• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL and the Outdoor Message - What the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really like to put words in other people's mouths and twist things all around backwards, now don't you? Very creative. Very cute.

One more time. Pay attention. Last time. My point is very simple:

I honestly don't think that Bob is ever going to be truly happy with GOAL regardless of what the GOAL BOD may or may not be willing to do for him. His methods, priorities and approach seem to be very different from GOAL's and that's really too bad. But it is what it is and the entire membership of GOAL should not have to change its ways just to suit Bob and his admirers here.

Rather than attack GOAL and try to bring it to its knees with all this crazy nitpicking bullstuff, I'm just suggesting that Bob consider starting up his own pro-gun group. All you belligerent and dissatisfied folks here could join that group and everyone would be happy. You could all go out and admire your billboards and assure each other beyond any shadow of a doubt than no one ever made a dime on them.

I may sound a little snotty and disgusted here so please forgive me for that. But my suggestion is a serious one. No joke. Why not start a new group? Who says there can only be one? Bob seems to have enough support for a new group with new tactics and 100% open & transparent finances... everything published and out in the open right down to the very last cent!

If Bob's new group is successful, I may even join myself... if you guys will have me, of course. [wink]

CLMN

A bunch of GOAL members have legitimate concerns about how a significant amount of money is being spent, and instead of addressing these concerns and either A) trying to fix the problem or B) come to the understanding that there is no problem at all, your solution is to just have everyone who's skeptical leave and start their own group. That way, GOAL can keep operating as is, potentially with minimal effectiveness at diminished capacity.

Yeah. That'll get things done. [thinking]

Last edited:
CLMN, I wouldn't call it nitpicking. Some valid issues were raised. We'll see how this all works itself out.
I'll respectfully disagree with you... but I understand that my perspective on this may be "tainted" by my respect and admiration for the GOAL organization.

CLMN

I'll respectfully disagree with you... but I understand that my perspective on this may be "tainted" by my respect and admiration for the GOAL organization.

CLMN

I have plenty of respect and admiration for GOAL. I am a Life member but everything should be above board especially financials. The money members send to GOAL should be used in the most effective way possible and all members have a legitimate reason to know how their money is being used.

There is nothing nit picky about wanting to know how donated money(that you contributed to) is being used by a "non profit" organization. Goal should have seen this coming.

As Thomas Jefferson once said:

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."

Smart guy.

Oh Lordy Lordy Bob! Is that your real beef??? Apples and oranges Bob... think apples and oranges.

PLEASE go out and start your own pro-gun group and do all the things you want to do with it. Please???

If it ever proves to be as effective as GOAL has been over my lifetime in keeping my rights alive in this crazy moonbat state, maybe I will even join your new group. How's that?

I'll even promise not to bitch about the billboards. Okay?

CLMN

Nope, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. You find no problem if someone is profiting at GOAL's expense saying that because the individual has done much for gun owner's in MA it's OK and you tell those of us who do object to shut up and soldier yet you're expressing those views in a forum owned by someone who is helping gun owner's in MA and you refuse to donate and help defray the costs.

So basically you're OK with the situation at GOAL because you personally LIKE one of the individuals in question. Typical MA BS - do as I say, not as I do.

Gotcha.

And as for the 'start your own forum' - why? What is GOAL personally owned by the individual in question? Are you suggesting it's his personal fife or something? If that isn't the case, then the MEMBERS have a say in how it is run.

Which is it?

End of pissing contest Bob. With all due respect, you are out of your freakin' mind over this and nothing anyone can say will help you.

Bye Bye Bob. Enjoy your vicious attack against GOAL. I'm done.

CLMN

Just between the two of us, I think Bob has a lot more problems with GOAL then he is letting on. [wink]

CLMN

Just between the two of us you're an idiot.

I don't know you, you don't know me. I actually CARE for GOAL and want MA gun owners to have a strong voice representing them. Right now 1/3 of their capital is tied up in something that needs looking at more closely. Why are you so afraid of transparency? Do you know something maybe? You're doing everything you can to deflect this thread off the issue at hand which is a) is TOM the best use of 1/3 of GOAL's annual budget. If so b) are the getting the best deal they can for it and c) is there anything untoward in the relationships between the parties.

So CLMN is talking about Yacino deserving some remuneration etc and someone else saying he's a paid consultant to the BOD. So is that 12K on the tax statement economist posted paid to him or is that for someone else?

For those reading who are not familiar with me, I am a member of the BOD elected for my first term this year. Prior to this year I knew Mr. Yancino only by reputation (both good and ill).

As for the chain of events preceding the OP in this thread...I was present when Bob P presented a group letter and his own commentary on his concerns at the last regular BOD meeting. The issue was assigned to a member of the BOD to work on and I was not privy to the events beyond that point so I will not discuss them here. I will be interested to hear the other side of things and review the communications in their entirety.

Whether they were handled poorly on one side or both sides, I would have been surprised to see a full report sent out before the full BOD had a chance to discuss it. I am sorry that many of you view that as bureaucratic BS or an indication of shady dealings. From my perspective as a member of the BOD, I would want a chance for the BOD to review whatever the findings are and determine the BOD’s position and a course of action prior to releasing a report.

For the people who object to and/or question the current arrangement with TOM...Bob P has a letter on record with GOAL. What PRECISELY do the rest of you want? What specific information do you want the BOD to provide to you? Come to the meeting and tell us in person or if you can’t come to the next meeting, please sit down and write a letter to the BOD.

As a voting member of Goal (Life) I, like Bob, would like to know if there are any conflicts of interest which, in the long run, could possibly bring down the organization. Also, are there better ways for Goal to spend 1/3 of it's operating budget, than on four pages in a monthly newsletter . It's that simple.

Thanks Nicole, for the record I do not know you. But thank you for doing a job that may sometimes seem thankless.

It just appears to me that some people didn't know they were paying $7.32 a year for the newspaper even though it is clearly stated on the membership application.

Keep up the good work and don't lose the faith.

I've written to my State Representative and Senators on many occasions about our gun laws and pending legislation and I wish we all looked for accountability from them with the same zeal displayed here.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks Nicole, for the record I do not know you. But thank you for doing a job that may sometimes seem thankless.

It just appears to me that some people didn't know they were paying $7.32 a year for the newspaper even though it is clearly stated on the membership application.

Keep up the good work and don't lose the faith.

I've written to my State Representative and Senators on many occasions about our gun laws and pending legislation and I wish we all looked for accountability from them with the same zeal displayed here.

Thank you.

Some of us do. I've made myself way more a pain in the a** to my state rep than I have to GOAL.

This!!! [wink]

And if at the end of the day a few pennies from that last 32¢ happen to end up in Mike Yacino's pocket as (God Almighty help us!) profit from the newspaper and for 30-something years of service to Massachusetts gun owners including me, I say Hooray and thank you Mike for your fine service!

CLMN

You're on the take too.

Come on, you can come clean. We won't tell......[wink]

What's the deal here? So some weeks ago there was a thread about the Outdoor Message not being owned by GOAL – which shocked the hell out of me. I mean I assumed etc etc. So looking at the membership application for GOAL it says almost $8 of every annual membership fee goes to the Outdoor Message. That's something like $90,000 a year!

Have you SEEN the Outdoor Message? GOAL's got like what, four pages? The rest is gunclub news and ads. I CHECKED with my club (who has a page). They PAY for that space.

So the Outdoor Message gets paid by the clubs. I assume they make money off those ads AND they get $90k from GOAL on top of that? Someone please tell me I'm doing the math wrong here because that seems, to me at least, to be a poor use of GOAL's funds. I mean does anyone actually READ the Outdoor Message?

I read it from front to back most of the time. It's a good read. I even read the club news from other clubs.
You obviously don't think it is worth it. What is your suggestion for GOAL to communicate with their members?

I read it from front to back most of the time. It's a good read. I even read the club news from other clubs.
You obviously don't think it is worth it. What is your suggestion for GOAL to communicate with their members?

Email, web, a news letter that doesn't cost 1/3 of their annual budget...

In case you missed the memo, this is way beyond whether people read some newsletter or not.

I respond as I read. Maybe you read in Arabic from back to front, left to right, whatever. I am an American. Try to keep up.
That got to be one of the dumber things ever said here.

Corruption, incompetence, obfuscaton, confusion, and all you're worried about is your newsletter?

Way to be on top of things.

In reality nothing beats NES for up to the minute news related to shooting and firearms. Something happens and in less then an hour it's on this site, two months later it's in the Outdoor Message.

Maybe GOAL should be giving that money to Derek ;)

In reality nothing beats NES for up to the minute news related to shooting and firearms. Something happens and in less then an hour it's on this site, two months later it's in the Outdoor Message.

Maybe GOAL should be giving that money to Derek ;)

+1, that's the beauty of the net. Never mind more, better, information, this forum is a community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom