• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL ALERT

can someone provide an intelligent argument for opposing this: H.2091 - Live fire requirement for license courses

Why on earth wouldn't you want someone who is getting a license to have at least fired a gun before??

Because not everyone in possession of a firearm plans on ever shooting it... collectors, inheritance, family heirloom.

The person I named in my will to inherit my firearms has zero interest in going to a range or hunting,
but she knows they have a fair amount of cash value. She's also my emergency back up to rescue my firearms
from the PD (before they're sent to VV), if for some unforeseeable reason they're ever confiscated.

Not all instructors are associated with a range or gun club where classes can be held.
Requiring a live fire portion would mean having access to a range that would allow non-members the time
and opportunity to use their resources... for an additional fee of course.

Advice - do not be intimidated by some granny or preacher saving seats. Unless there is a crumpled old dried up ass in it, it is yours.

This.

Last time around they got there early and placed orange tshirts on all the front row seats to reserve them.

IIRC, someone from our side brought it to the attention of one of the officers, sgt at arms put an end to it.

You know in all my years of owning firearms I never knew of the importance of being part of the solution.
Now is not the time to be calling out fellow owners of firearms.

We have the media against us at all times as it is.

We should be figuring out how to raise our level of support for the most important amendment written.

Be part of something bigger than the gun in your pants.
Support our own organization right here in MA.
GOAL needs your help, hell all of us need you!

What will you leave behind when you no longer walk of this earth?
I hope I can say my family is safer and has the rights to protect their freedoms.
No one can do it all alone. We need to support each other and those that support our freedoms!

We were kicked in the balls by our AG on 7/20/16.
Are we going to do nothing and take it like a bunch of whiny little bitches or are we going to be part of the something bigger than ourselves?

Last edited:
Is it possible to submit testimony if you are not able to attend the hearing? My son is going in for surgery the 28th, so there's no way that I can get to the hearing, but I'd like to do something to stop this lot of life's rejects from making this "commonwealth" even worse.

Is it possible to submit testimony if you are not able to attend the hearing? My son is going in for surgery the 28th, so there's no way that I can get to the hearing, but I'd like to do something to stop this lot of life's rejects from making this "commonwealth" even worse.

Yes, write a letter to your state legislators. If you need their address you can look them up on the GOAL website, look for the "Find My Legislator" option off of the Legislation tab of the main menu.

I’m tired of having to beg to keep my rights (what little are left). I’m not playing anymore, I’ll write my letters with this sentiment and more.

Pass a law that gives you ‘authority’ to enter my home without probable cause of a crime? I have the right to defend myself and my home.

Pass a law that says I have to surrender my property without due process? I will ignore it.

And on and on; if they want to play - let’s play. But not this Mother May I crap in front of legislators that will vote the way leadership tells them. Let’s play the F-U game; as in F-U I’m not going to comply, do you have the balls to make me?

can someone provide an intelligent argument for opposing this: H.2091 - Live fire requirement for license courses

Why on earth wouldn't you want someone who is getting a license to have at least fired a gun before??

If you already know how to shoot, (grew up with guns, lived in a free state, ex military) it’s a stupid requirement.

Also, there’s zero evidence that adding a live fire requirement improves public safety.

Why the hell would we support ammo being signature required?

Because the rest of the bill makes it explicitly legal for out of state dealers to ship ammo to Mass.

Yes, write a letter to your state legislators. If you need their address you can look them up on the GOAL website, look for the "Find My Legislator" option off of the Legislation tab of the main menu.
Would it be better to send the letters to the committee members and copy your state legislator?

Those people aren't reading emails and only open letters to see if there's money inside. The chance of your content reaching the eyes of the intended are slim to none. Physical numbers (asses in seats) at these things is what drives the message!

Advice - do not be intimidated by some granny or preacher saving seats. Unless there is a crumpled old dried up ass in it, it is yours.

Very politely agree to compromise... "I will just sit here until the person you are saving it for shows up."
When it is time to give up the seat tell them you are just closing the reserved seat loophole.

It will be 100% lost on them, but it got you a seat.

Because it's a solution in search of a problem, and throws up yet another barrier to gun ownership.

How often is someone injured by a licensed owner who has never fired a gun before? I bet that number is single digits over the past decade.

Below is a link for directions to room A2 at the Mass Statehouse.

https://malegislature.gov/GetMap/424

I’m tired of having to beg to keep my rights (what little are left). I’m not playing anymore, I’ll write my letters with this sentiment and more.

Pass a law that gives you ‘authority’ to enter my home without probable cause of a crime? I have the right to defend myself and my home.

Pass a law that says I have to surrender my property without due process? I will ignore it.

And on and on; if they want to play - let’s play. But not this Mother May I crap in front of legislators that will vote the way leadership tells them. Let’s play the F-U game; as in F-U I’m not going to comply, do you have the balls to make me?

Now you've got the picture!

It's too bad 10,000 more won't open their eyes and see this is the only way to shove these a**h***s off their back and out of their lives.

Because the rest of the bill makes it explicitly legal for out of state dealers to ship ammo to Mass.

Sorry no personal offense meant, but the fact that some citizens believe they need laws to expressly tell them what they can do, is I think a sign of the rot that festers upon constitutional liberty in Massachusetts.

And unfortunately the upshot of the bill being brought forward is much more likely that Senator Sandy Vadge of Somerville, and Representative Norman Nimrod of Newton, will say to each other "Wait you mean internet sales of ammo are not illegal already, well we must make it so."

:emoji_tiger:

I'm offering $100.00 gas/fuel money to one individual gun owner who packs up their belongings and moves out of MA if any of those ridiculous bills pass.

Well, it would cost more to call and notify the family, change the address with the post office and pay tolls to travel over the border, so they'll just stay put. [devil][pot]

Would it be better to send the letters to the committee members and copy your state legislator?

It couldn't hurt to cc the committee chairs.

Those people aren't reading emails and only open letters to see if there's money inside. The chance of your content reaching the eyes of the intended are slim to none. Physical numbers (asses in seats) at these things is what drives the message!
According to my state rep (who I've known him and his family for >40 yrs), writing to your state rep/senator PLUS the 2 co-chairs of Public Safety Committee are the way to go. The two co-chairs I am told will make copies and give the testimony to all the other members.

I've been there when 14 of the 16 members left Gardner Auditorium when our side was talking. Per my state rep, they do not record verbal testimony so don't be surprised if you are talking to a blank wall when you speak. Thus his suggestion to write to the co-chairs. Clicking on the names here will give you their Email and other contact info: https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J22

I have been sending private messages to conservative folks I follow on Twitter that have large followings with potentially many in MA. The message I am sending asks that they spread the word on the need for attendance.
I know theirs is not a targeted audience but it is a broader one.

I am not on FaceBook where this appeal may be more effective, but it could be copied and used there also.

-------

XXXXX, I am sure you have a lot of followers in MA, please spread the word asking folks to attend this hearing called on short notice to force through outrageous gun laws, 1 gun a month, annual inspections, mandatory liability insurance, many more. Bloomberg paid professional gun grabbers will be there and the only counter to this spreading tyranny is pro 2A people in attendance - Thanks Alert - Public Hearing August 28 MA State House - GOAL.ORG

-------

I hope folks are contacting their club officers and urging them to use the club's contact list to call for hearing attendance.

People have in the past said this has limited impact because their club is mostly Fudds and you cannot get them interested.

Well, start emphasizing the extra tax proposal on ammo, annual inspections, and mandatory liability insurance and you might be surprised how many start to take notice.

Nothing is liable to rile a Fudd like having to open his wallet.

According to my state rep (who I've known him and his family for >40 yrs), writing to your state rep/senator PLUS the 2 co-chairs of Public Safety Committee are the way to go. The two co-chairs I am told will make copies and give the testimony to all the other members.

I've been there when 14 of the 16 members left Gardner Auditorium when our side was talking. Per my state rep, they do not record verbal testimony so don't be surprised if you are talking to a blank wall when you speak. Thus his suggestion to write to the co-chairs. Clicking on the names here will give you their Email and other contact info: https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J22

Bolding is deliberate: Not a bash on you Len, The statement in bold above shows the utter contempt these narcissistic, holier than thou, bastards have for people. If people have the courtesy to show up, THEY should have a MANDATE to be present during the people's testimony.

The whole process is a fvcking fraud from beginning to end.....and they know it. They are going through the bothersome motions and could not care less what any adversely impacted person or groups has to say.

Its time to stand up and start publicly insulting them, video it and make it go viral.

Bolding is deliberate: Not a bash on you Len, The statement in bold above shows the utter contempt these narcissistic, holier than thou, bastards have for people. If people have the courtesy to show up, THEY should have a MANDATE to be present during the people's testimony.

The whole process is a fvcking fraud from beginning to end.....and they know it. They are going through the bothersome motions and could not care less what any adversely impacted person or groups has to say.

Its time to stand up and start publicly insulting them, video it and make it go viral.
I attended these hearings for probably >20 yrs and it was the same circus each time. Politicians and "connected" get to jump the line and speak first, then the anti-crowd (and pretty much allowed as much time as they want) . . . all this with the rapt attention of all 16 members. Then our side is restricted to 3 min/person (with long lists of bills you want to address) and shut-down if you go over 3 minutes . . . all this with a mere handful of members present.

I think that most know that it is a fraudulent process and that they only listen to the paid lobbyists (who grease their palms in various ways).

My skeptical mind tells me that they moved back the hearing as they expect a lot of politicians/connected/anti-groups to address them. When members disappear for lunch (the hearing continues), most will never return.

I attended these hearings for probably >20 yrs and it was the same circus each time. Politicians and "connected" get to jump the line and speak first, then the anti-crowd (and pretty much allowed as much time as they want) . . . all this with the rapt attention of all 16 members. Then our side is restricted to 3 min/person (with long lists of bills you want to address) and shut-down if you go over 3 minutes . . . all this with a mere handful of members present.

I think that most know that it is a fraudulent process and that they only listen to the paid lobbyists (who grease their palms in various ways).

My skeptical mind tells me that they moved back the hearing as they expect a lot of politicians/connected/anti-groups to address them. When members disappear for lunch (the hearing continues), most will never return.

I'm not going to waist my time than. I'll try to get an apt with my legislators instead.

One would think that with this type of action by our legislators that a class action/civil lawsuit could be brought against them. These actions demonstrate discrimination/bias and a total lack of consideration in giving equal time to all parties. I know our corrupt Ma. courts would most likely rule in their favor but I'd think the outcome would be different at the Supreme court although one can't be sure.

I can tell you from experience that written letters carry more weight than testimony. Emails are ok, paper is better. The state is required to keep correspondence as part of the record.

Ya, they're required to process LTC's in a specific number of days too.

If you're going to write them, be sure to note in bold at the bottom: cc Dewey, Cheat'em and Howe, Attorneys at Law [thumbsup]

Back
Top Bottom