GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

Turning thousands of innocent people into criminals in an instant has inflicted harm not only to gun owners but to their families & friends etc. It could destroy our lives and theirs.

Unfortunately it's not a simple task, before a suit can be filed one must be able to demonstrate that "harm" has been inflicted by the unjust law.

Len I would add that actions like this could possibly affect their families and friends too. It may not always be about guns depending on who's in office. Denying due process is bad for everyone.

After hearing from GOAL that they really truly do not want us to continue to harass the legislative aides, I settled on sending out a pointed Email to all the leadership and my sen/rep.

Here's a part of it that I hope stings some of them assuming they have any conscience at all.

By “kicking the can down the road”, that lack of action makes the leadership complicit with the AG to reduce a couple of hundred thousand lawful gun owners to felons, just waiting to get arrested, prosecuted and convicted of an alleged crime that was perfectly legal (and documented as such by the ATF’s Technical Branch during the Federal AWB) during the Federal Ban which is identical to the current Mass. AWB!
  • You are condemning numerous law abiding gun owners to a felony conviction and potential 10 year state prison sentences, loss of all their savings, their jobs, their homes, their families and Federal Prohibited Person status for life . . . and just maybe they will prevail in court years later and not have to serve their entire sentence!
  • A case like this has to be brought to court by someone with legal standing (generally someone convicted of the “crime”), GOAL was dismissed back ~1999 as lacking standing when they challenged the AG on the CMR and their charter is restricted to lobbying and legislative action, not lawsuits.
  • As a Constable and as a person with considerable expertise in Mass. gun laws I regularly serve lawsuits that were filed years earlier and testified as an expert witness in a criminal case (firearms charges) last year where the initial arrest and charges were filed ~18 months prior to the defendant’s day in court! It will take years in court before a case like this would be adjudicated. In general we could expect no results for 2 to 5 years, meanwhile the innocent gun owners could be rotting in state prison that long looking for justice . . . all because the legislature refused to act.

In Mass if an individual wants to modify an existing law.. is there a process in place to accomplish that.. Or is the process simply send your request to the AG where he/she will make your changes, make it law and also enforce it?

I believe the "Harm" is an AG's office grossly abusing their power by circumventing due process, imposing non vetted legislation and slipping it under the radar with an impending significant legislative break and the DNC.

This harm is that law abiding citizens of Mass no longer have law makers and due process .. They have the AG. JMHO.

Right,
we don't have a monarchy here in Massachusetts last time I checked, but we have elected officials with no problem skirting the constitution

And I thought I was doing well getting two Winchester M1 Carbines from CMP, so a WWII Inland is legal but a Winchester is not?

Doesnt matter. Not going by lists per the King.
Determination based on Operating system, sharing parts, looks, smell, color, etc.

Gas Piston operating system - check
Shares parts with an "Assault Weapon" - check
Inland vs Winchester "copycat" - check

Ya'll got some nice "Assault Weapons" there my friend.

Great way for de facto ban em all. Making up shit.
Can you find the 22lr versions...

I don't know what the hell is going on. I feel like I am in Bizzaro World.

bizarro1.jpg

Remember, Healey's aide's are reading these posts and laughing their asses off. Remember what Bella Pelosi said at the DNC Convention, with white guys it's all about God, Gays and Guns. This is what these libs think of us, we're all Bible thumping, homo hating gun nuts so don't expect any sympathy or understanding. They think their cause is righteous and we're the problem. Obama feels the same way and that's why he has refused to work w/the loyal opposition but bows to the likes of little Puty and the murderous Mullahs in Tehran. Obama and his acolytes(repressive liberals) hate white guys and are total racists.

Doesnt matter. Not going by lists per the King.
Determination based on Operating system, sharing parts, looks, smell, color, etc.

Gas Piston operating system - check
Shares parts with an "Assault Weapon" - check
Inland vs Winchester "copycat" - check

Ya'll got some nice "Assault Weapons" there my friend.

Great way for de facto ban em all. Making up shit.
Can you find the 22lr versions...

Ahh, forgot, you should, maybe, be covered if it's original pre-1994. For now it's a "legal" AW
All subject to change in interpretation at any time. You did purchase it prior to sep 1994 right?

1994 is only for it was legally owned before 1994

The law doesn't specify by whom, other wise you could never sell it. It just had to be legally owned by someone before 1994, it is not restricted to the owner at the time forever

Any idea on if it's safe to fire one on a private range on private land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as mere possession makes you a felon, firing one isn't going to make it more or less of a felony.

Don't make the list out to be more than it is.

Maura did.

1994 is only for it was legally owned before 1994

The law doesn't specify by whom, other wise you could never sell it. It just had to be legally owned by someone before 1994, it is not restricted to the owner at the time forever

For now lol.
Just pointing out how ridiculous the "directive" bs is.
I don't think anyone knows how they would go about selling anything anymore. Probably won't get a dealer to perform a transfer unless it's going for a ride on a ups truck.

"I doubt that you'd get 100K MA LTC holders who really care about this." If we could make the case that the AG is now coming after THEIR 3-shot Rem 1100 and 1911, you might get their attention.

"I doubt that you'd get 100K MA LTC holders who really care about this." If we could make the case that the AG is now coming after THEIR 3-shot Rem 1100 and 1911, you might get their attention.

Speaking of the 1911s, did Her Majesty ever respond to the letter from Bennett?

Remember, Healey's aide's are reading these posts and laughing their asses off. Remember what Bella Pelosi said at the DNC Convention, with white guys it's all about God, Gays and Guns. This is what these libs think of us, we're all Bible thumping, homo hating gun nuts so don't expect any sympathy or understanding. They think their cause is righteous and we're the problem. Obama feels the same way and that's why he has refused to work w/the loyal opposition but bows to the likes of little Puty and the murderous Mullahs in Tehran. Obama and his acolytes(repressive liberals) hate white guys and are total racists.

I don't know what they are laughing about.
She just guaranteed her career with never go past this state.
unless she can find a job in CA or NY.
A federal appointment that would require conformation hearings? [rofl][rofl][rofl]
Not after this shit show.

Right,
we don't have a monarchy here in Massachusetts last time I checked, but we have elected officials with no problem skirting the constitution

and a group of subjects who are happy to let them get away with it.

Guess they forgot about groups like the Pink Pistols and their exponential growth following Orlando.

A federal appointment that would require conformation hearings? [rofl][rofl][rofl]

She's probably very content with going for the Governors seat for now. She sure did a number on Baker with this.

and a group of subjects who are happy to let them get away with it.

Guess they forgot about groups like the Pink Pistols and their exponential growth following Orlando.

She's probably very content with going for the Governors seat for now. She sure did a number on Baker with this.

Yes she did, and he fell right into it.
He cooked his own goose.
I would rather see her get it than him.
Apparently that position comes with less power than she has now.
As much as I can't stand her, she at least sticks her neck out for her beliefs.
Charlie sticks his finger in the wind when he steps out the door to see what his are today.
If he tries doing a Scotty Brown and run in another state after, we need to make sure this follows him there too, in case anyone thinks they are voting for a Republican.

With the right Senate and President she can walk into any appointed position she wants. And, I can think of at least 3 federal level positions she might move up into that don't require appointment.

With the right Senate and President she can walk into any appointed position she wants. And, I can think of at least 3 federal level positions she might move up into that don't require appointment.

If all the stars lined up maybe.
Anything that does require conformation will be out.
She's made herself too controversial now.
She just declared close to half a million people retroactive criminals, and considering Mass. is not the center of the universe, most of the rest of the country just did a "WTF?".
She did Hitlery's bidding and I suspect she will find out like so many others what happens to useful idiots.
She won't be the first or the last.

Back
Top Bottom