GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

I agree, and some of the Globe article comments about us as a group in general have really woken me up on this. The greater Boston area gets to decide what's best for the entire state? I like the idea of driving through all these politicians neighborhoods. SLOWLY dressed in suits.

If were going to get anywhere we might want to take a lesson from civil rights groups. Hand pick your ralliers, give them their signs, and control the message while keeping our well meaning but verbally incompetent supporters in the dark.

Its a shame, but when you feed the stereotype everybody buys in. Just look at Maura, she's quoted as saying we should look beyond differences and stereotypes, and she's swallowed that shit right up.

Unfortunately, based on how the system is set up I believe the only way we can win is if the opposition has something to lose. And they don't, because there are no consequences for any of their actions. What's the breaking point? Are we heading toward another Shot Heard 'Round the World?

Still want to stay civil and polite? [rolleyes] I'm so unbelievably angry about this. To the point of being sick to my stomach when I stop and think about it......

Those who aren't alarmed (oh well, I've got mine) just don't get it.

She has set the groundwork in place for confiscation without compensation.

She just needs to wait awhile--and then make noise about all those "illegal assault weapons" that are "on the street".

Fight's not over yet. It's only just begun. Getting legislation through this weekend was always a long shot with little chance of success, particularly in this state. DeLeo, Rosenberg, Healy, and their cohort have no interest in what we have to say, and I don't think it was really expected that they would.

No, the fight's not over, we have to adapt to a new plan.

I hope your right.

IME we will never get back all that she stole from us. That's not the way compromise works for gun legislation in Mass. We are usually lucky to get back half of what the took.

Hopefully it wakes up the fudds when they find out that they can't buy a magazine fed semi auto rifle. I doubt it though.

Bob

Doolittle's raid was about morale and reaching out to touch the enemy.
I'd also like to see something with more of an impact -- like the Yamamoto shootdown.

Upon reconsideration, Yamamoto is an inappropriate person for this analogy.
He was an honorable officer; Healey is not.
Hideki Tojo would have been a better choice.

Last edited:
well, this has to be won in the voting booth. We need a generic statement that will apply to all those who do not support freedom. We cannot discriminate against other groups looking for freedom as well. We need to unite with them and send a unilateral message to the candidates that we want people who support our freedom.

We need to unite with BLM and the LBGTQ and pro-choice communities. Our difference keep us divided. We have to unite under one message to all who want to represent us. You represent us all or it the unemployment line for you.

We cannot talk about restricting someone's right because a crime might be committed. That's what is happening to us now. So whatever your personal feelings are about any controversial subject keep them to yourself and jump on the freedom for all train.

If you don't support freedom for everybody then you don;t support freedom for anybody.

If we throw some support behind others maybe they throw some support our way.

Moving seems to be the only way out of this. Our fellow citizens have turned on us and they get what they deserve,tyranny from their govt. They're obviously to stupid, brainwashed and afraid to comprehend this situation so they get what they deserve.

I expect we'll hear from GOAL within a day or so.

As far as the legislature, we are already forgotten, they kicked the can down the road and will NOT address this now or ever, just like in 1998 . . . totally gutless.

It's over legislatively. After today, all it takes is ONE LEGISLATOR to object to a proposed bill and it is DEAD, those are the rules...

Len, can you please explain.
Your fricken with me right?

Would like to hear what went down in 1998.

so we're criminals in our own State even thou we've done nothing wrong. This is what happens when you vote for Dems. Can we even transport our rifles to the range?

Well, thank god they didn't address this stupid AWB letter and passed that UBER bill instead. These are the important issues of our times folks. We do not hold the sway that the cabbies do.
That was on top of my list I couldn't sleep at night knowing that the taxi medallions were being devalued by everyday people out making an extra buck providing a needed service.

They don't give a rat's ass about anything but their own ability to milk the taxpayer teat. That UBER bill has .20 per ride fee tacked on. They never miss an opportunity to stick their hand in the pot. It's all about passenger safety right. That fee is supposed to be for "infrastructure". Guaranteed it goes directly into the general fund so they can do as they please. So, I'd like to see, after this law is implemented, how many income-tax paying UBER drivers will stop driving because they won't pass the background check or refuse to get fingerprinted. I bet that .20/ride fee will be a wash with what they may lose in income tax revenue.

Len, can you please explain.
Your fricken with me right?

Would like to hear what went down in 1998.

C. 180 of the Acts of 1998 wrt handgun sales requirements is ALMOST the same as the CMR by the AG, but not quite the same. GOAL and a long-defunct trade group sued the AG. The court ruled that GOAL had no standing to sue in spite of members who were directly affected (dealers and those that could no longer buy certain guns at retail). A Corporate Charter delineates (and restricts) a company wrt what they can legally do and GOAL's Charter is for education, lobbying and legislative action, not lawsuits. Operate outside your Charter and the Secretary of State can nullify your corporate status, somehow also affecting the tax status of the company. Comm2A's Charter is for education and litigation, so they can't do lobbying.

So if GOAL is a party to another suit, the court will decertify them as a Plaintiff and it is a waste of money and time.

Not sure if that answers your question or not.

so we're criminals in our own State even thou we've done nothing wrong. This is what happens when you vote for Dems. Can we even transport our rifles to the range?

According to the AG? NO! Not without risk of arrest and prosecution by local PD.

I would hope so. I hope they are working out a strategy with all the major orgs in the back room. Totally unwise for them to tip their hand before filing a suit, so we'll just have to be patient. A wrong turn in litigation could screw us royally, a lot worse than we are now.

I could see any litigation or 'test case' going south on us if the defendant(s) have other issues, or additional charges filed.

Someone busted for drug possession, violating an RO, etc in addition to possessing an illegal EBR is not going to be an ideal candidate for challenging this crap.

Additionally, we also don't need some rogue lawyer defending a client facing an illegal EBR charge, and not consult with GOAL or Comm2a first.

It's over legislatively. After today, all it takes is ONE LEGISLATOR to object to a proposed bill and it is DEAD, those are the rules...

Len, how can one Legislator put the Kaibosh on a proposed bill going forward?!
Is Tarr's bill burning in flames now, never to be resurrected in the next session?

According to the AG? NO! Not without risk of arrest and prosecution by local PD.

Ok so now what we can take to the range without risk? My M1 Carbine? I wonder if a cop would be put off if I pulled an 03FFL and said "I am federally licensed for this gun" would they know enough or care rather than arresting you?

The BOTTOM LINE

What is legal to own, to transport, for dealers to sell, for us to sell? And are we all waiting for the shoe to drop re confiscation, or legal action?

do we have any proof of even a single range doing that? Lets not go overboard and give them ideas.

It's just a matter of time before one or more clubs do this. I can think of a likely candidate.

Len, how can one Legislator put the Kaibosh on a proposed bill going forward?!
Is Tarr's bill burning in flames now, never to be resurrected in the next session?

Dead! The way the MA legislature (and US Congress) works is that either the senate president or house speaker CONTROLS what bills get put on the floor for debate. If he doesn't want that bill to be debated, it won't happen!

They are probably looking for their own test case also.

I would hope and think so. They have to be extremely careful who the plaintiffs are, they have to be pure as Ivory Snow or the judges will kill us with a ruling based on pure BS.

Ok so now what we can take to the range without risk? My M1 Carbine? I wonder if a cop would be put off if I pulled an 03FFL and said "I am federally licensed for this gun" would they know enough or care rather than arresting you?

The BOTTOM LINE

What is legal to own, to transport, for dealers to sell, for us to sell? And are we all waiting for the shoe to drop re confiscation, or legal action?

Nobody knows!

ONLY the Inland M1 Carbine is exempt per the Appendix A the AG referred to in her edict, all other mfrs of M1 Carbine are potential AWs according to her.

The BOTTOM LINE

I have found if your calm in your explanation and on point cops will generally go oh i didn't know that. Carry on.

But know your shit otherwise.
QUEUE the don't talk to the cops guys.

Obviously with what happened on the 20th is proof that the law abiding citizens of mass now have no due process for them to use.

If the AG can do what she did unabated, that is a clear indication that she has the ability (And will use it) to disallow Mass citizens due process.

She timed this perfectly knowing even if a bill or bill(s) were introduced this close to the end of session, it had no chance of even being looked at with all the other already pending bills needing
resolution.

I believe the only recourse at this point is a Law Suit. Someone has to sue the AG.

Obviously with what happened on the 20th is proof that the law abiding citizens of mass now have no due process for them to use.

If the AG can do what she did unabated, that is a clear indication that she has the ability (And will use it) to disallow Mass citizens due process.

She timed this perfectly knowing even if a bill or bill(s) were introduced this close to the end of session, it had no chance of even being looked at with all the other already pending bills needing
resolution.

I believe the only recourse at this point is a Law Suit. Someone has to sue the AG.

Unfortunately it's not a simple task, before a suit can be filed one must be able to demonstrate that "harm" has been inflicted by the unjust law.

Unfortunately it's not a simple task, before a suit can be filed one must be able to demonstrate that "harm" has been inflicted by the unjust law.

In Mass if an individual wants to modify an existing law.. is there a process in place to accomplish that.. Or is the process simply send your request to the AG where he/she will make your changes, make it law and also enforce it?

I believe the "Harm" is an AG's office grossly abusing their power by circumventing due process, imposing non vetted legislation and slipping it under the radar with an impending significant legislative break and the DNC.

This harm is that law abiding citizens of Mass no longer have law makers and due process .. They have the AG. JMHO.

Last edited:
In Mass if an individual wants to modify an existing law.. is there a process in place to accomplish that.. Or is the process simply send your request to the AG where he/she will make your changes, make it law and also enforce it?

I believe the "Harm" is an AG's office grossly abusing their power by circumventing due process, imposing non vetted legislation and slipping it under the radar with an impending significant legislative break and the DNC.

This harm is that law abiding citizens of Mass no longer have law makers and due process .. They have the AG. JMHO.

I believe that you could have a referendum... but I think those get approved for the ballot by the AG.

This state is so far gone it is hard to find the right words to describe it.

I believe that you could have a referendum... but I think those get approved for the ballot by the AG.

This state is so far gone it is hard to find the right words to describe it.

I have to say I really feel bad for not only the Mass gun owners/enthusiasts but for every Mass Citizen because right now it's a gun issue but next week it could be something else.. I am still not completely seeing how this terrible action was allowed to happen.

I also have to say that now that this has occurred in Mass, I am really concerned this kind of crap can happen in any state.. When does it stop?

Any idea on if it's safe to fire one on a private range on private land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom