• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

GOAL, according to Mike S, Jim made the request. I've been in Email contact numerous times today with Mike.

What I'm reading into this is that the bill is dead. It won't make any difference at this point, so lets move on to the next move.

Problem is that we're playing pawns against their queen, and the clock is running out. So you know where this game is headed.

Checkmate!

Jeff-Goldblum-in-Independence-Day.jpg

What is the priority of concern here, civilrights ,due process, 2A, or the comparison of firearms to ASSAULT WEAPONS.
Most everyone on the website own firearms, I don't know of anyone that owns an ASSAULT WEAPON.
You as an individual defines the application of the item ,rock,knife, hands, feet, baseball bat ,auto,truck into a WEAPON.
POINT 1, give it the definition it deserves

I am now convinced that the whole plan was orchestrated and carried out by the Democratic leadership in Mass., and in D.C. The timing was in coordination with the Democratic convention, and all of the blocking with "Let the Courts Decide"is designed to deny any legislative push back AND be the test case to copy this in other states.

The really sad part is that a few people can decide for thousands - I thought Democracy allowed everyone a voice.....but I guess it it now only a few voices.

In my 60+ years in Mass., this is probably the biggest disappointment I have ever had. Difficult to verbalize how this feels.

X2

GOAL wants us to stop calling?? Confusing to be sure. I think continued "POLITE" phone calls during business hours to all the legislators is our BEST shot, AND include Gov. Baker's office. It's how Numbers USA gets things done.

Very confusing. If anyone has anything further on this, please post. My sportsmen's club has a meeting tomorrow night, they use FB, but I don't do any of those "social media" sites because I hate the twerp who runs it. He censors out all conservative view points.

Last edited:
My apologies if this has been asked before ... Could some kind of class action suit be a possibility in this case? IANAL, just thinking of angles of attack ...

I don't see how rolling over and playing dead helps.

Gays and transgender people are ~1% and .04% of the population, yet politically punch for a disproportional amount of representation because they are LOUD AND PROUD.

Gun owners have larger numbers as a minority group and get bupkiss because we keep playing by the establishment's rules which are already rigged against us. We need to get into the third or fourth dimension of political campaigning and not keep trying to roll the same boulder up the Sisyphean hill.

If GOAL doesn't want us to politely call, I'm fine with that. BUT, what should we be doing? I'm fine not calling, but I'm not fine sitting on my hands. What can we do to ensure this doesn't become forgotten with our Legislators?

What is the priority of concern here, civilrights ,due process, 2A, or the comparison of firearms to ASSAULT WEAPONS.
Most everyone on the website own firearms, I don't know of anyone that owns an ASSAULT WEAPON.
You as an individual defines the item ,rock,knife, hands, feet, baseball bat ,auto,truck into a WEAPON.
POINT 1, give it the definition it deserves

If GOAL doesn't want us to politely call, I'm fine with that. BUT, what should we be doing? I'm fine not calling, but I'm not fine sitting on my hands. What can we do to ensure this doesn't become forgotten with our Legislators?

What he said. Reminiscent of the legend of 1998 with Scott Harshbarger (who the Police backed and were betrayed along with us), who supposedly met with some other people on a Saturday night in Spencer, Mass and made "the list". Or so the story goes.

I'm not fine with this at all. It is sad to have to fight for what is already a "right". We shouldn't even have to HAVE this whole conversation. Where are all the ACE lawyers in this grand scheme of things????

I'd think there's no good reason to stop calling ever...

I agree, and some of the Globe article comments about us as a group in general have really woken me up on this. The greater Boston area gets to decide what's best for the entire state? I like the idea of driving through all these politicians neighborhoods. SLOWLY dressed in suits.

Anyone here live in DeLeo's district (19th Suffolk - Winthrop & part of Revere)? If so are you willing to run a write-in campaign?

And there's a little over 4,000,000 registered voters in this state. Assuming all 400,000 LTC holders vote for a 2A candidate it isn't going to change the political tides much.

Any idea what percentage of those 4 million actually vote? I don't know that number, but I'm guessing about half.

Greater Boston doesn't have a say so much as a collective of like-minded communities with disproportional influence. Boston residents have no voice because of how our city council (useless and pointless body) and mayoral elections are essentially rigged. The state is run from Cambridge, Brookline, Newton, Weston, Lincoln, Sudbury, Concord, Carlise, Lexington, Martha's Vinyard, Lenox, Amherst, and a few select enclaves on the Cape. There's an unholy alliance between the wealthy and academics to keep everyone else down under a bureaucratic tyranny.

Reminiscent of the legend of 1998 with Scott Harshbarger (who the Police backged and were betrayed along with us), who supposedly met with some other people on a Saturday night in Spencer, Mass and made "the list". Or so the story goes

which story is this. I'm not familiar with it.

Any idea what percentage of those 4 million actually vote? I don't know that number, but I'm guessing about half.
Usually significantly less. This year's "historic" primary had a turnout of 1,836,075 (<45%). 400K gun owners would be a significant, but not overwhelming voting block.

Usually significantly less. This year's "historic" primary had a turnout of 1,836,075 (<45%). 400K gun owners would be a significant, but not overwhelming voting block.

400K gun owners, plus the subset of conservatives, libertarians, and light blue liberals that care about individual rights. If we can get this off of a guns-centric footing and wake those people up to the real implications of what has happened here, we'd have a real bloc to be reckoned with.

Shoot. I thought I was 1 in 20. More like 1 in 10. We are a minority and we demand to be heard!

GORM? Gun Owners' Rights Matter?

I agree, and some of the Globe article comments about us as a group in general have really woken me up on this. The greater Boston area gets to decide what's best for the entire state? I like the idea of driving through all these politicians neighborhoods. SLOWLY dressed in suits.

Been that way for as log as I can remember. We are just a revenue source.

Bob

Len, not that the time involved is attractive, but I would think the FFLs could be seen as having "something to lose" and thus have standing? Overall seems like there must be legal avenues without the need for patriots (sacrificial lambs).

I expect we'll hear from GOAL within a day or so.

As far as the legislature, we are already forgotten, they kicked the can down the road and will NOT address this now or ever, just like in 1998 . . . totally gutless.

It's over legislatively. After today, all it takes is ONE LEGISLATOR to object to a proposed bill and it is DEAD, those are the rules and were part of my discussion with my state rep (personally known to me for almost 40 yrs) and his aide (that I've also known for probably close to 20 yrs) . . . it's not that they don't agree with me but they laid out the problem if nothing passed as of today.

I doubt that you'd get 100K MA LTC holders who really care about this. Sadly I'm serious and that is based on 18 yrs served as legislative chairman and GOAL club rep for 3 clubs. The majority really don't give a hoot and don't come to club meetings, may use the range once or twice a year and that is it.

Len, not that the time involved is attractive, but I would think the FFLs could be seen as having "something to lose" and thus have standing? Overall seems like there must be legal avenues without the need for patriots (sacrificial lambs).

I would hope so. I hope they are working out a strategy with all the major orgs in the back room. Totally unwise for them to tip their hand before filing a suit, so we'll just have to be patient. A wrong turn in litigation could screw us royally, a lot worse than we are now.

I would hope so. I hope they are working out a strategy with all the major orgs in the back room. Totally unwise for them to tip their hand before filing a suit, so we'll just have to be patient. A wrong turn in litigation could screw us royally, a lot worse than we are now.

Hard to imagine worse. Is basically Australian gun control light.

It is mind boggling to me that such a dramatic gun ban can be jammed down our throats and there was not a single thing we could do about it.

I wrote letters, emailed, and telephoned till I was blue in the face( like others here) and was just ignored.

Equally as disappointing is th fact that I spoke with eight other gun owners and only one sent emails. Maybe not having access to magazine fed semi autos will get their attention.

My thanks to all who fought the good fight.

Bob

I understand and agree and that is what scares the bejeezus out of me.

Hard to imagine worse. Is basically Australian gun control light.

It is mind boggling to me that such a dramatic gun ban can be jammed down our throats and there was not a single thing we could do about it.

I wrote letters, emailed, and telephoned till I was blue in the face( like others here) and was just ignored.

Equally as disappointing is th fact that I spoke with eight other gun owners and only one sent emails. Maybe not having access to magazine fed semi autos will get their attention.

My thanks to all who fought the good fight.

Bob

Fight's not over yet. It's only just begun. Getting legislation through this weekend was always a long shot with little chance of success, particularly in this state. DeLeo, Rosenberg, Healy, and their cohort have no interest in what we have to say, and I don't think it was really expected that they would.

No, the fight's not over, we have to adapt to a new plan.

Back
Top Bottom