GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

This ^^^
Let them know this is the single most important item to keep your family from jeopardy and no other bill should be put forward until Sen. Tarrs bill on the Right to Due Process is brought to a vote beforehand. Not Uber, not mbta, not budget.

Gov Bakers political career is done IMO

Unfortunately, governor Baker is the most popular governor in history. Remember, we are an echo chamber. We represent the minority in MA. People all over the state are thrilled about this. If the AG unilaterally declared guns illegal and even if the the legislature objected, the majority of the people in the state would not object, nor would they to door to door confiscation. They would be THRILLED.

Mike

People all over the state are thrilled about this.

I am not so sure about this.
I don't think many people are aware of the real issue because of the slanted media.
People don't like to be told they now cannot have it. I know 2 people just today that were mad they now could not get an AR they were saving for. Even 22s.

I don't think many people are aware of the real issue because of the slanted media.
People don't like to be told they now cannot have it. I know 2 people just today that were mad they now could not get an AR they were saving for. Even 22s.

Alot of the people i come across (no necessarily antis but uneducated neutrals) just read a quick snipet from the news and i get the "well i agree automatic weapons shouldnt be on our streets anyways" the people who are not morons or anti's i can usually change by pointing out the facts of the situation. But unfortunately we are living in a world of "read a headline and i am now fully educated on a subject"

Yeah, unfortunately you're still talking to gun people. The vast majority of people in this state are not gun owners and don't care about guns or are the ones I know who have been sharing Healey's Globe piece around with the comment "and now from the good news department....." I have relatives who should know better who have said this is a good thing she's "taking machine guns off the streets" and wish other states would follow her lead.

Ugh - and its already in committee.

DateBranchAction
7/30/2016SenateReferred to the committee on Rules of the two branches, acting concurrently

7/30/2016 Senate Referred to the committee on Rules of the two branches, acting concurrently

Holding the bill at full committee level means one of two things: either the bill will be acted on quickly or it is being suppressed and will die from neglect.

This is one of the stages where things can get tricky. A committee isn't required to act on measures referred to it; neither is a subcommittee. It only takes one subcommittee or committee to trip up a bill's progress, and it can happen without any visible activity. For example, if the leadership decides the bill does not fit within its overall agenda, a decision not to act will "kill" the bill just as effectively as a vote against it. The only way for a member to get the bill out of the committee should this happen is to use a discharge petition.

So, who on this committee can and WILL do the "discharge petition"?

It's likely that every bill goes through the joint rules committee. If it gets referred to the public safety or other substantive committee, that's when I will start to worry the fix is in.

Isn't the Public Safety Committee on our side?

Rush's office said Timilty is trying to attach this to another bill to force a vote. He's fighting the good fight, we have to too.

There we go, at least SOMEONE is doing something. What happened to the filibuster idea?

I was just informed by my rep's secretary that DeLeo has stated that they will not hear any bills regarding the AG's actions this session due to "time constraints". Was told by one of DeLeo's secretary's that they're going to "wait and see what the courts rule". Great, so someone has to risk it all to be a test case?? Absolutely insane.

There were no "time constraints" on imposing this load of horse hockey on us, was there? It is this TIMING which is a large part of the issue!!!!

Call his office an remind them this is NOT a gun debate. This is about the role of branches of government and the Rule of Law.

"It isn't illegal to be illegal in Massachusetts."

so then all should demand no new other business should take presceden e until this issue is settled satisfactorily.

Again, filibuster? Insertion of various gun language into all other bills? Where the heck are the PRO senators and representatives? Time to get CREATIVE, people!

Gonna be a long road, but yeah. Time to shift to campaign mode and to start campaigning against all the ones who came out in support of Healey's actions.

And also against the ones who we thought were favorable, but failed to act.

They will go to their house parties after and laugh about all the "gun nuts" begging for the repeal of the decree.

A senator or representative was in the bathroom, and I said to my kid "Let's go home and hit the pool". Senator said "Can I come?". I said "Yeah, if you can stop the AG. If you do that, you can sleep over and I'll buy you beer for the afternoon as well.". He laughed and agreed.

We need to keep pressure on the reps that sent clarification letter to AGO on July 28th. They must make AGO respond. If the AG doesn't respond, we hammer again that she has no problem legislating and answers to no one.

Yes, this still happened, and needs a response despite what else might happen. Can't let them off the hook.

From Statehouse News Service
From Statehouse News Service
Baker vetoed the bill this week, and filed an alternative compromise bill that he said would ultimately guarantee coverage of "clinically proven treatments" of the tick-borne disease after a review by MassHealth

So, could he "file an alternative bill" to Tarr's, and put it on the floor for a vote? THIS might be something to give him a chance at another term.

Last edited:
Approaching this from a due process/separation of powers perspective wins over more neutral. As soon as you say gun they tune out.

It was pretty telling that a bunch of people in t shirts sporting don't tread on me regalia were standing outside a reps office I went to visit. I was dressed in khakis,and a polo and the aide saw me and asked what I needed. Told him I was there to see if my rep had a few minutes and he went to check.

We were all there for the same thing but got two different reactions. Hammer them on the abuse of power and due process seems to be the best way to garner support, whether it's now or in the future.

Last edited:
Alot of the people i come across (no necessarily antis but uneducated neutrals) just read a quick snipet from the news and i get the "well i agree automatic weapons shouldnt be on our streets anyways" the people who are not morons or anti's i can usually change by pointing out the facts of the situation. But unfortunately we are living in a world of "read a headline and i am now fully educated on a subject"

Which is why it is so important we meet this with facts and polite discussion so there are no more Boston Globe articles on how we are all homophobic misogynists.

Which is why it is so important we meet this with facts and polite discussion so there are no more Boston Globe articles on how we are all homophobic misogynists.
Lol without any harsh comments made, they all look at gun owners at scumbag primitive baby killer heathens.

**** Healey. She's a vile human being who is putting up 300,000 lives on the chopping block to further her career. She deserves whatever blowback she gets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Would the author of that column ever mine the internet for any of the reprehensible shit that her progressive darlings post?

Yeah/no.

That piece was classic agitprop. If those quotes didn't exist she would have just made them up.

Progressives will NEVER allow gun owners to be seen in a sane, logical, or sympathetic light--because rugged individualism and self-sufficiency (not to mention the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution) stands directly in the path of their agenda.

You think they keep getting it wrong because they just don't understand "the facts".

No. They keep getting it totally wrong because misrepresenting the facts furthers their agenda.

Their real goal is the destruction of "The Patriarchy"--guns and "white male power" are just a couple components in that plan of attack.

Lastly--the narcissistic delusion of the 4th Estate (or at least it WAS, once upon a time, before they became propaganda agents for liberal progressivism) is that they use their printing presses to protect "We The People".

How's that for a joke?

A totalitarian decree menaces hundreds of thousands of the most honest, productive, and law-abiding citizens in the commonwealth with a penalty of ten years in a Gulag and the loss of our voting rights--and THIS silly bitch writes an article about the nasty things "the People" said about the Commissar.

She ought to be embarrassed.

I'm going to reach out to my rep and senator again. Should I be emailing DeLeos office? Anyone else specifically?

Joint Committee on Rules

If that is where the bill now resides, here is the Committee membership:

https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J40

Tarr and Humason's bills are both listed if you click on the 'Bills in Comitee' tab. So what next? Do we focus on calling these Comitee members? Who is really controlling whether this thing dies here or gets out of this Comitee?

Tarr and Humason's bills are both listed if you click on the 'Bills in Comitee' tab. So what next? Do we focus on calling these Comitee members? Who is really controlling whether this thing dies here or gets out of this Comitee?

Call the Committee and call the leadership. We would have to convince the Committee to vote this out with a recommendation for the legislature to pass the bill. More importantly, leadership (DeLeo, Rosenberg) determine what bills will even come up for a vote. Light up the phones, people.

I don't support a bill that expands the Mass AWB to make the Healy-Ban permanent, and as far as I can tell, that's what this is.
We need to continue to fight to get this AWB removed completely. To remove that authority from the AG is a good start.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

They are in session again today.
Light it up.

Deleo

617-722-2500

Rosenberg

617-722-1500

They are denying 300 thousand people the right to due process under the law.
Make them stand and answer for it.

Lol without any harsh comments made, they all look at gun owners at scumbag primitive baby killer heathens.

**** Healey. She's a vile human being who is putting up 300,000 lives on the chopping block to further her career. She deserves whatever blowback she gets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

^THAT

Call the Committee and call the leadership. We would have to convince the Committee to vote this out with a recommendation for the legislature to pass the bill. More importantly, leadership (DeLeo, Rosenberg) determine what bills will even come up for a vote. Light up the phones, people.

Textbooks and registering double telephone poles are obviously of greater importance than Due Process.

http://www.masslive.com/politics/in...s_reach_1.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index
A conference committee report (H 4565), signed by all six members was filed in the House clerk's office Saturday afternoon and will likely emerge for floor votes in the House and Senate on Sunday.

The House conferees were Reps. Ronald Mariano, Paul Donato and David Vieira. The Senate conferees were Barbara L'Italien, Michael Rodrigues and Patrick O'Connor.
Among the many provisions in the bill are an initiative aimed at bringing down the costs of textbooks in K-12 and public higher education, a required report from telephone and distribution companies on double poles, and numerous sections aimed at streamlining municipal government procurement and operations.

They are in session again today.
Light it up.

Deleo

617-722-2500

Rosenberg

617-722-1500

They are denying 300 thousand people the right to due process under the law.
Make them stand and answer for it.

They're terrified. The Globe is going to paint them as 'owned by the NRA' if the let this come up for a vote. Kiss of death for a liberal in MA.

Keep calling though there is a chance. At the very least we can let them know this isn't going to blow over. Winter is Coming whether they want it or not. They're going to have to face this issue.

Tarr's bill now has a number assigned SD.2644.

To clarify, when I call DeLeo & Rosenberg, I am calling to urge them to bring these acts up for a vote?

Back
Top Bottom