GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

I dragged my but in yesterday with 3 other gun people, when we needed bodies to try and impress our point on these people. My question to the general members from MA here. What was so important you couldn't show up to fight for our rights ? I gave up commitments both weekends so far, we need more participation. You know who you are.

Knowing these people, they probably weren't even in the office yet when you guys called.

Give it another 30-60 minutes and then light up the lines.

They're terrified. The Globe is going to paint them as 'owned by the NRA' if the let this come up for a vote. Kiss of death for a liberal in MA.

Keep calling though there is a chance. At the very least we can let them know this isn't going to blow over. Winter is Coming whether they want it or not. They're going to have to face this issue.

Not reallly. A lot are running unopposed this fall if they are up for reelection. MA is 100% Dem. A waste of time and efforted as a R with a 10% chance.

Not reallly. A lot are running unopposed this fall if they are up for reelection. MA is 100% Dem. A waste of time and efforted as a R with a 10% chance.

A candidate is better off running as a Dbag and then voting their conscience in this state. Not sure how long you would lay but...

I was watching FOX this morning and they are saying that DeLeo will not let this come up for a vote and that the courts need to settle the matter. If that is true then we will need a Gun shop or private citizen who cannot purchase an AR-15 to file suit so someone has standing.

All,

I used 2 posts from NES and emailed everyone I know with a permit or otherwise with the below message. I've not made any Boston rallies but have been busy contacting whoever is relevant and passing along info via email, so I'm doing my thing in other ways.. My green highlights for phone numbers don't show up here as in my email.

I did take a Vacation day and attended Rep. Naughtons' tour a few years back in Worcester, and would probably do so again if that kind of thing comes up. He's a decent guy from what I've seen.

Here's what I emailed. I'm calling FOUR numbers tomorrow (2nd time for DeLeo and Rosenberg).

I blind copied everyone so as not to bomb anyone with chain emails. Do what YOU want when you forward to whom you think should get this. If you are my friend, you are in this email.

Please call these DeLeo and Rosenberg during business hours and voice your support for the 2 bills to move forward in the legislative process (in green down below in this emai).

Bruce Tarr’s Bill - SD 2644

Donald Humanson - SD 2637

My local rep is Jenn Flanigan who has already signed onto Bruce Tarr’s Bill, I don’t know if she signed onto Don Humanson’s bill, and feel free to email her if she is your Rep only! as well……………. [email protected]

Or call her at:

District office – 978-534-3388

State House – 617-722-1230

These are cut and pastes from 2 posters at www.northeastshooters.com in the General Forum section

Post # 1.

They are in session again today.
Light it up.

Deleo

617-722-2500

Rosenberg

617-722-1500

They are denying 300 thousand people the right to due process under the law.
Make them stand and answer for it.

Call to voice your support as a responsible, voting, licensed citizen for:

Just state your name and town and endorse the 2 bills below to be put forth for the legislature to vote on………………….. Please forward to every gun owner you know and have THEM call also. Be polite and short. If you are LEO, good to let them know you are standing with us. If you get a VM prompt for either one of these guys to press 0 or hold the line, DEFINITELY press 0, otherwise I believe you might get cut off. I had to call Rosenberg’s number back and press 0

Another post: Tarr and Humason's bills are both listed if you click on the 'Bills in Comitee' tab. So what next? Do we focus on calling these Comitee members? Who is really controlling whether this thing dies here or gets out of this Comitee?

Call the Committee and call the leadership. We would have to convince the Committee to vote this out with a recommendation for the legislature to pass the bill. More importantly, leadership (DeLeo, Rosenberg) determine what bills will even come up for a vote. Light up the phones, people.

More info: Here is the link showing what bills are “in committee”.

https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J40 (copy and paste this link into your browser window) You can click the “Bills in Committee” Tab to see Tarr and Humanson bills by number.

Committee Contact Info

Senate Information

Room 312-C

State House

Boston, MA 02133

Tel:(617) 722-1440

House Information

Room 166

State House

Boston, MA 02133

Tel:(617) 722-2692 I just now on Sunday morning tried the Committee Contact numbers and no one is there. Please call them during business hours

This is the latest info that I’ve seen to date. I called DeLeo and Rosenberg yesterday. I got a live aide for DeLeo who was very nice and VM for Rosenberg. However I’m going to call back and mention both bills by NUMBER to DeLeo and Rosenberg tomorrow.

Bruce Tarr’s Bill - SD 2644

Donald Humanson - SD 2637

All voicemails. Like pissin in the wind.

Ask them how many tallys for citizens in support of bringing SD.2644 to the bill vs any other business.
Might as well ban Uber while there at it.

The System is rigged. Donald Trump 2016

Lol without any harsh comments made, they all look at gun owners at scumbag primitive baby killer heathens.

**** Healey. She's a vile human being who is putting up 300,000 lives on the chopping block to further her career. She deserves whatever blowback she gets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yep. Let's take a page from their game plan and ridicule anti-gunners, demonize them. It sure seems to work for the libs.

Yep. Let's take a page from their game plan and ridicule anti-gunners, demonize them. It sure seems to work for the libs.
I've never said anything about Healey's gender/sexuality etc and through all the posts I've read thru here, I can't remember anyone else doing the same.

I have called her a vile narcissistic bully because she is and I will not stop calling her one even if she is diagnosed with cancer.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Called Rosenberg and DeLeo ... Said I was 1 in 20 and that I feel persecuted.

Edit to add: I also said that the only person exploiting loopholes was the AG .. to pass law without going through the expected channels

Last edited:
And there's a little over 4,000,000 registered voters in this state. Assuming all 400,000 LTC holders vote for a 2A candidate it isn't going to change the political tides much.

A solid block of 400k is nothing to sneeze at. Remember that not nearly 100% of voters turn out for elections. And there are others besides LTC holders who are sympathetic to personal rights issues. There are thousands of potential allies out there, if we can tap them.

And there's a little over 4,000,000 registered voters in this state. Assuming all 400,000 LTC holders vote for a 2A candidate it isn't going to change the political tides much.

Less than 4% of people identify as LGBT. Just saying.

They are in session again today.
Light it up.

Deleo

617-722-2500

Rosenberg

617-722-1500

They are denying 300 thousand people the right to due process under the law.
Make them stand and answer for it.

First number, a woman answered. They are STILL in session. She could not say whether it would be voted on or not. She said they have gotten a LOT of calls, and would let him know I called.

Second number goes into voicemail, but just a generic mailbox, and no option to leave a message.

First number, a woman answered. They are STILL in session. She could not say whether it would be voted on or not. She said they have gotten a LOT of calls, and would let him know I called.

Second number goes into voicemail, but just a generic mailbox, and no option to leave a message.

Give Rosenberg's office a call, I just was able to speak with someone.

Got through on both lines and shared my feelings about the bill with the aids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am now convinced that the whole plan was orchestrated and carried out by the Democratic leadership in Mass., and in D.C. The timing was in coordination with the Democratic convention, and all of the blocking with "Let the Courts Decide"is designed to deny any legislative push back AND be the test case to copy this in other states.

The really sad part is that a few people can decide for thousands - I thought Democracy allowed everyone a voice.....but I guess it it now only a few voices.

In my 60+ years in Mass., this is probably the biggest disappointment I have ever had. Difficult to verbalize how this feels.

I am now convinced that the whole plan was orchestrated and carried out by the Democratic leadership in Mass., and in D.C. The timing was in coordination with the Democratic convention, and all of the blocking with "Let the Courts Decide"is designed to deny any legislative push back AND be the test case to copy this in other states.

The really sad part is that a few people can decide for thousands - I thought Democracy allowed everyone a voice.....but I guess it it now only a few voices.

In my 60+ years in Mass., this is probably the biggest disappointment I have ever had. Difficult to verbalize how this feels.

Dido

And Baker is complicent. The AGO threw him under the bus publicly.
He betrayed his own representation. A true redcoat.
Shame!

After hearing from GOAL that they really truly do not want us to continue to harass the legislative aides, I settled on sending out a pointed Email to all the leadership and my sen/rep.

Here's a part of it that I hope stings some of them assuming they have any conscience at all.

By “kicking the can down the road”, that lack of action makes the leadership complicit with the AG to reduce a couple of hundred thousand lawful gun owners to felons, just waiting to get arrested, prosecuted and convicted of an alleged crime that was perfectly legal (and documented as such by the ATF’s Technical Branch during the Federal AWB) during the Federal Ban which is identical to the current Mass. AWB!
  • You are condemning numerous law abiding gun owners to a felony conviction and potential 10 year state prison sentences, loss of all their savings, their jobs, their homes, their families and Federal Prohibited Person status for life . . . and just maybe they will prevail in court years later and not have to serve their entire sentence!
  • A case like this has to be brought to court by someone with legal standing (generally someone convicted of the “crime”), GOAL was dismissed back ~1999 as lacking standing when they challenged the AG on the CMR and their charter is restricted to lobbying and legislative action, not lawsuits.
  • As a Constable and as a person with considerable expertise in Mass. gun laws I regularly serve lawsuits that were filed years earlier and testified as an expert witness in a criminal case (firearms charges) last year where the initial arrest and charges were filed ~18 months prior to the defendant’s day in court! It will take years in court before a case like this would be adjudicated. In general we could expect no results for 2 to 5 years, meanwhile the innocent gun owners could be rotting in state prison that long looking for justice . . . all because the legislature refused to act.

"After hearing from GOAL that they really truly do not want us to continue to harass the legislative aides, I settled on sending out a pointed Email to all the leadership and my sen/rep."
Clarify? Goal doesn't want us contacting anymore or the legislature doesn't?

"After hearing from GOAL that they really truly do not want us to continue to harass the legislative aides, I settled on sending out a pointed Email to all the leadership and my sen/rep."
Clarify? Goal doesn't want us contacting anymore or the legislature doesn't?

GOAL, according to Mike S, Jim made the request. I've been in Email contact numerous times today with Mike.

Back
Top Bottom