GOAL Alert - Senator Tarr's "Act to Protect Due Process" Focus Efforts On This Bill!

We need to consider a coordinated effort to keep those opposed fighting for thier offices as they come up for reelection. This is probably not something that GOAL should be involved in because they need to work with these people. And it would be a fast way to sour thier relationships.

No anti should ever run unopposed. And those who actively target our rights should also be opposed politically at every turn.

The question is, can we find even one or two candidates in key spots to run against some of these folks at this late date? I'll be honest, I'm so annoyed right now that I'd vote for someone even more anti-2A than my current representatives just to cost those guys their jobs for not responding to this.

Dunno man, I was there and I'm sitting in the gallery per goal instructions. Cant say the turnout was stellar.

What gallery? I walked around the place getting lost a bunch of times and never came across a gallery. Signed petition in senate pres office.
There were way more than 100 of us there. And the NRA actually sent a body.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20160730_163057.jpg
    ForumRunner_20160730_163057.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
What gallery? I walked around the place getting lost a bunch of times and never came across a gallery. Signed petition in senate pres office.

Nice to meet you today.

First time I've been inside the State House--but it won't be the last.

Last edited:
Just called Rosenberg's office; the aide D.J. blamed Speaker DeLeo for our woes and pretty much blew me off. I pushed for him to record my name/address and score me in the "Pro-Tarr bill" box.
Then called DeLeo's office and spoke with Sophia. She knew nothing of the "Blocking the vote" issue because the speaker has been in session all day. Both aides thanked me for my military service and twenty-fours years in law enforcement. I told them I'd rather they thank me by preserving the democracy we swore to defend...........Waste of breath I'm afraid.
[frown]

What gallery? I walked around the place getting lost a bunch of times and never came across a gallery. Signed petition in senate pres office. Coyote33 was the doorman.

Hit both the senate and house on the 4th flor.

For anyone who's nervous or uncomfortable on the phone, this is a very easy call to make. The Speaker's aide answers the phone. You don't need to make a speech if you're not comfortable doing so. You can just say a sentence like, "I am pro-Tarr bill and want the speaker to bring it to the floor this session." You are asked if you want to leave your name (you don't have to, but I'm sure it helps). You are asked where you're calling from (e.g. town). You are thanked. That's all there is to it.

I made the rounds at the State House today, everyone gave me very positive feedback, let's hope senate leadership gets it to the floor.

Welcome back Mike. I thought I might have seen you when I was heading down to Rep. Hogan's office.

Thanks.

Everyone, please light up their phone lines and do not let up.

Call Senator Rosenberg - ask that he get Tarr's bill to the floor
Call you state senator - ask that he/she speaks to Sen. Rosenberg about taking action on this.

lol... none of this is surprising. The only thing that has changed is that they will now have to catch me-

The upskirting scandal was SO egregious they addressed that in 18 hours... a usurpation of power by a single politically motivated tyrant and infringement of the second amendment of the United States is "too heady" to address in a timely fashion and requires years in court..

Hey Maura: Bring a warrant.
No warrant needed. Database says you own one = probable cause

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Everyone, please light up their phone lines and do not let up.

Call Senator Rosenberg - ask that he get Tarr's bill to the floor

I just called his office, left my name. The aide thanked me and said
"we are working on that"
(his words). Not sure if it I am overly optimistic by these words, but...who knows.

No warrant needed. Database says you own one = probable cause

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

database says I USED to own one...

My shit's wired pretty tight. I'm coming up on 52yo... have a speeding ticket from '81, pretty sure it was for 36mph in a 30...

come and find it.

Last edited:
I was at the State House from noon till 2, excellent turnout, lots of us purposefully striding the halls, making the rounds of legislators' offices. There were lines of us spilling out from the Senate President's and House Speaker's offices. Both offices had a staff person greeting us, and sign-in tablets on which they invited us to register. In the Senate President's office, I remarked to a young staffer that the line was so long, it looked like they were giving away free ammo. She didn't see the humor. The Governor's office was closed when I stopped by. Here are two of our personable folks who camped out near the entrance.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GOAL State House legislator visits 7-30-16.jpg
    GOAL State House legislator visits 7-30-16.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
From GOAL
***Alert***
We have confirmed that no emergency legislation will come to the floor before the end of session. Obviously this is horrible news.

First off, thank you to everyone who have expended so much energy and used so much time standing with us in an effort to curb the abusive actions of A.G. Healey.

Second, this is far from over. We are already regrouping and planning the next move(s). This is not going to be quickly remedied, it's going to take more effort than we've ever expended but we WILL get this done. As always we will count on your help to make that happen.

As Samuel Adams said, "It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."

And prevail we will.

Thank you again to all for the support and stand by for the next steps.

GOAL

From GOAL

Although I believe it is likely true, how can it be "confirmed" at this point before the session is actually over?

It just seems like this statement tells everyone to stop doing anything for now, which seems premature until the session is actually over.

Welcome to MA where only moonbat causes are relevant. Honestly I'm hoping Trump wins, we get pro-2A justices on the Supreme Court, and Clarence Thomas is able to rectify the issue he saw regarding AR's. Wouldn't that be some sweet comeuppance?

Although I believe it is likely true, how can it be "confirmed" at this point before the session is actually over?

It just seems like this statement tells everyone to stop doing anything for now, which seems premature until the session is actually over.

From Statehouse News Service
DeLeo did rule out taking action to address Attorney General Maura Healey's administrative action to crack down on the sale of what she has described as copycat assault weapons that have slipped by the thousands through a loophole in the state's 18-year-old assault weapons ban.

Gun rights activists have been stepping up the pressure for the Legislature to block Healey's enforcement actions and many lawmakers have written to the state's top prosecutor requesting clarity or questioning her authority. Senate Minority Leader Bruce Tarr on Friday filed legislation that would strip Healey of her authority to regulate gun sales, leaving that task to the Legislature.

DeLeo said he told the members about a letter Judiciary Committee Co-Chairman Rep. John Fernandes wrote to Healey this week seeking additional information on how her interpretation of the law will be enforced and asking her to point to where in statute or the constitution she derived her authority to act.

"No, I don't believe that we'll be taking any action in the House. Members have strong feelings on both sides of the issue and first of all, there's no possible way that we could have an issue such as a gun debate be debated and acted upon within two days," DeLeo said.

DeLeo said he needs to do more reading before forming an opinion himself on Healey's authority to reinterpret the assault weapons ban.

"My feeling is ultimately I believe that there is going to be someone, probably the Gun Owners Action League if no one else, who is going to take this to court and probably ultimately it will be the courts who decides as to whether she had that authority," DeLeo said.

While the House plans to resume votes overriding many of the governor's budget vetoes on Saturday, DeLeo said he hasn't made a decision on Baker's veto of an outside section that would have mandated health insurance coverage for long-term antibiotic treatment of chronic Lyme disease, a controversial method of treatment that has not been universally accepted in the medical community.

Baker vetoed the bill this week, and filed an alternative compromise bill that he said would ultimately guarantee coverage of "clinically proven treatments" of the tick-borne disease after a review by MassHealth.

DeLeo said he plans to speak with lawmakers on both sides of the issue this weekend before deciding whether to pursue a straight override of the governor's veto or to consider the governor's alternative legislation.

"My feeling is ultimately I believe that there is going to be someone, probably the Gun Owners Action League if no one else, who is going to take this to court and probably ultimately it will be the courts who decides as to whether she had that authority," DeLeo said.

DeLeo = fail

-when was the last time GOAL took anything to court? at least get your information straight DeLeo.
-he is stalling and just doing a favor for his pal Healey
-the biggest failure in the constitution is that there's no penalty for drafting, enforcing or inventing unconstitutional laws. these goons can just do whatever they want and "let the courts figure it out". their legal payroll is covered by the taxpayers. such bullshit.

I met with Representative Jeffrey Roy today. I again appreciate his time to discuss his stance on the current AG actions.

Key points

- Current LTC holder and GOAL member
- Supports the rights of gun owners
- In support of Senator Tarr's Bill
- Signed Representative Fernande's letter of clarification to the AG

He has been working diligently to support our rights and due process and I have confidence he will continue to work hard as this issue continues into 2017.

I met with my Rep. Timothy R. Whelan.
He is on our side. That did not surprise me.
He was a great real person. What a nice decent guy!

Hey, I learned a lot today about the State House and where everything gets done.

My son got to see where our laws are made and the building was cool to see how big it is.

I left some letters with other reps. that Whelan mentioned and over all it was a great experience!

Who knew politics could be fun and you actually learn something!

Last edited:
For anyone who's nervous or uncomfortable on the phone, this is a very easy call to make. The Speaker's aide answers the phone. You don't need to make a speech if you're not comfortable doing so. You can just say a sentence like, "I am pro-Tarr bill and want the speaker to bring it to the floor this session." You are asked if you want to leave your name (you don't have to, but I'm sure it helps). You are asked where you're calling from (e.g. town). You are thanked. That's all there is to it.

This ^^^
Let them know this is the single most important item to keep your family from jeopardy and no other bill should be put forward until Sen. Tarrs bill on the Right to Due Process is brought to a vote beforehand. Not Uber, not mbta, not budget.

Gov Bakers political career is done IMO

Back
Top Bottom