• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOA is opposing Bill Barr's nomination as AG

I'd like to think that Bill Barr has learned a lot in 28 years.
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,
and I don't think gun control will be high on his list...

This is quote from testimony:
On guns, Barr called the epidemic of mass shootings “the problem of our time” and urged improvements to state laws that would help authorities detect people with mental illnesses and prevent them from possessing firearms.

Barr acknowledged that the current background check system for firearms is “sort of piecemeal” and called for states to pass more red-flag laws, which would allow guns to be temporarily seized from those people deemed a threat. Such laws would help supplement background checks to ensure people with mental illnesses could not obtain a gun, Barr said.

“This is the single most important thing I think we can do in the gun-control area to stop these massacres from happening in the first place,” Barr said.

"Gun Control? ERPO ERPO! Quack Quack! It's the new thing, all the kids are doing it. "

And a bunch of pole smoking, nipplehead retard jingoservatives that probably have NRA cards support that bullshit, too. That's whats so f***ing dangerous about it. It's easy to see how "joe averageperson gun owner" could be conned into thinking that its some kind of a good idea, when basically in reality it's the next version of legal cancer for gun owners.

Also anyone who thinks that "mass shootings" are a "huge problem" in this country is being willfully blind. Maybe he should go hang out at some hospitals in Chicago for a couple weeks.... oh wait, that shit doesn't matter, those are just a bunch of mostly brown people getting shot..... At a bare minimum its quite obvious this guy watches too much television or something. "The problem of our time"? I think I lost 10 IQ points just by reading that quote. What kind of shit is he smoking? How about we start that half the homes with kids in them these days only have one f***ing parent in the house? Or that the government pays people to pump out children that have no business doing so? Or that the public schools are so f***ed up that like 60% of them are basically mainlining pure communist horseshit directly into the brains of these kids.... ? Or that shitloads of people are running around shooting up H (and overdosing and dying) because the government f***ed up the legal opiate market in america... Oh wait, none of that is important, it's not sensationalist enough.

-Mike

I can't tell whether his comment about mass shootings is good or bad. He either supports ERPO or he's basically saying "mass shootings are a big problem... but it's a mental health issue and not a gun one".

In case some of you that missed my post in the other Barr thread, he also stated that "there's reasonable room for regulation on firearms laws.".

This might be why Sen. Diane Frankenstein stated today that Barr has an easy road to confirmation. Barr also alluded to the fact that his stance on gun control changed "post-Heller" and that the focus should now be on mental health and erpo laws. However, reading his exact words doesn't imply any confidence in what he stated since he said "there's reasonable room for regulation on firearms laws":

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ef28312c8b9_story.html?utm_term=.3d161bdd04e3

Urge Senators to Grill William Barr On Gun Rights

Spare me, the AG doesn't write legislation. Do you really think The President wants to go after us? Barr's a safe pick for Trump.
Yeah, there's a lot of things they're not supposed to do. Like violate their oaths to uphold the COTUS but yet they still do it.

I'd add that healy doesn't write legislation either yet look what she got away with.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that the Senate will confirm anyone that is not part of the RINO establishment and therefore against our 2A rights. They gave Trump a list of people that would be acceptable and confirmable. That's how it works. The guy may screw Trump and he will certainly screw gun owners.

Spare me, the AG doesn't write legislation. Do you really think The President wants to go after us? Barr's a safe pick for Trump.

The AG is the effing ATF's director's boss.... he has a serious amount of influence on how the ATF conducts itself.

"Safe" in political terms usually = sucking for swamp creatures.... thought he was supposed to be draining it?

-Mike

Trump loses the votes of many gun owners over this. I know I won’t vote for his re-election if this asshat gets in. Heck I’d be better off with Bernie or the like. Have my kids take out a shotload of school loans knowing they will be paid off etc.

In the last 30 or so years we have seen the feds oppress our rights to own a certain type of ordinary firearm.
Banning a magazine with over a ten round capacity.
We have seen our state do away with one type of permit and install a new harder to get one.
They have limited our availability to purchase ammunition for said firearms.
The politically or LEO connected people getting rights to carry a firearm when the average citizen does not.
LEO having more firearm related rights than those of the everyday citizen.
ERPO's being instituted without any due process.
The BATFE is now a puppet to the president and does whatever the will of the moment is.

The 1934 National Firearms Act was put in place by the feds in response to organized crime violence.
The 1968 Gun Control Act was put in place to keep African Americans and Hispanics from owning firearms.
The Firearm Owners Protection Act gave some protections to firearm owners. While stripping away many others..

Look at what Germany's politicians did to the Jewish people in the 1930's and 1940's and tell me where the United States conservative firearm owner is now?
How many laws are we away from it happening again?
This time it will be your rights or the right to prison!

We know of two ethnic groups those in office want restricted access to firearms.

What happens if Trump looses the next election and they go all in?
Or if Trump sells out our firearm rights in order to stay in office?

Politicians, law enforcement, state and federal judges have been imprisoning and or murdering their own people since the beginning of time to advance or remain in office.
Why would anyone think ours are above it?

Firearm owners have no say in these unconstitutional laws the politicians impose.
The NRA, GOA, GOAL and COM2A are nothing more than speed bumps in their road to removing all firearm ownership by law abiding citizens.

They are but one more murderous shooting away from ending our rights..
It's not about safety, they are letting criminals run free to take away our rights!

Last edited:
Have my kids take out a shotload of school loans knowing they will be paid off etc.

'Free College' means going from maybe spending years paying off your personal loans, that one had a choice to take, to a lifetime of taxes to pay for everyone else's loans with no choice under the force of government.

Back
Top Bottom