• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Go to optics here on nes

mac1911

NES Member
Do we have a go to "optics" dealer here on NES
Im looking for some spotting scope accessories and other "optics" related items.

Looking for a eye piece for a Celestron Regal spotting scope to start with.

Last edited:
Dunno if any would really stand out. Optics Planet? Seems like their service has been sketchy lately. I wouldn't mind a milrad reticle for my spotting scope if such an animal exists.

Don’t know anyone off hand but I’d recommend staying away from Optics Planet. There site says they have what you want in stock but they really don’t. They order it from the manufacturer right after you order. Many times they have the other party mail it to you directly. Been caught I that circle jerk before. Never again.

Dunno if any would really stand out. Optics Planet? Seems like their service has been sketchy lately. I wouldn't mind a milrad reticle for my spotting scope if such an animal exists.
I know there are ones with ranging reticles, scope specific is key

I usually buy directly from the manufacturer, but that’s usually due to .mil discounts. Primary Arms, Nightforce...

I just used aaoptics.com though. I was referred to them by a Vortex rep. They honor the normal Vortex mil discount and their shipping was super fast. But, they only seem to offer Vortex stuff.

But Europtic seems pretty good.

B&H, swfa over f***stick planet any day of the way.
Wont be using f***stick planet , they where on my boycott list before boycott was a thing on NES.
The problem is im looking for other optical stuff.
Found my 20x60 eye piece for my Spotting scope
B&H had the eyepieces I wanted for my telescope
Seen a few good package deals hear
Especially for the lower tier spender

Last edited:
The problem is everything of out of stock at the usual places. I did buy a T-2 with mount from LaRue yesterday. We’ll see if they actually have it or they opticsplanet’ed me.

I know there are ones with ranging reticles, scope specific is key
Ranging reticles, LOL.

In the late 60's, my father, and his brother-in-law my Uncle Al,
were desperate to get a rangefinder for woodchuck hunting
on fallow farmland in Upstate NY.

But the kind that showed up in catalogs were variations on this:
$_1.JPG

and IIRC went for high two figures. NFW could they afford that.

And then one glorious day they found something like this sweet baby,
for a lot less money:
Digital-Optic-Telescope-Golf-Range-Finder-Scope-Yard.jpg

We saddled up, crossed the East River, and hit the sporting goods store
in New Rochelle or Port Chester or something.
Uncle Al feverishly slapped down his $20, scooped up the rangefinder,
and we careened back to Whitestone to fondle it.

At which point we discovered that it only worked for woodchuck hunting
if the woodchuck had a regulation-height golf flagstick protruding from its burrow.
[rofl2]

I usually buy directly from the manufacturer, but that’s usually due to .mil discounts. Primary Arms, Nightforce...

I just used aaoptics.com though. I was referred to them by a Vortex rep. They honor the normal Vortex mil discount and their shipping was super fast. But, they only seem to offer Vortex stuff.

But Europtic seems pretty good.
AAoptics is good for refurb vortex stuff, he gets new stock in somewhat frequently. Prices are usually fair too

The problem is everything of out of stock at the usual places. I did buy a T-2 with mount from LaRue yesterday. We’ll see if they actually have it or they opticsplanet’ed me.
Well a its a good thing im not looking for a rifle scope

I've had good experiences with (in no particular order) SWFA, Primary Arms, B&H, euro optics and Natchez. Also sample list.com, which is SWFAs site to sell used, demo and closeout stuff. Natchez gets a lot of closeout optics, it's worth being on their email list.

B&H is my “goto” photo/video/optics store. Started buying from them back in 1978. I buy pretty much all my video and photo gear from them and all my Apple Mac stuff. I buy a good deal of optics from them, but I do shop around a bit since they don’t always have the best prices on firearm optics. If you do end up doing a fare amount of business with them and you live in MA it is worth signing up for their Payboo credit card. Using that card they pay your MA sales tax for you, on something like the Steiner 5-25x56 T5Xi I bought it will save you almost $200.

Wont be using f***stick planet , they where on my boycott list before boycott was a thing on NES.
The problem is im looking for other optical stuff.
Found my 20x60 eye piece for my Spotting scope
B&H had the eyepieces I wanted for my telescope
Seen a few good package deals hear
Especially for the lower tier spender
Call Cameraland. Ask for Doug, you can tell him I told you call. He will give you a better price than what's advertised.

His customer service is second to none.

B&H is my “goto” photo/video/optics store. Started buying from them back in 1978. I buy pretty much all my video and photo gear from them and all my Apple Mac stuff. I buy a good deal of optics from them, but I do shop around a bit since they don’t always have the best prices on firearm optics. If you do end up doing a fare amount of business with them and you live in MA it is worth signing up for their Payboo credit card. Using that card they pay your MA sales tax for you, on something like the Steiner 5-25x56 T5Xi I bought it will save you almost $200.
I took a shot and drove over to Hunts , grabbed my Celestron 8-24mm zoom eyepiece. Works nice
I have a Celestron regal M2 with the 27x LER eyepiece which I use for service rifle. Works really good and the eye relief is great.
The 8x24mm or 20x60 zoom eye relief is ok but I was looking for more zoom for other spotting scope fun.
$80 for the lens instead of buying another $500 plus scope was a better option .

You have the Ultima 80?
Looks like that takes 1,25” eye piece?
Celestron does not make one but I see a few that “might” fit.

im not sure if there are adapters but burris has a 30x fixed reticle ?
MSRP #626202: 30x Eyepiece SCR MOA: $275

Last edited:
eBay and Amazon have really bad issues with fakes on all sorts of products, including optics. You should have seen the garbage ACOG my friend got from Amazon. You could tell instantly it wasn't right. They refunded it, but who wants that kind of hassle.

Back
Top Bottom