• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Go to first unread - sometimes?

JJ4

Ever since the forum upgrade I've been having strange behavior when reading threads.

For a thread that I've read before:
- Sometimes I can click on a thread title, and it will bring me to the first unread.
- Sometimes I click on a thread title and it brings me to the first post. Then I have to click the "first unread" button to jump to the first unread post.
- There's always the little blue "new post" indicator that I can click on, but it's small.

It seems the difference is if I've read the thread recently, i.e. within the past week or so. In that case it seems to bring me to the first unread. Otherwise the first post.

Any idea what's going on? I'd like to always have it jump to the first unread.

Mine always goes to first unread (or at least the very top of the most recent page) if I return to a previously visited post. So I'm not really sure what is going on with that. I'm definitely not mad at it though.

I clear individual forums by marking them as read each time I visit this site and read through a forum. The majority of times when I visit a forum next time, it goes to the new posts. Occasionally it will go to the page of the new posts and not the new post(s). Sometimes the screen flips up and down like it's looking for something.

Not a big thing but interesting.

Back
Top Bottom