Go Navy, beat Air Force!

Scapegraces! Low born and unworthy of participating in polite society.

It's fine. I'm equal-opportunity. I like Army even less than Air Force.

I worked with WAY too many West Pointers to want anything good for that school. By contrast, all the Annapolis men I've known were first-rate guys. Air Force?

They're just an afterthought. Lol. But I went to college out in the Rockies, and other than BYU, no school is more universally hated out there than USAFA.

Navy runs aground against Air Force; OC Ivin Jasper fired after loss​

The field at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium was awash with American flags on Saturday as every player on Navy and Air Force sprinted out of the tunnel carrying the red, white and blue. Two Navy players carried the Marine Corps flag and the Navy flag. Halftime featured 135 midshipmen carrying a 65-by-120-foot flag surrounded by spinning red, white and blue stars as “America the Beautiful” was performed by the Navy and Air Force Drum & Bugle Corps. Outside of the venue, an artist drew the flag in the middle of a 9/11 memorial depiction.

The 54th meeting between Navy and Air Force was more than just a typical game between rivals as Saturday was the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Throughout the game, moments were taken to commemorate the deadliest attack on U.S. soil and to remember the 14 Naval Academy graduates and two Air Force graduates who lost their lives. The stands and grassy hill behind the north end zone were filled with an announced 36,997 people, the 10th-largest crowd in stadium history.
The football product was not as elaborate as both teams were offensively challenged in a 23-3 Air Force victory that gave the Falcons back-to-back wins against Navy for the first time since 2010 and 2011. The three points match the fewest Navy has scored in the series against Air Force.

I didn't look for this thread because every year I mention the Commander in Chief's Trophy it flops. [laugh]

USAFA for the win.

Navy has been setting a lot of the wrong type of records. I hope they can figure it out before the Army-Navy game.

AF vs Army. Tied going in to OT.

ETA: Congrats Army.

Looks like Army vs Navy will get some additional hype.

Army played a good game. Service Academy teams always seem to play their best against each other. Inter-service rivalry at it's best.

If Army beats Navy, they get the Commanders Trophy. If Navy wins, it's a three-way tie this year.

I was in the Army. I went to college out in the Rockies[, but I couldn't compete with the West Pointers, so I got out of the Army.] That's why I root against West Point...
Fixed it for you. But for all those West Pointers, you'd be a 4-star. Beat Navy!

I'm not going to joust with you. Thank you for your service - fewer than 1% of our population has served.
The History Department at West Point claims that "the history we teach was made by people we taught."
So there is that.
BEAT NAVY!

I'm not going to joust with you. Thank you for your service - fewer than 1% of our population has served.
The History Department at West Point claims that "the history we teach was made by people we taught."
So there is that.
BEAT NAVY!

The current percentage is actually around 7% down from about 18% in 1980. The drop seems to be consistent with the decline in military authorizations and the passing of WWII/Korean War/Vietnam veterans.

The Air Force - Navy game is coming up next weekend at Annapolis. Air Force will be flying in with a 6-0 record having just beat Wyoming 34-27 just minutes ago. Air Force took the final lead at 2:17 left with an exciting 58 yard touchdown run by John Lee Eldridge III.

Navy is going into the game 3-3 with a 14-0 win today over the Charlotte 49ers. However, Academy teams seem to up their game when playing each other and records notwithstanding, the outcome depends upon who can rally themselves the most.

Stay tuned for more.

I just hope the spectator, veterans, and their families don't get kicked out of their hotel rooms for illegal immigrants/migrants like they did in MA. A total disgrace!

I just hope the spectator, veterans, and their families don't get kicked out of their hotel rooms for illegal immigrants/migrants like they did in MA. A total disgrace!
🤔ETA: You didn't quote a post and I'm sleep deprived. Leaving the reply for those that are unaware. Matt

Do you know they already have and refunded the hotel costs. Lots of tickets to become available at lower rates due to this.

No matter what they did to rectify the problem, it's still a disgrace and should have never happened in the first place!

Agreed, and I wouldn't even say it's rectified. A refund does nothing for an alum who wants to go see the game.

Getting their money back doesn't make them whole. Getting a place to stay so they can go to the game makes them whole. They've already shown they value the game more than their money, so in refunding them, you're just giving them back something they willingly parted with in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom