• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Go Green on the NES ...it's well worth it! Check out the bennies.

Monadnock

NES Member
Some of the things that you're missing for just $21 to go Green:

Group Buys - More often than not, your first purchase in a Group Buy will recoup your $21 investment. Participation in just a handful of Group Buys has saved me literally hundreds of dollars owing to the discounts acheived. That's the power of buying in a group. And remember, once you've gone Green, you too can initiate a Group Buy. Test the waters for interest, and if you find enough others interested in buying what you want, you've just got yourself a discount that few connections or rebates could provide.

Build Parties - Want to build yourself an AR or perhaps an AK? There have been all manner of build parties advertised in the forum. All free, just sign up and show up! Or perhaps you just want to know your firearm inside out? This is the place to learn from folks who have done it before.

Currently, there's an AK build party that has just filled-up being held in April

Meet & Greets - Whether at a local watering hole, a Club, or a Member's backyard, get a chance to meet your fellow NES Green Members in person. There have been dozens and dozens of get-togethers over the years. Some cost money up front depending on food and such, while others do not.

And what has become an annual Pot-Luck and BBQ that's been at 8-Point in Sterling and at the Monadnock Rod & Gun Club. In 2014, an NES Green Member put on an extensive fireworks show!

So, as you can see,if you want to socialize with folks who have similar interests, a whole world is open to you in the Green Section

Along with Group Buys, comes Member Discounts. Remember, many of your brethren have connections to vendors, and are they themselves vendors. So great deals can be had if you just do some poking around on the Green-side.

Member Classifieds: Yep, a whole section devoted to all of the things that your gunny friends have to sell or trade. Shotgun or chainsaw, laptop or sling.

And then of course the Member "NES Karma". Just add your post to a Karma Thread, and you may win whatever is listed as your prize! It's that simple. I've seen things like flat screen televisions, ammo, firearms, and all manner of household goods given away to fellow Green Members ...usually at random ...and for free!

Other benefits are the NES Green Member Shoots. Many of which I am intimately involved in. Currently, there are a few shoots schedule.

Excruciathlon IV
Spring Trigger Breakout V
Dave Hanan Memorial Car Shoot IV
Gunpowder Pig Firearms Festival VII
Pumpkin Blast VII
are all annual Green NES shoots at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club in Jaffrey/Peterborough, NH ...get a chance to shoot at a car or two, even borrow a machine gun (bring you brass-cased ammo) and have a ton of fun doing it

"Green" NES Members and their guests ...9am-4pm ...targets - cars
Large Calibers, NFA (full auto), Binary X, Cannon/Mortar (with permission)

Townsend Rod and Gun Club's mudder-biathlon (shoot and run) ...the Hora Dolor,

Get your Green Membership

Last edited:
And lets not forget some of the great KARMA that gets put out there for the GREEN folk. Rifles, ammo, DVD's, Gift cards, books and the list goes on.

Thanks for supporting the effort, but indeed, I didn't forget ...it was in there too.

"And then of course the Member "NES Karma". Just add your post to a Karma Thread, and you may win whatever is listed as your prize! It's that simple. I've seen things like flat screen televisions, ammo, firearms, and all manner of household goods given away to fellow Green Members ...usually at random ...and for free!"

Last edited:
I actualy talked 2 differnt members into going green in the past few weeks after mentioning all that. Actauly it was mostly talking about the group buys that did it :)

It's some of the best $21 I've spend, only been a member for a year, and already paid dividends in knowledge and great deals on, NES Pins, Patches, T-Shirts, etc...

Pick a different color. Going "green" means (to me) being a tree hugging liberal (aka, TREETARD) and I like my fossil fuels and LIBERTY.

Great post about going green. It definitely has its benefits and it's easily worth the little money you spend on membership. I've been to meetups, shoots, won karmas, and bought stuff at a group discount rate.

I know i have been gone a long time but i thought you would have remembered me.....lol

Here is some of what my sig line used to say.

Group Buys:
2ND A. Trip To DC 4/19/10, Lottery, Liotec Flashlight, Tannerite. Woodman's Pal, Bravo Company AR Upper (Cerro Forge), Delaware Machinery Lower, Timberwolf LPK, WOA SDM Barrel, NES Patches, Ammo Cans, 2010 Belt, Uplula, Galati Cases, GOAL Banquet, Crossbreed Holsters

I know i have been gone a long time but i thought you would have remembered me.....lol

Here is some of what my sig line used to say.

Group Buys:
2ND A. Trip To DC 4/19/10, Lottery, Liotec Flashlight, Tannerite. Woodman's Pal, Bravo Company AR Upper (Cerro Forge), Delaware Machinery Lower, Timberwolf LPK, WOA SDM Barrel, NES Patches, Ammo Cans, 2010 Belt, Uplula, Galati Cases, GOAL Banquet, Crossbreed Holsters

Hey!!! Is the Mystery Machine still on-the-road? Good to hear from you. I'm surprised that you're not a General by now ...heh, heh, heh.

And yes, you certainly are well-aware of the benefits of going Green. Heck, I was using my (Group Buy) Woodsman's Pal just today. That thing puts my Blackie Collins machete to shame.

Last edited:
Hey M. how the hell are you. Nope she is a goner. i could never get the parts out of her, if i remember it was tie-rod ends, because of stripped bolts and a bad back so we had to part ways. i don't know if i will go green again, i just had nothing better to do tonight so i stopped by. I wanted to check on something.

good to see you again.

I've been thinking of going green... I will when I'm done being a lurker [rolleyes] Lots of great info here, especially on state specific laws and regulations.

Currently available as Karma (basically enter the thread and you're in-the-running) on the Green side:
Code Red Lower
Pre-Ban 30-Round Ar Mag
100 rounds .22lr
1911 Bushing Wrench
1 Year GOAL Membership
Pachmayer Grips for a J-Frame
a couple of 20-round boxes of 7.62x54r (Mosin Nagant, ...)
...just won on Karma, a Steyr-Mannlicher M1895 with 25 rounds of ammo ...that's right, someone just won a nice MilSurp gun plus ammo for free!
Sig 229 Holster plus MAg Holder
5 DVDs of Hockey Fights
52" Bob Allen Soft Gun Case
an NES Decal Sheet
20 cartridges 8x57 JRS
2-100 round CCI .22lr Mini-Mag Cases
Fobus Holster for a Glock 26/27
3-Paracord Survival Bracelets
30-round Mag for an AK
one just for new Greenies - pick one:100 rounds of 9mm, 40 rounds of .223, 40 rounds of 7.62x39, or 20 rounds of .308
just won: a Wakizashi (Japanese Short Sword)
just won: a Tony Stewart Guitar
Guided Quabbin Bass Fishing Trip
3-Year Membership to GOAL
DVD Set Season 10 South Park
Stripped Code Red Lower (GOAL fundraiser - you must either join or gift a Membership to GOAL to enter)
Bottle of homemade Maple Syrup
just won: .40 Boresnake
Stripped Code Red Lower (Comm2A fundraiser with conditions)
most recent NES decal page
!!!Look what you just missed!!! free to a good home Karma winner - 50 rounds of 32 S&W 88 grain lead, remington
20 rounds of 250 Savage 100 gr pointed soft pt, remington
20 rounds of 300 win mag 220gr silvertip exp, winchester
20 rounds of 300 win mag 180gr power point, winchester
20 rounds of 338 win mag, 250gr ptd soft pt
19 rounds of 6mm rem, 80gr hi-shok soft point, federal (actually 20, but one round has fingerprint corrosion)
10 shells of 16 gauge buck shot 2 3/4 #1 buck, 12 pellets, Winchester
10 shells of 20 gauge buck shot 2 3/4 #3 buck, 20 pellets, Remington

...and I could go on. I did not cherry-pick, these are literally the first Karmas in order in the Karma Thread section!

GO GREEN!

Hopefully I talked two gunners (one newb and one life long shooter) into joining this weekend... the Newb loved the legal forums and the life guy liked just being able to talk to people without worrying about being reported to DHS...

Have to wait to see if they get arround to joining now...

I'm red green color blind (seriously).

So how do I know if I am green, I am a member but not sure what color.

TIA for helping those of us who are disability.

[smile]

NES Green Member Shoots April 27 & 28

There are two big shoots scheduled for this weekend! Go Green and sign yourself up!

NES Comm2A Fundraiser Shoot in Holbrook, MA ...April 28th at the Holbrook Sportsmen's Club, all proceeds going to support Comm2A, and for Green Members only. Go Green and sign up today.

NES Spring Trigger Breakout III Car Shoot at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club in Jaffrey/Peterborough, NH ...April 27th a portion of the proceeds goes to GONH ...get a chance to shoot at a car or two, even borrow a machine gun (bring you brass-cased ammo) and have a ton of fun doing it

"Green" NES Members and their guests ...9am-4pm ...car target
Large Calibers - yes, NFA (full auto) - yes, Binary X - yes, Cannon/Mortar - yes (with PM permission)

....and yet another reason to go Green ...yet another Car Shoot at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club

The 2nd Annual Dave Hanan Memorial Car Shoot Saturday June 15th in Jaffrey/Peterborough, NH ...a portion of the proceeds goes to GONH ...get a chance to shoot at a car or two, even borrow a machine gun (bring you brass-cased ammo) and have a ton of fun doing it ...and let's not forget the raffle for the 45 Watt Solar Panel Kit ...take a chance for a buck, or 6 for $5. Open to Green Members and their guests attending ...drawing held that afternoon.

"Green" NES Members and their guests ...9am-4pm ...car target
Large Calibers - yes, NFA (full auto) - yes, Binary X - yes, Cannon/Mortar - yes (with PM permission)

Go Green, sign up for our next car shoot and get a chance to fire a machine gun courtesy of one-eyed Jack!

You bring the ammo, and he'll supply the iron ...brass cased .45ACP 230gr RN FMJ please for all guns.

M1/M1A Thompson Submachine Gun 1 (Model 1) - aka Tommy Gun, Trench Broom/Sweeper, Chicago Typewriter, Organ Grinder, Chopper, etc.
M3/M3A1 (Model 3) Submachine Gun - aka Grease Gun
M10 Suppressed Submachine Gun - (Military Armament Corporation Model 10) - aka MAC-10, Ingram MAC-10, Quiet Riot
M50 Reising (Model 50) Submachine Gun - Manufactured at Harrington & Richardson in Fitchburg, MA (actually a select-fire carbine), "Six-and-one-half pounds of controlled dynamite. The H&R Reising will get a bullet there when you need it!" - from H&R's advertising

Go Green, sign up for our next car shoot and get a chance to fire a machine gun courtesy of one-eyed Jack!

You bring the ammo, and he'll supply the iron ...brass cased .45ACP 230gr RN FMJ please for all guns.

M1/M1A Thompson Submachine Gun 1 (Model 1) - aka Tommy Gun, Trench Broom/Sweeper, Chicago Typewriter, Organ Grinder, Chopper, etc.
M10 Suppressed Submachine Gun - (Military Armament Corporation Model 10) - aka MAC-10, Ingram MAC-10, Quiet Riot
M50 Reising (Model 50) Submachine Gun - Manufactured at Harrington & Richardson in Fitchburg, MA (actually a select-fire carbine), "Six-and-one-half pounds of controlled dynamite. The H&R Reising will get a bullet there when you need it!" - from H&R's advertising

Just need to get some car shoots in SE mass...

Just need to get some car shoots in SE mass...

Give Deval Patrick a call, perhaps he can team with Menino to assist you in your quest. If not, I'm sure that Elizabeth Warren or Martha Coakley would jump at the chance. And I recall that Barney Frank used to represent that area, maybe he can pull some strings.

Sorry for the editorial commentary, I'm not being sarcastic for sport, just realistic. Folks are having difficulty just getting an LTC in several places in that state. Nevermind doing something as frivolous as shooting at a car. When you're under assault like that, maintaining what you have is challenge enough.

And remember, the best way to get something done, is to do it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom