Go Green on the NES - Car Shoot - Machine Guns and more - Sat. May 13th at Monadnock

Monadnock

NES Member
STBIV_Before-and-After_1024.jpg

Get your Green NES Membership today and see what you're missing. You must be a Green Member or the guest of one in order to attend this shoot. Please reference this Green Thread:

Spring Trigger Breakout VII Car Shoot Saturday May 13th 9AM-4:30PM at the Monadnock Rod and Gun Club

MRGCI.com in Peterborough, NH

And if you're not not a Green Member of the NES, and can't get there from here using the bold link just above that takes you inside the Green Member's Section, then here's some excerpts from the shoot's thread that you can peruse:

This is a private event for "Green" Northeast Shooters (NES) and their guests (limit of 3 guests per Green Member of NES). There is camping available; both tenting and trailer/popup. There are no hookups, but there is pit area for fire by the large pavilion.

We are setting a limit of 100 attendees at this event, and if you invite guests and they are rank amateurs at handling firearms, they are still welcome, but the onus is upon you, their host to shepherd them through the process. You are welcome to accompany your guest to-the-line. RSOs can be helpful, but their job is to maintain order and safety, not to instruct newcomers on a foreign piece of equipment.

We welcome:
Large Calibers (.50 is fine), Signal Mortar & Cannon (no projectiles unless discussed beforehand), NFA (fully-automatic, suppressed, and SBR firearms), Binary-X ...Tannerite-type mixtures.

Several individuals who are already registered will be bringing their NFA gear. Machine guns of varying types will be on-hand, and many of the owners are quite willing to allow the curious to handle their hardware under their supervision. Bring the ammo and just ask, they tend to be a generous bunch.

Ty and Elise from American Weapon Systems will be there for ammunition and BX sales among other things.

Targets: At least one vehicle to be named later, AR500 Steel Hangers, some steel office furniture, and some painted wood planks. Paper targets on strapping frames. Clays, and perhaps some other more interesting objectives. There may be several available. Tannerite is okay to use within reason (please pay attention to this thread for a detailed explanation). Blowing sections from our berm, or blowing up items from home is not allowed. Certainly plastic, glass, large sections of wood, large metal fasteners and anything that would create potentially hazardous schrapnel is verboten.

There will also be some AR500 steel plates hanging on the range. Individuals using “safe” cartridges may shoot at these plates. If you are handling a firearms using ammo that’s capable of damaging the AR500 steel, then please refrain from plinking at the steel. Handguns, MGs, and cartridges up to .308 should be OK provided: the speed is sub 3,000 fps (speed at point of impact), and is none of the following; steel core, AP (armor piercing), solid copper bullets or BBs.

Gates open at 4PM Friday for primitive camping. Meet and greet starts at 9AM Saturday morning, waiver/log sign-in runs until about 9:30 or so. Then the firearms range rules are read ...10AM or so, let the shootin' commence. Then a quasi-break for lunch (details below) and again We will break temporarily at 3PM there will be a mass "cleanup" where we will quickly cleanup detritus from the range. Attention campers, Sunday morning 3D Archery starts at 8am.

When you arrive at the event, after parking, proceed to the signup table under the pavilion. Here, you will be asked to sign the MRGCI Waiver (compulsory), and the NES/MRGCI Waivers (compulsory). After signing, you will be issued your nametag on a bull-nose clip. Your NES Screen Name (avatar), (this is your "Paid" ID), and it’s also your meal ticket (that you display to get your meal). Please take care not to lose your tag, and be sure that it’s visible at all times.

NOTE: Since we will not be requiring the full 200 yards of the range, EVERYONE is invited to park on the firearms range in the designated areas behind the zero line (unless you’re making a last minute donation). There will be large sections taped-off just behind the zero line for parking and another for setting up your canopies, pop-ups, tables, chairs and what-have-you.

Lunch: Kitchen starts serving at 1:00pm
The Range will not go "cold" during the lunch break ...with one exception; there will be NO tannerite used between 1:00pm and 2:00pm. We purchase food according to the head count of paid attendees, so when the chow’s gone, it’s gone.

Online payment will close at midnight Tuesday May 9th. All snail-mail payments must be post-marked on or before Monday May 8th.

We are enforcing (MRGCI) a pre-pay environment. Since we absolutely need an accurate head-count when purchasing the food, and for security reasons too. Sign-up and online pay opportunities will terminate at midnight Tuesday May 9th (snail-mail postmarked by midnight Monday May 8th). If you have not paid by that date, then you're not coming, so please observe this rule. WE WILL NOT accept at-the-gate/day-of payments.

Some Benefits of going Green:

Access to sell items in the classifieds,
Frequent Firearm give-aways,
Frequent NES Members group shoots,
Frequent NES Members luncheons/dinners,
All Group Buys are restricted to NES Members only,
NES Tours/Trips to firearms manufacturers plants, etc.,
Special Discount deals,
No In-Thread banner advertisements,
Significantly increased PM limit

Sign up now and save deep on the next Group Purchase, and if you want, initiate one of your own!

Last edited:
If anyone who isnt green and never been to this event, ill cover your green membership and one admission to the shoot.

you must have had an account atleast 1 year old, with atleast 50 posts.
Take the membership and not show up... you will be publicly shamed!
There are less than 29 spot available (there are probibly less)

just not having the advertisements in-thread is worth the cost.
So please renew when the time comes.

i cant really put this in the members karma section....since your not a member.

Last edited:
If anyone who isnt green and never been to this event, ill cover your green membership and one admission to the shoot.

you must have had an account atleast 1 year old, with atleast 50 posts.
Take the membership and not show up... you will be publicly shamed!
There are less than 29 spot available (there are probibly less)

just not having the advertisements in-thread is worth the cost.
So please renew when the time comes.

i cant really put this in the members karma section....since your not a member.

The clock is ticking on this generous offer ...

Offer only stands until friday 10am...i wont have the ability to set it up for you after that because ill be on the road and wont have reliable Internet access.

Offer only stands until friday 10am...i wont have the ability to set it up for you after that because ill be on the road and wont have reliable Internet access.

Actually, the shoot participation component ends sooner than that ...about an hour and a half from this post. The prep work for IDs and such must start sooner than later.

67ray is already green, but took me up on the entry fee. Ill take care of it in the morning.
so consider my offer closed.

monadnock, please reserve the space im good for it.

ive been so sick for 5 weeks, im mot going to be as ready as i like to be for the shoot. I may need help linking ammo and mixing tannerite by anyone who is around. I hate to ask, i like being prepared... i even bought the ammo which i morally opposed too. Even being that lazy, linking it seems like a choir.

Back
Top Bottom