• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GM6 Lynx Semi-Auto 50 BMG Bullpup

That is pretty cool and would be a good force multiplier for our troops especially with some exotic ammo.

BUT. It was cool many many years ago when Barrett did it.

ATTACH][\img]

Attachments

• 1574988846553.jpeg
    1574988846553.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 38
How much bouncing can the brain take?

Does it come with medical insurance? I'm sure you'll need it for the trauma to your shoulder,possible detached retina and having your brain being bounced around in your skull.

That is pretty cool and would be a good force multiplier for our troops especially with some exotic ammo.

BUT. It was cool many many years ago when Barrett did it.

ATTACH][\img]
Force multiplier? I disagree. Slower rate of fire than the current standard issue rifle.....much lower capacity.....heavy as hell.....slower to maneuver with. Sure it has power downrange......

At best it's a somewhat shorter and lighter sniper rifle than the 107.

I was thinking along the line of that it can be carried unlike most of the 50s cals that need to be set up and fixed to use.
Faster deployment for non-mechanized soldiers.

RC

Pretty neat
It may look handy enough in the video for a grunt to carry and shoot CQB with, but
Weight, Empty: 11500g/25.3lbs :eek:
Thats equivalent to lugging the M240B

I've been curious why no one (to my knowledge) has made more of a "traditional" rifle in .50BMG - like an overgrown Winchester Model 70.

Y'know, for squirrel season or whatever.

I've been curious why no one (to my knowledge) has made more of a "traditional" rifle in .50BMG - like an overgrown Winchester Model 70.

Y'know, for squirrel season or whatever.
Because that would be like shooting one of those old school anti tank rifles (well maybe not quite that bad but its exaggeration for effect). Not pleasant.

Back
Top Bottom