1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

GM/Chevrolet really, really suck...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by richc, Jan 17, 2019.

1. RHJJ

RHJJ NES Member

Laugh all you want, we will see. Toyota is the most overrated car in the world. Ford Ranger will out sell the Tacoma in one year.

2. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

[laugh2]

3. Greg

Greg

Wanna bet ?

Exclude fleet sales,even though it's the hallmark of US based manufacturers auto sales.

4. RHJJ

RHJJ NES Member

No excluding, real sales and no fan boy bull shit.

5. zboys

zboys NES Member

Ford is a top seller for trucks solely because of the price not the quality

6. RHJJ

RHJJ NES Member

For decades, I don't think so.

7. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

I'll bring an EZ-UP and a propane heater. Genny too if somebody comes to pick it up, 7000W Generac won't fit in the back seat of a Honda...

Not for nothing, when I ran a Service Department 30 years ago we would sometimes send a vehicle home with a Master Technician and a "Flight Recorder" to capture intermittent failures and data streams. Not saying that's what happened here, and we ALWAYS got explicit permission, and the vehicle was driven with a dealer plate just in case, but it's "possible" that's what happened. I doubt it, but it IS a possibility...

AHM likes this.
  8. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

American small trucks are a f***ing joke. At the price that thing will come in at (set up more than skinflint trim) most are going to say f*** it, and go to bigger trucks, and they're not going to get any taco owners to jump ship....

-Mike

Chevy 2 65 likes this.
  9. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

No permission. No dealer plate. Illegal parked long enough to be ticketed? I don't even think that is a possibility.

10. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias

Do you believe those things?

Nissan says the Rogue is the top selling SUV. I see 10 HRV for every Rogue on the road.

The5thDentist likes this.
  11. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias

I think they are handling this like [email protected] The cost is so small, someone should send an Email to the dealership, the dealership confirms what they found and then GM should say "fine, replace for the same model, we will send you a refund. Done, we dont care if he doesnt want the same model, he can trade it in, but he gets what he purchased."

This shouldn't even get to a VP. Maybe a Senior Director tops. Maybe. Most likely a director.

Now, that being said, I work at a fortune 50 company, and a lot of times, although we all work for the same company, every product we sell seems like it is in it's own little world. I had a customer ask me about another product that I dont sell and it took me a week to find a distribution list. Then I had to Email that listand they passed me to another list. After several days, I finally found a person and only because I know one of the directors that gave me the original distribution list.

But ... when it comes to legal, it usually gets to the right person the same day. Everyone knows the legal alias, and even if it's not the right legal team, it gets to that person. We have something like 700 lawyers, and when I need one, I find the right one in one day.

So, GM doesnt really have any excuses besided being either: A - a bunch of incompetent f***s, B - a bunch of a**holes screwing with a customer or C. Both A and B.

They know no one will touch them, so they are acrewing around with the OP.

richc and JJ4 like this.
  12. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Not a possibility; if it was wearing a dealer plate, the dealership would have received the ticket notice, not the owner.

The fact that it was ticketed in Newton during the time that the dealership declared it "not drivable, not fixable", is just more ammo for more damages.

13. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Agreed 100%, just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. Clearly that idea bounced right off.

14. AHM

AHM NES Member

At first I thought you wrote "I'll bring an UpLULA™",
    and you got me all hot and bothered...

15. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

The tech was, he was on a test drive. I'm willing to bet in the fine print you sign a waiver on allowing it's use for testing and driveability purposes.

But probably not parking fines.....

All they'd have to say is they wanted it to be test driven after an 'x' mile trip and sit overnight, so the tech could try and duplicate one of the owner's claimed issues. They must pay their techs well if they can afford to live in Newton.....

16. Mark from MA

Mark from MA NES Member

This...much llike the half ton market has drifted into the 3/4 and 1 ton market.....you can buy a fancy 1/2 ton for the price of a moderate 3/4 ton. Why? I'll take the 3/4 ton all day long because I view a truck for working, not caddillac.

I had small trucks for years....at the time they were moderately priced into their market. Now...they are retardedly priced in to the point where they cost as much or more than a bigger truck. Add to that fact that the gas savings is barely anything. With a bigger truck you get way more ride, space and capability.

Even Paying 35+K for a Taco? I know they are reliable, but.... Are you fing kidding me?
    You can't even plow (real plow) with the thing....WTF.

17. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

Sorry, I deal with people. Most people would rather have new disposable shit than quality craftsmanship. The auto industry survives on this.

Thanks to marketing, it's how most people seem to view life these days.

18. richc

richc NES Member

A 2 mile test drive requires an illegally parked vehicle overnight in Newton? That's how far the Newton address is from the dealership...

19. Shark_Cage

Shark_Cage NES Member

Didn’t have a chance to go through all the responses. His may be a Chapter 93a type situation. If the car was defective (unmerchantable) you could collect triple damages. Don’t know if arbitration eliminates that Avenue

Good luck
    Jim

20. richc

richc NES Member

Already went through the MA Lemon Law process. GM settled on 12/20 agreeing to buy the truck back. Been radio silent since. Time for performance on the Lemon Law settlement is passed.

We've sent a 93A demand letter to GM via our attorney. Now GM is demanding another attempt at fixing it even though they agreed to buy it back... in writing. HUH? My son has been without his truck for 5 months.

IMHO GM has designed a convoluted system that punishes owners of defective vehicles until the owners suffer enough pain and they give up.

Me... I grew up in the inner city and learned how to fight at an early age. I have the financial resources to take this to court and get this in front of a judge. And I'm really angry that anyone treats one of my children in this manner.

EFF GM!

21. Noreaster

Noreaster NES Member

Its not designed by GM and is not only GM that does that. All MFGRs are like that and the all play the game. The big one is to stall and delay until you are outside the protection time-frame of the lemon law.

They are practiced and skilled at this process. They push until you need to take them to court and they hope you don't have the cash flow to pay a lawyer.

As a long time GM owner, i have grown tired of the quality, or lack therof.

richc likes this.
  22. rep308

rep308 NES Member

They played this Anti-GM commercial during the Super Bowl broadcast in Canada:

richc and AHM like this.
  23. AHM

AHM NES Member

Does Google know that lesyndicat is using Alexa's voice synthesizer in Super Bowl ads?

ETA:
    [​IMG]

24. richc

richc NES Member

I really, really can't believe there's more bullshit to share. But there is and it's just more evidence what dealers think of customers.

After finding out there was a parking ticket on my son's truck while in the shop, I got to thinking. I wonder what kind of mileage is on Joe’s truck now.

The current mileage is 9856. Mirak Chevy’s paperwork says mileage in was 9669 and that jives with my son's records. And mileage out was 9670 on Mirak Chevy's paperwork. The mileage out is a lie.

The only mileage my son put on the truck since 9/6 was driving from from Mirak Chevy to my home, and one round trip from Mirak to home and back again. That’s a 75 miles of driving.

So where did the other miles come from? The truck was driven a total of 187 miles while in the hands of Mirak Chevy and the transmission shop. The transmission problem is not intermittent. It’s there all the time. It requires little or no test driving. And I've never heard of a dealer test driving a car for well over a hundred miles.

So if we take the 75 miles commuting to my home off the 187 mile difference, we’re left with 112 miles to explain. And when you take into consideration the overnight parking ticket in Newton it appears someone was using my son's truck for personal use.

In addition, GM required my son to remove all accessories he installed. He had put in a nice, carpeted truck bed liner. When my son and I removed the accessories we noticed a number of dents on the wheel wells of the truck in the bed. My son was really puzzled how they got there. Well, it appears those dents happened when someone was using my son's truck for personal business while in custody of the dealer.

WTF???

This smells really bad right now.

Mary Barra
    General Motors
    Chevrolet

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    KBCraig likes this.
  25. ThePreBanMan

ThePreBanMan NES Member

That right there is some funny shit... The Tacoma represents 10% of total truck sales in the country. The Ranger represents such a small share that it's technically zero if you round down. They don't even reach 1%. So unless the Ranger's sales increase by a factor of over 10, this is just blatantly not true, unsubstantiated banter. In fact in the compact pickup segment, the Ranger is dead last. It got outsold by the Honda Ridgeline.

F-Series... that's a different story in terms of sales. I'm not really fond of any of the domestics myself. But I would prefer a Ford over a GM for sure. I would take the Ram over either if forced.

26. RHJJ

RHJJ NES Member

They haven't made a Ranger since 2011 and they sold well. Bet it hurts F150 sales.

27. richc

richc NES Member

YET ANOTHER UPDATE ON WHY GM SUCKS SO BAD...

Our attorney finally got to speak with the woman from GM's legal department who demanded GM have another chance to fix my son's truck. She said the settlement offer was no longer valid.

Then he spoke to her supervisor, who said she'd look into things. He told them he'd be sending a letter, and that they have until Friday to forward payment. So now they are trying to renege on their settlement agreement.

I'm just speechless...

KBCraig likes this.
  28. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

I believe they met the ‘Lemon’ standards (so many days/tries) - they are just delaying and hoping to proclaim it fixed (even if it’s not).

Maybe we should all call the dealer and tell them we know what they have been up to and will spread the news far and wide.

W.E.C likes this.
  29. JayMcB

JayMcB NES Member

What part of binding do these tools not get? Are you sure the consumer help-me-hank thing isn't an avenue? Contact Us

30. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

Some seriously shady stuff going on with both the manufacturer and the dealer, about different things.