• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glockworx help!

1903Collector

NES Member
I just finished installing a Glockworx standard trigger kit in my G19, the kit comes with the standard trigger complete, titanium firing pin safety and spring, and two striker springs 2# and 3#. I get it all in the gun and it's a great impovement over the factory trigger...but one problem. If I depress the trigger without depressing the trigger safety it trips the striker, so that safety is defeated and it would go bang if there was a live round in it. I'm scratchin my head on this one this was going to be a carry gun but not like this. Anyone?

Thanks.

it sounds like the timing is just off. let us know how the new one works. and i dont think it needs to be said but dont carry it like that

The kickup on the portion of the trigger bar that engages the striker could be a bit low, resulting in less than the recommended 2/3 (or 60% - forget which) engagement between these two parts. When the trigger bar is pushed back, it also moves down releasing the striker. Glock makes a half sized orange rear slide plate that can be installed so you can look at the engagement between these two parts and verify there is the correct amount of overlap.

Your G19 wouldn't by chance have a pre EH prefix serial number would it? (all 3 character prefixes post date 2 character prefixes, so an AAA prefix Glock is not pre-EH). Prior to EH, there was a dimensional issue requiring a trigger bar with additional kickup (marked + on the Glock part)

Got the new kit in from Glockworx today, installed it and it's doing the same effin thing. Either I am doing something wrong or this Glockworx stuff is total junk!

Back
Top Bottom