• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glocks in Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the rules behind purchasing glocks in Mass? Can we only buy preban (10/1998) glocks in state or can we buy new ones out of state and transfer them?

Thanks

in short:

you can buy any date glock in face-to-face private sale.

however, dealers are obliged by state to sell only pre-ban glocks to civilians

no, buying glock out of state and transferring (even within MA) will not work. dealers will not sell/transfer non-mass compliant guns to civilians. they don't want to get themselves into hot water with AG

Last edited:
Why is it that there has been a somewhat large number of people posting variations of the same question over the last few days/ last few months/ since the forum was started? Its because those people asking the question dont bother using the search button!

Here are a couple of links that will help you out.
Let me google that for you
IBTL

But why are there Glocks on the approved firearms roster, but they still cannot be sold by a FFL in Massachusetts? It doesn't make sense (the whole idea with the approved firearms roster doesn't make sense, but that's a different topic).

How can Glocks be on the approved list, but still they cannot be transferred?

I personally have no interest in getting a Glock, but just wondering.

But why are there Glocks on the approved firearms roster, but they still cannot be sold by a FFL in Massachusetts? It doesn't make sense (the whole idea with the approved firearms roster doesn't make sense, but that's a different topic).

because massachusetts.

ever see the movie "scanners"? remember the head-pop scene? that's what happens when you really start reading into the MGLs. there's no rhyme or reason to most of the bullshittery, and the stuff they did end up getting "right" is all about control, and has nothing to do with guns.

Because MA sucks, that's why.

If I Lived In Mass, I'd Just Buy A Sig Since They Are The Same Price, Haha

cause Marsha has determined, through consumer product safety laws, that they're not safe for consumers. Even though they're issued to 90% of the LEO's in the state.

940 CMR 16.00

Because Glocks aren't on the super secret list that Marsha hides under her desk at the McCormack Building.

What is with the recent 'How do I buy Glocks in MA', or 'Will dealers sell new Glocks in MA' threads that keep popping up by new users as their first post? It's getting annoying.

I think they are, all of the people asking that question only have a small handful of post.

Could be. There is also a survival forum I frequent that had similar things. Every few days someone with 1 post will start a thread asking "where is a good place to hide my guns?" Or "what will you do when they come to take your guns"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom