• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glocks and Red Dots

Boghog1

NES Member
so I dropped my slide off to get milled for a red dot. I'm leaning towards a Holosun 508t but before they cut the slide I was hoping those of you that have glocks could post up pics from the rear. the windows on the holosun and RMR are much smaller than my Romeo one on the 320. I am not opposed to Leopold, votex etc...

there was a link somewhere here about sale on the SRO 5moa - it was going for something like $480 or so.

I run 2.5 moa SRO on a shadow2 and a DP-PRO on the G34 - window size they are comparable (sro is bigger) but the SRO has an automatic brightness adjustment that is incredibly convenient.
DP-PRO is more robust then SRO - but, did not have any issues with neither one yet.

i had 507c holosun from amazon and sent it back - i did not like it at all, but, to each his own.

Last edited:
so I dropped my slide off to get milled for a red dot. I'm leaning towards a Holosun 508t but before they cut the slide I was hoping those of you that have glocks could post up pics from the rear. the windows on the holosun and RMR are much smaller than my Romeo one on the 320. I am not opposed to Leopold, votex etc...
I recommend the RMR, I have thoroughly abused mine and have had no issues. I don't think the window is small, not really looking through it anyways. If you want a pic, I can post one. If you want to try it, we can do that as well.

I have a DPP, I have only broken it once so far.

RMR is a good design. but between SRO and RMR - if the gun is intended more for the range or competition - then i would still get an SRO.
if it is going to be carried - then RMR. it also auto adjusts brightness (dims to almost nothing in the dark) and battery will last much longer than in DPP that you need to turn off yourself.

I already had to change the battery in DPP and not yet in SRO. and i got DPP, i think, in 2020... or 2019.. this covid shit broke off any time tracking.

RMR is a good design. but between SRO and RMR - if the gun is intended more for the range or competition - then i would still get an SRO.
if it is going to be carried - then RMR. it also auto adjusts brightness (dims to almost nothing in the dark) and battery will last much longer than in DPP that you need to turn off yourself.

I already had to change the battery in DPP and not yet in SRO. and i got DPP, i think, in 2020... or 2019.. this covid shit broke off any time tracking.
thanks, it would be for carry, didn't realize the SRO was more geared towards range use

I recommend the RMR, I have thoroughly abused mine and have had no issues. I don't think the window is small, not really looking through it anyways. If you want a pic, I can post one. If you want to try it, we can do that as well.

I have a DPP, I have only broken it once so far.
thank you, are you in NH? I can bring cigars

thanks, it would be for carry, didn't realize the SRO was more geared towards range use
SRO shell is plastic, and a big piece of glass in it. if i land my shadow 2 on a concrete ever - it will be the end of the SRO. DPP is in metal shell and RMR is also more robust.
plus to carry it around RMR size is in my opinion more adequate.

i generally do not agree with an idea of the red dot on a carry gun, conceptually - as it only going to be a distraction in the critical situation, but an RMR would be better. DPP definitely not good for carry gun as you need to press the button to light it up. and if you keep it always on - it will drain the battery. DPP goes dark if stationary - but if you walk it turns on. and stays on at the brightness you set it to. no good for carry, overall.

I have a rmr on a 19 and a 508t on a 17. Ill try to post up a pic later.

Attachments

• 20FD0BBE-01F0-40A2-93DA-23635BC4A527.jpeg
    20FD0BBE-01F0-40A2-93DA-23635BC4A527.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 8
  • AFD6D795-4481-4AD5-9619-28E4551597A1.jpeg
    AFD6D795-4481-4AD5-9619-28E4551597A1.jpeg
    242.6 KB · Views: 8
  • D94C610E-1BA5-4AEC-B1FC-7EF6C3107EEB.jpeg
    D94C610E-1BA5-4AEC-B1FC-7EF6C3107EEB.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 5C96DEF0-E547-47B3-BF5A-035AF2BBB75A.jpeg
    5C96DEF0-E547-47B3-BF5A-035AF2BBB75A.jpeg
    822.3 KB · Views: 8

Yep.

I have an RMR on my knapsack carry gun, (a G31 with a 9mm conversion barrel); SROs on my G41 and G34 which are both range guns.

I can find the red dot slightly faster with the SROs, the larger shell helps, but the RMR feels much more solid - I don't quite trust the SRO on a carry gun.

Back
Top Bottom