Glock vs Moose who wins?

Was posted, a couple years ago With the usual responses. NES city slickers “dogs are people too!” Peta Types wanted him hung for killing the moose. Others thought he should’ve shot much sooner. You know the usual monkey cage feces throwing NES throw down.

Last edited:
Way old. Don't think it happened in the states either, so no Maine Fishcops could get all hot and sweaty about arresting a bad guy.

It's an ancient video and has been hashed over many times.

That dude is a royal POS.

All he had to do it get up on the side of the trail and that moose would just stroll on by. That's like moose encounter 101.

Instead he provokes it to attack him.

This video is way old, was all over youtube.

I know not all sleds have reverse but he still decided to creep up on that animal instead of at least trying a K turn.

My 4-Wheeler's all have reverse. I think I would of backed up and increased my space instead of advancing, the Moose most likely would be on his way. If not I would be on my way in the opposite direction.

All he had to do it get up on the side of the trail and that moose would just stroll on by. That's like moose encounter 101.
Seems like you guys are moose whisperers and know exactly what the moose would do.

He probably should have tried to get off the trail and let the moose pass......99% of the time, your probably right.......

But what happens if the moose decides to plow him anyway, and from 3 feet away instead of passing, and now that's he's stuck in a 6 foot snow drift and can't move, and gets his ass stomped into a bloody little snow cone.

You would be calling him dumb/stupid/and and idiot.

What if it was a bear??? Different??? Let it saunter on by? Do bears kill more people than Moose? (I know Bears are hibernating in this situation and this is unlikely to happen, but say it was an ATV in the summer on a rough trail with high sides)............Just cause it does't have teeth and claws doesn't mean its not dangerous.

Last edited:
Backstraps or it didn't happen...
The most douchy thing that happened in the OG video is that since he did kill the Moose, there should have been some effort to utilize the meat.

If he just left it there....well, I guess nature will use it....but still......

The most douchy thing that happened in the OG video is that since he did kill the Moose, there should have been some effort to utilize the meat.

If he just left it there....well, I guess nature will use it....but still......
My guess is much more happened after the cameras went dark... That was a nice sized youngin'...

Am I recalling right and the longer version that started earlier in the encounter where those two were aggravating the thing ?
Or am I thinking of another one?
General rule with them is to admire them from a distance .
Riding up one's ass with snow mobiles might seem like fun till the moose decides he's had enough of your shit.

Am I recalling right and the longer version that started earlier in the encounter where those two were aggravating the thing ?
Or am I thinking of another one?
General rule with them is to admire them from a distance .
Riding up one's ass with snow mobiles might seem like fun till the moose decides he's had enough of your shit.
That’s just it…..

If you watch the video closely you see him come to a complete stop when he sees the Moose. He then advances on the Moose.

Anybody that spends any time in the woods knows that you should never advance on wild animals. You should do the opposite and slowly retreat, don’t run just back up slowly.

Maybe his sled did not have reverse, but I bet if he just stayed put and waited that Moose would have probably just left.

That Moose did not move until the guy pulled forward, and then the Moose started towards him. Bad move on that guy’s part, he seemed like he was TRYING to piss that Moose off.

Seems like you guys are moose whisperers and know exactly what the moose would do.

I've dealt with f***loads of moose in the woods or on the trails, mainly in Alaska, but also in NH.

If dude had just pulled off to the side, the moose would have strolled on by eventually.

Back
Top Bottom