• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock versus Sig P365.. Will Glock make anything equal/similar/better etc??

Glock makes Glocks.
If you dont want a Glock, buy something else. There are lots of companies that make all kinds of guns that aren't Glocks.
Don't expect Glock to make anything other than a Glock, unless you also want a knife or trenching tool.

I don't think Glock will do anything to compete directly with the 365. I have a 365 and a G43X, and I really like them both depending on the situation. Glock won't abandon their trademark magazine design, or their trademark hand grip/frame design to make a me too gun. In a way, they have both kind of perfected their version of the sub-compact carry gun, based on their own unique design philosophies.

I don't think Glock will do anything to compete directly with the 365. I have a 365 and a G43X, and I really like them both depending on the situation. Glock won't abandon their trademark magazine design, or their trademark hand grip/frame design to make a me too gun. In a way, they have both kind of perfected their version of the sub-compact carry gun, based on their own unique design philosophies.

This was said before they made the 42/43.

Glock came out with the 43x and there are aftermarket steel mags that up the capacity to 15rds, so I think it's already done.

Who I'm waiting on is Ruger, Taurus, and S&W to come out with their own P365 clones. Ruger's single stacks, while quite thin, are feeling 10 years old. Taurus' PT111 pistols have made them a ton of money over the years, but Taurus making a 365 for $265 would make them even more money. S&W... meh, their poly pistols are what they are, but people buy them so whatever.

They already have guns that are close enough in size that people will buy, either based on price, availability, or whatever. @FrankNA beat me to it, in the cheapo class things like the G3 or this G3c gun will sell like hotcakes all day long, and nobody will care that its a little bit bigger.

Of course you're going to say "But, bweah! it's still not as efficient as a P365!" And I don't disagree with that statement. None of them are going to "beat" that metric. The thing is, after a certain point though, that doesn't actually matter. Like for example, if you're carrying the thing IWB, is there really that much of a difference between a P365 and even a much larger pistol, like an M&P 2.0 Sub-compact? (or whatever the f*** they call the smallest one now, lmao) Probably not in functional terms.

The difference between a 42/43 and a 26 was pretty huge though. The "gap" you're talking about at this point isn't that large.

The other thing you're forgetting is the P365 has a nice trigger (at least in relative terms) to a typical Glock trigger for most people. It's the trigger as much as the
size. Most P365s also come with night sights already on them. So it's a value prop thing to the buyers, as well.

Not really sure what the point you are making is. The 42/43 is a glock with a small hand grip and slide. That is the only thing it has in common with the P365, and they (the 42/43) are very Glock. The only thing that deviated, but not very much is the single stack magazine, which isnt that much of a difference from the Glock preference for double stack magazines.

Last edited:
Mag capacity of 6 for the Glock vs 12 for the Sig

After a gunfight, nobody ever said that they wished they had less ammo

At that point, they may as well just carry a revolver. A snubby will be smaller than any/damn near any, semi you're going to find and you just don't get any more reliable than a wheel gun.

9mm-lugerG3c Tenifer Matte Black 9MM LUGER
Black Polymer Frame
Three 10-Round Magazines

ITEM #1-G3C931-10
FRAME SIZECompact
CAPACITY10 rds.
HEIGHT5.10"
WIDTH1.20"
WEIGHT22.00 oz.
BARREL LENGTH3.20"
OVERALL LENGTH6.30"
FRONT SIGHTFixed
REAR SIGHTDrift Adjustable
SAFETYStriker Block
Manual Safety
Trigger Safety
Loaded Chamber Indicator
MSRP$305.74
More Details
COMPARE
9mm-lugerG3c Tenifer Matte Black 9MM LUGER
Black Polymer Frame
Three 12-Round Magazines

ITEM #1-G3C931
FRAME SIZECompact
CAPACITY12 rds.
HEIGHT5.10"
WIDTH1.20"
WEIGHT22.00 oz.
BARREL LENGTH3.20"
OVERALL LENGTH6.30"
FRONT SIGHTFixed
REAR SIGHTDrift Adjustable
SAFETYStriker Block
Manual Safety
Trigger Safety
Loaded Chamber Indicator
MSRP$305.74
More Details

Taurus version of the P365.
Basically a P365XL, but with a shorter barrel, a bit heavier, and .1" thicker.

I actually think this is better than the 365XL, but it's as thick as a Glock 26, so I don't see the point. The appeal of the P365 is its a quarter or an inch slimmer than most doublestack pistols, but had a higher capacity than a single stack.

Basically a P365XL, but with a shorter barrel, a bit heavier, and .1" thicker.

I actually think this is better than the 365XL, but it's as thick as a Glock 26, so I don't see the point.

Except that, anybody who buys one will ever cross shop it with a 365XL so it is sort of irrelevant.

The "point" is that a G3c is probably like $250-280 BRAND NEW at retail street. That's the whole point of taurus anything, cheap. Whether its shit or not is a
whole other story (although even I will admit they are getting better. ) When people are slummin in that price class, things change.

They already have guns that are close enough in size that people will buy, either based on price, availability, or whatever. @FrankNA beat me to it, in the cheapo class things like the G3 or this G3c gun will sell like hotcakes all day long, and nobody will care that its a little bit bigger.

Of course you're going to say "But, bweah! it's still not as efficient as a P365!" And I don't disagree with that statement. None of them are going to "beat" that metric. The thing is, after a certain point though, that doesn't actually matter. Like for example, if you're carrying the thing IWB, is there really that much of a difference between a P365 and even a much larger pistol, like an M&P 2.0 Sub-compact? (or whatever the f*** they call the smallest one now, lmao) Probably not in functional terms.
For anything except pocket carry, the width is irrelevant, it's weight that matters. Everything from the Ruger LC9 to the Glock 26 are just fine for IWB and I don't see what an extra .3" matters other than "oh, it just feels SOOOO much better, like it's barely there."

I mean, if someone wants to spend an extra $700 in a new gun, holster, and mags, they can do their thing, but there are (or were 6 months ago) plenty of subcompact doublestacks that work and carry just fine. I feel this craze with the P365 type pistols has largely been a ban state phenomenon and it makes sense because when you're limited to 10 rds for a magazine, then a pistol sized for 9mm to make it as small as possible and use 10 rd mags makes sense.

But with who is likely the next justice on SCOTUS, I do not believe mag capacity laws are long for this world. Not unless in the near future there's a live stream video of some racist psycho breaking into a majority Black pre-school with an M60 turning toddlers into swiss cheese.

Not really sure what the point you are making is. The 42/43 is a glock with a small hand grip and slide. That is the only thing it has in common with the P365, and they (the 42/43) are very Glock. The only thing that deviated, but not very much is the single stack magazine, which isnt that much of a difference from the Glock preference for double stack magazines.

The point was some were saying Glock would never make a single stack and they did. Now some are saying they will never change the mags for increased capacity.

" Glock won't abandon their trademark magazine design, or their trademark hand grip/frame design to make a me too gun."

For anything except pocket carry, the width is irrelevant, it's weight that matters. Everything from the Ruger LC9 to the Glock 26 are just fine for IWB and I don't see what an extra .3" matters other than "oh, it just feels SOOOO much better, like it's barely there."

Tell that to the millions buying single stack guns. A little bit of width goes a long way. I do think weight matters also, but a Shield ways more than a 26.

Tell that to the millions buying single stack guns. A little bit of width goes a long way. I do think weight matters also, but a Shield ways more than a 26.
If we're talking single stack .32s and .380s, those are completely different compared to single stack 9mm's. In general, the single stack 9's are pretty cheap, even brand new most of them are under $400, several are under $300. If the subcompact double stack pistols were that price brand new, I'm sure more of them would sell.

Back
Top Bottom