Glock Trigger Spring

Shawnyc

NES Member
So I bought a used Gen 3 Glock 22 and, owning a 27, I noticed the trigger was heavy. I took it apart to polish up some parts (aka 25 cent trigger job) and found this:

Spring.jpg

I believe this to be the 8 pound trigger spring. Do you think the trigger job will be enough to lighten it up or should I order a 5 pound spring. I know the answer is "try it and see" but I'm stuck at work and need sustenance to make it to 5. Thanks.

It will be heavy with the NY spring no matter what. That's what the NY spring is for. You could either get the regular trigger spring, or swap the connector with a 3.5 lb. Or both.

If you want to go below 2.5 lbs, Vanek's trigger is a good choice.

the NY spring was designed for ham fisted cops switching from revolvers to glocks who were bitching because the triggers were so light....
go see AJ at AJ's Firearms in Acushnet.... he has glock parts (just ask) and if not, can order them for you.... he's open Tue & Sat)
i got my factory glock spring from him to replace the NY spring.....

one thing you lose switching the springs is a positive reset when dry firing..... the trigger stays back until you rack the slide.....
when you're shooting this isn't an issue.....

the NY spring was designed for ham fisted cops switching from revolvers to glocks who were bitching because the triggers were so light....
go see AJ at AJ's Firearms in Acushnet.... he has glock parts (just ask) and if not, can order them for you.... he's open Tue & Sat)
i got my factory glock spring from him to replace the NY spring.....

one thing you lose switching the springs is a positive reset when dry firing..... the trigger stays back until you rack the slide.....
when you're shooting this isn't an issue.....

Thanks guys. I will go see AJ tomorrow. Pass by everyday and have been in several times, great shop. Thanks again.

I think I have an extra, if AJ doesn't have one for you I can mail it out.
Just gotta make sure I have it.

I don't think a Glock trigger ever resets after dry firing, no matter which spring you're using. You always have to rack the slide to reset the trigger.

So I bought a used Gen 3 Glock 22 and, owning a 27, I noticed the trigger was heavy. I took it apart to polish up some parts (aka 25 cent trigger job) and found this:

View attachment 131804

I believe this to be the 8 pound trigger spring. Do you think the trigger job will be enough to lighten it up or should I order a 5 pound spring. I know the answer is "try it and see" but I'm stuck at work and need sustenance to make it to 5. Thanks.

Throw that shit in the trash and get a Glock OEM 3.5 connector (aka the minus connector) and a standard glock trigger return spring. You'll end up with a 4.5-5 pound or so trigger when you're done.

-Mike

I don't think a Glock trigger ever resets after dry firing, no matter which spring you're using. You always have to rack the slide to reset the trigger.
That is what I was thinking. Isn't that how all striker fired handguns work?

Throw that shit in the trash and get a Glock OEM 3.5 connector (aka the minus connector) and a standard glock trigger return spring. You'll end up with a 4.5-5 pound or so trigger when you're done.

-Mike

I was thinking of throwing the 3.5 connector in but I figured I would try polishing the stock one first. If AJ has a 3.5 in stock I'll grab one.

with the NY spring, when you release your finger after firing.... the trigger comes forward.... it resets..... like every other gun on the planet....
with the factory spring, it does not.....

the striker or firing pin reset is something different.....

If it were my gun, I'd browse to Brownells and buy a factory spring kit for about $15 that would include what you need to replace all the springs in your gun. You have no idea how old or worn they are. Might as well spend another $7 and replace the recoil spring assembly as well. That way you know you have all new springs that will probably last you the life of your gun.

-Cuz.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

Picked up a trigger spring from AJ's this morning. I think I'm going to lighten more with the 3.5 connector but already there is a huge difference. It's just a range gun so I don't mind tinkering with it. Thanks guys!

I bought all my parts (connector & spring kit) for my range glock from these guys and its SMOOTH.
chart_final_final_final.jpg

Back
Top Bottom