Glock to release new 10rd G43x.

Why not just make a .32 Auto and squeeze more rounds into the same size frame? +P .32 Auto 1150 fps, 220 ft lbs so ballistically close enough to 9mm that the advantage of the extra rounds outweighs the ballistics. I learned on NES that my family, pets, and houseplants all deserve to die if I don't stop carrying .45 and carry 9mm for higher round count. I assume the same applies for 9mm vs. .32.
[devil2]

On a serious note, not a fan of this version. I think the G43 is a superb pocket gun and anything that makes it less of a pocket gun is an answer to a problem that doesn't exist. If I didn't already have a G43, I'd still get the standard version.

So, doubting the numbers, I measured.

G43 across the meat of the grip (what one might consider the important bit) is 23.76mm (ish)
G26 measured the same way: 30.05mm

So... 6.25mm difference, if the 43X is actually 4mm bigger, that's 2.25 delta between the G43X and the G26.

That still doesn't seem like a huge difference to me, but maybe I'll feel differently when I hold them in my hand.

G26.JPG G43.JPG

@M1911 is right about the G43 being too long for pocket carry, one of the reasons I don't like it.

All these "stack and a half" mag pistols, theP365 included, they fail to impress me.

No one said that it couldn't be done. The remark was made in reference to the article whereby Glock stated it had to lengthen the height of the G43X another 15mm (0.59") to reach the double stack 10 round capacity using that particular platform. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the G43X is a good idea since I can't shoot a G26/27 without a Pearce mag extension on it (hand is too big), but the G43X still cannot use standard G17/19 mags like the G26/27. You're also making me want to try out the P365 again. [laugh]

Only on NES could there be a debate about the size of a gun that isn't known or released yet. [smile]

lol. True. Those were just renders too on the original link. Who knows how it will end up looking.

Funny thing is that while I like my P365 capacity and concealability, I actually can't shoot it worth a damn yet because of how small it actually is. Started carrying my Shield with 8rd mag again because I know I can actually hit something with it if need be--at least until I figure out best hand placement on the Sig.

Who cares, it’s a Glock, so I’ll need one...

And this is how Glock cashes in.
While we sit here and argue about dimensions, and weight etc etc, Glock still comes out on top. They aren't worried about how comfortable we are with our fat rolls hanging over our belts, they win in the end.
This isn't Burger king, you can't have it your way, you get what Glock gives you, and you'll probably buy it.

I dont remember the dimensions of the Keltec p11,but I remember it being quite small, like smaller than a g43. The p11 held 12 rounds, other than the fact that it would self destruct before the end of the magazine, it was a lightweight and very concealable

I have a spare Trijicon RMR02 after putting a newer model RMR07 Type 2 on my G19 w/G17 slide, so I’m getting my G43 slide milled next week to mount the RMR via a Suarez Int’l NSA adapter plate ($150 to mill, $20 for the plate and $15 for the Seal Plate & screws). A SIG P365 with Shield red dot is pretty handy but the dot is small, fragile and scratches easily.

With 60yr-old eyes and strong nearsighted, astigmatic bifocal correction, red dots keep me shooting on target.

A trigger upgrade (Overwatch Precision TAC drop-in) also makes the G43 *so* much easier to shoot accurately. I added a TLR6 light/laser too - hardly any more holster space. Some Dremel mods to my Tulster holster should accommodate the RMR OK.

My G43 has 7+6=13 capacity with one back-up magazine, while the P365 has 21rd with an extra magazine. I might consider the G43 +4 extension for the b/u mag to get to 17rd. I’m less worried about 6rd vs 10rd and more worried about having a spare mag for malfunctions.

Can you twist the drum part sideways to make it concealable? [smile]

image1-jpeg.260137

Looks great. I’m not sure it is enough to replace my current g43 with Taran Tactical extensions.

I’d like to see a Glock 10 round mag that fits my current G43. I’d rather have a 10 round Glock mag than after market Extensions.

I’d like to see a Glock 10 round mag that fits my current G43. I’d rather have a 10 round Glock mag than after market Extensions.

I run the NDZ +2 baseplates and they are awesome. Perfect size

Meh, call me when Glock makes a single stack, 10 rnd, model 19.
Make it easier to rack the slide, with steel sights, more ergonomically correct, better stippling and no finger grooves.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I’m very happy with TT’s +3 mag for the 43. You can buy them assembled already with new spring. Have several and not one issue with them after hundreds of rounds each. Pretty small footprint also for a small +3 mag.

Back
Top Bottom