• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock: The Rise of America's Gun

Realtor MA

NES Life Member
NES Member
I picked it up a couple weeks ago through one of those bargain e-book e-mails I get (bookbub or e-reader) for less than 2 bucks. I'm probably a little more than halfway through it and I think it's a great read. A great look at the firearm business with great insider sources. Viva la Gold Club!

One of the most interesting books I have ever read. Not just a gun book but a history of how one man and his crafty smarts, use of girls and booze, marketing, discounts to law enforcement, and savvy forward thinking changed the way for the culture of hand guns. A must read.

Thanks for the recommendation. I used one of my Audible credits and look forward to listening to it. Driving 2-1/2 hours a day helps the time go by.

Update: Finished the book. Amazing. Will give it another read hardcover as I just bought it from Amazon. Thanks again! Oh and I decided to significantly increase my Glock collection! What fun!

Last edited:
Is this book on the approved books roster, or the AGs list of books approved for Massachusetts residents?

it's on the list, but you don't get all the pages. The MA compliant version is only allowed to hold half the pages...[smile]

Thanks OP. Just checked out the audiobooks for the glock book and the Chris Kyle book. FYI: The minuteman library network has both e-book and audiobook format available for download.

Just finished listening to the whole game-of-thrones series, and need something when stuck in traffic.

Halfway through the Audio Book. Sounds like the Glock guys played it right, and shoved S&W to the corner for quite a while.

I thought this was a good book until it started harping on "common sense gun laws". You can stop reading/listening around chapter 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a bit busy with work and other stuff so haven't gotten much further. Looking forward to the rest of the book. Thanks for all of your comments.

Ugly dude just like the gun.

But I must say I like my ugly Glock.

View attachment 149037

Ugly dude but hot new wife.... [rofl]

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...n-Glock-84-expecting-baby-with-blonde-wife-33

- - - Updated - - -

Glock: The Rise of America's Gun

They're making Glocks in the USA now?

Like Don says, they make the 42 and 43 here, and they make other guns here as well, either whole or in part. My G34 from a few years ago doesn't say "Austria" anywhere on it.

-Mike

I thought this was a good book until it started harping on "common sense gun laws". You can stop reading/listening around chapter 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm finding the exact opposite. Book gets better and better!

Back
Top Bottom