Glock slide RMR cut question

chindogg

NES Member
So I got a new G19 slide with the RMR cut. I want to mount the ADE optic that I had on my Canik. I am a little confused about getting the correct adapter plate. Any info would be great. Thanks!

If its the MOS model, they come with the adapter plates.

If it was custom cut specifically for an RMR , you might need have a custom plate made and redrill for a new bolt pattern.

Can you take some photos?

According to their website (probably want to double check yourself), the pattern is Sightmark/Burris Fastfire. This is their Glock plate. I assume that means Trijicon RMR, but again, you'll want to confirm yourself. One question though is to confirm what pattern you got cut. I think the standard is Trijicon RMR, but some companies will cut others.

If it's an MOS use use the RMR plate (or a CHPWS MOS plate) and get an RMR or a Holosun, if it is cut specifically for an RMR get an RMR or a Holosun.
If you want your red dot to fail in short order use an adaptor plate for a cheap optic.

Have you checked with ADE to see if they have any recommendations? This is why I love the MOS system - it comes with 4 plates that handle substantially all of the current red dots on the market.

Yes, which is why i asked for photos in my previous post. It sounds like it was milled for a Trijicon RMR hole pattern.

Everyone keeps referencing the MOS system. Going by the original post he bought or had a slide cut for an RMR, not an MOS slide.
Which is why I why I said he should get a quality optic like an RMR or Holosun. Those will work on an MOS also, unlike a cheap optic which might work and then shit the bed. [laugh]

Which is why I why I said he should get a quality optic like an RMR or Holosun. Those will work on an MOS also, unlike a cheap optic which might work and then shit the bed. [laugh]

I dont think the brand of optic is in question here, its the hole pattern between different brands. If it was a standard slide custom cut and drilled for the Trijicn RMR hole pattern ( with specific dimensions for the Trijicon brand ) you dont need an mos plate since the plates themselves have two different patterns, one for the standard Glock hole pattern in the factory slide and another hole pattern for the 4 or 5 different red dots available. Which is why the MOS version comes with a few different plates.

I dont think the brand of optic is in question here, its the hole pattern between different brands. If it was a standard slide custom cut and drilled for the Trijicn RMR hole pattern ( with specific dimensions for the Trijicon brand ) you dont need an mos plate since the plates themselves have two different patterns, one for the standard Glock hole pattern in the factory slide and another hole pattern for the 4 or 5 different red dots available. Which is why the MOS version comes with a few different plates.
The brand of optic is definitely in question. [laugh]

Yeah, its a $50 red dot. I get that.

Does his ADE red dot have the same footprint and hole pattern as a Trijicon RMR ?

Yeah, its a $50 red dot. I get that.

Does his ADE red dot have the same footprint and hole pattern as a Trijicon RMR ?

Probably not, hence the thread. OP - like I said in post #6, call ADE and ask them what type of plate would be needed to mount on a Glock, then see if you can find a RMR to X plate that will allow you to mount it on your newly cut slide.

Back
Top Bottom