• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Slide Refinishing?

SFC13557

NES Member
Picked up a LEO turn in Gen4 G19 with holster wear on the front of the slide, any recommendations for refinishing in the area or beyond? CeraKote?

Attachments

• G19 Slide.jpg
    G19 Slide.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 64
Nonsense, Glocks look better worn.

View attachment 627258
Just ask @allen-1 ;)
1591869809653-png.364283

gotta be some hard use right there. i still own my original g2's bought in 1992 with trillions of rounds through them (that gen2 frame design with no finger index is a fav) and my guns still look new. that finish is virtually indestructible. but if you will really feel better with a refinish, send it back to the homeland in georgia. they'll do it cheaper than anyone if you just want an original finish.

That’s so minor, I needed to zoom in to even really see it. For a LEO trade in, that’s extremely minor wear.

The wear of the dark color does not effect the anti-rust treatment of the metal (Glock has it's own term, but it's basically a Melonite finish with great anti-corrosion properties). I would not even think of refinishing it.

Had one that was pretty nasty on the outside
Looked like it was someone’s under the seat gun !
For 20 years!!!
Internals were cherry
Friend at range started mocking me for such a POS
He ragged on, having a good time for himself😂

Came time to leave & I put pistol in bag and said to him
“ you know that Glock has been cerecoated to look beat up, right ?

Not another word from him
I laughed all the way home

gotta be some hard use right there. i still own my original g2's bought in 1992 with trillions of rounds through them (that gen2 frame design with no finger index is a fav) and my guns still look new. that finish is virtually indestructible. but if you will really feel better with a refinish, send it back to the homeland in georgia. they'll do it cheaper than anyone if you just want an original finish.

I read that gen 4 were supposedly one of the weaker slide finishes when it comes to scratching and wear, but that's still all superficial and doesn't nothing against performance, accuracy, or reliability.

op, if you really feel the need, you can go through the expense of sending the whole pistol back. glock will go through it and change out any worn parts for nothing. of course you need to pay for the slide refinish out of pocket. i've sent them a couple of tired looking police turn ins and they do send you a baggie with the original parts that they changed. if you have an original extractor, they will swap out a new style with the "feel it" loaded chamber indicator. they sent my old one back but i didn't ask for a new one to be installed. do it...you know you want to... [laugh]

My prediction is you drop it the second after you have it refinished..

Do what you want, my opinion is it’s a waste of money. But I’ve been known to waste money on stupid things

You can send it to Glock to refurbish if you want but it’s so minor that if you’re going to pay for refinishing then I’d want to go with something different. Some camo cerakote or something. And then krazy kustoms would be a good choice

carry it for a couple of years, and then if it wears more send it out.

I'm the fussiest guy in the world when it comes to finishes, but that is not something I would even consider sending out.

Back
Top Bottom