• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock slide polishing..

I would never remove the Tenifer coating. I did polish all my internals in my Glocks, and it did smooth the trigger up a tad. If you need help with it, I've done it enough to do it for you.

I would never remove the Tenifer coating. I did polish all my internals in my Glocks, and it did smooth the trigger up a tad. If you need help with it, I've done it enough to do it for you.

I polish my internals too, especially with a 3.5 rocket trigger, nice smooth pull.

- - - Updated - - -

you...clean yours?

hahaha I would never do this to a carry gun or a duty gun, just as a range gun to show off.

I have tried the mirror polishing thing on my Glocks, and I believe you can get smoother action by just buffing everything lightly with some emery cloth. The smoother a surface is, the more contact area it presents to whatever it is sliding across. More contact area = more drag, and a greater likelihood of "stick-slip." If you just buff everything up a bit without excessive polishing, you leave some microscopic texture on the surfaces which actually slides better than a mirror polish on non-lubricated surfaces.

Tenifer is not a coating. Its a process that hardens the steel. So hard that you can use a glock slide to sharpen a knfe.

After the Tenifer process, a black Parkerized finish is applied and the slide is protected even if the finish were to wear off.

You can remove it and the tenifer treatment is still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tenifer is not a coating. Its a process that hardens the steel. So hard that you can use a glock slide to sharpen a knfe.

The black coating is just that. A coating like paint or a chemical that darkeens the metal.
You can remove it and the tenifer treatment is still there.

I learn something new everyday. I still would never do this to any of my guns now, but I can see myself buying a G26 or a G21 as a project gun and polishing the barrel on that. I'd get a G22 but I can't stand .40

louis-vitton-duracoat-glock-pistols.jpg

I'm getting this done up on a G21. (no homo)

-___- please tell me your kidding

Polishing a Glock... = [puke]

I never understood that fetish. (And that's basically what it is).

-Mike

Ahahahahahaha it looks pretty nice though. As I said in an earlier post, never do it for a duty or a carry gun, just a show gun.

It's a Glock. Glocks are not "show" guns. Do you polish hammers? That's what polishing a Glock is like.

-Mike

I loved to bling my glock. I'm in progress installing 2 set gangster sight on the glock slide (both left & right side). This will allow ambidextrous sight for both left and right hand gangster shooter. Laser engraved LV on the slide is awesome. I might add Gucci and Prada logo too.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

id love to get my M&P slide polished then have a clear coat over it...then the frame done in tactical gray but leaving the back strap black...and no I don't care if you like the idea, I do [laugh]

Dom

If you really want a nickel-plated sissy pistol, why did you buy a Glock?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never consider polishing a glock because they are not good looking guns to begin with inmo. They are utilitarian tools with purpose, and that purpose does not involve "show". 1911s, or something more aesthetically pleasing are better candidates for polishing, engraving, or other detailing, at least inmo. I have had thoughts lately of polishing my SR1911 since it's all stainless anyway. I just don't really like the 2-tone look of guns with polymer lowers at all. I really want a PM9 for a new carry gun, but can't seem to ever find an all black one. Seems like the 2-tone is all I ever see for sale either new, or used. I'm all for polished internals for function, though.

Back
Top Bottom