Glock "safety" plus "good" holster can cause this

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/f...n-cause-accidental-discharges/comment-page-1/

Now of course the holster sucks but can someone describe to me a scenario of a glock not being discharged with its "safety" on where without it it would be discharged.

Before you start getting red. I love glocks. Own few of them but I think they are either for open carry or for winter. because other than plastic (which prints) holster I think its dangerous. Yeh crossbred and others is great leather. But leather will go soft one day.

PS

yeh yeh eyh the best safety is in your head
someone tell this guy to quit being cheap and buy a holster that fits the pistol. Not a universal one.

That question might actually matter if people with brains expected that safety to do anything useful, it really doesn't. I'm not sure if its true or not, but I actually heard that it was intended more of a drop safety than anything else- to keep the trigger from moving under its own inertia if the gun was dropped.

This "problem" you are trying to invent isn't exclusive to Glocks, either. a Kahr, an XD, an M&P, etc, could have all discharged with a similar act of lunacy behind the gun. [laugh]

-Mike

It MIGHT not have happened with an XD, grip safety would have needed to be pressed as well as the trigger safety on the XD.

That being said he's still retarded... I got a $40 old faithful holster kydex+leather and it works great and keeps the gun safe.

<ERMAHGERD>
HERD YER KERDS, HERD YER WERFER
GLERCKS SHERTIN ERVERERN ERP ERN HER
</ERMAHGERD>

People shoot themselves because they are ****ing morons; Gaston Glock didn't sneak up on this mental midget and pull the trigger.

How DARE you expect people take responsibility for their own actions! That's not how we do things in a civilized society, we blame the people that make money for the behavior of idiots.

Get in line or go for re-education camp!

I just bought a new holster because of this thread. I ordered a Comp-tac Infidel IWB. So, thanks.

This.

When you blame the object, you remove the responsibility from the dumbass doing the dumbass thing. Whether it is using a gun while committing a crime or shooting himself because you are using garbage equipment.

He looks like the kind of dumbass who would pour gasoline on the grill to start it, then blame the can manufacturer for poor design after he was discharged from burn unit.

Anyway, even if the concensus was that the holsters was not a piece of shit, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that that rig was unserviceable and should have been replaced a long time ago. This guys sounds like a moron.

Last edited:
Anyway, even if the concensus was that the holsters was not a piece of shit, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that that rig was unserviecable and should have been replaced a long time ago. This guys sounds like a moron.

The bullet should have skipped his leg and went straight for his junk based on holster decision.

I don't understand why people buy shit holsters... This is something at is used in a system to protect your life with! And in the state of Massachusets The system that makes sure you can keep. protecting your life with where sutibilty can be concerened. Guy is a moron. Don't tell me he couldent affoard it. I belive it said he was coming in from a resteraunt... Eat at home a few times with the money saved buy a decent holster!

The holster in question is not a G&G, it's a Galco JAK-202.... its a piece of shit. It has "gay" written all over it.

-Mike
+1

Anyone who admits to owning a Galco has something wrong with him.

OP, this whole scenario is one big long train of fail. The facts of the case support neither of your conclusions about the suitability of Glock pistols.

Silly question here but here goes......I have never fired or hendled a glock but from the research I gather it is a hammer strike pistol with no external safety....only a button on the trigger. Anyone ever herard of this type of incident coming from a double action revolver? I know my double action trigger is quite stiff so i'm pretty sure I'd realize if I were holstering my gun and caught the trigger and the hammer started to come back......and when I holster my sp101 I watch the gun go into the holster as i place it in just to be sure. Is a glock trigger pull that light that if you caught the trigger you would not notice it being depressed?

+1

Anyone who admits to owning a Galco has something wrong with him.QUOTE]

I disagree. While I am aware that they do have sell some holsters that are total crap, I have a King Tuk that is higher quality than a SuperTuck, a Miami ClassicII that is great and a Royal Deluxe Horse hide that is decent

Silly question here but here goes......I have never fired or hendled a glock but from the research I gather it is a hammer strike pistol with no external safety....only a button on the trigger. Anyone ever herard of this type of incident coming from a double action revolver? I know my double action trigger is quite stiff so i'm pretty sure I'd realize if I were holstering my gun and caught the trigger and the hammer started to come back......and when I holster my sp101 I watch the gun go into the holster as i place it in just to be sure. Is a glock trigger pull that light that if you caught the trigger you would not notice it being depressed?

It is a striker-fired pistol -- no hammer.

The Glock trigger pull is relatively short and the stock weight is around 6 lbs or so. Yes, you might not know if the trigger was being depressed. But this sort of accident has happened with guns that have significantly stiffer triggers with longer pulls. The prototypical example is someone accidentally leaves their finger on the trigger while holstering -- the gun keeps moving downwards, into the holster, but the holster stops the trigger finger and the finger stops the trigger. I know of at least one such accident that occurred at a training school, and the student was using a DA/SA SIG (I think a P229). The SIG has a DA trigger that is about as heavy and as long as a revolver trigger. And sometimes, such as in the dark, you can't watch the gun into the holster.

So while a revolver is, in some ways, more resistant to this type of accident than a Glock, it isn't immune to it.

Last edited:
This whole thread has been a dupe. Video and duscussion all repeated from last year.

That being said the conclusion was that the holster was not made for a glock. I think it was a beretta 92 holster.

The guy was an idiot.

The extra leather left when using the smaller gun is what caused the firing. Had nothing to do with glock safeties or quality of the hoster.

I'm curious how he got that chopstick? to illustrate the angle of the shot so fast while still bleeding. With a PROPER fitting holster that COMPLETELY covers the trigger guard this would not have happened. He should have seen this coming unless of course he was blind.

I'm curious how he got that chopstick? to illustrate the angle of the shot so fast while still bleeding. With a PROPER fitting holster that COMPLETELY covers the trigger guard this would not have happened. He should have seen this coming unless of course he was blind.

Probably taken after the fact. Police or insurance paperwork.

Then again, I stand behind my original ruling that he is a retard... So he could have done it at the time and while bleeding been like... Damn! This would make a great thread!

Looking at the pics...
It seems to me that his holster was working as you'd expect. Seeing as he seemed to add the "auto trigger pull" feature to it.

This whole thread has been a dupe. Video and duscussion all repeated from last year.

That being said the conclusion was that the holster was not made for a glock. I think it was a beretta 92 holster.

The guy was an idiot.

The extra leather left when using the smaller gun is what caused the firing. Had nothing to do with glock safeties or quality of the hoster.

OOooooh Going the "Custom tactical" route for the class 7 Uber Fail Malfunction!

Obviously, He's NOT "AN OPERATOR" trained in such ninja TAC-FU.

People who have non shit holsters (leather or kydex ) that actually pay attention while they're re-holstering don't have this problem. [thinking]
-Mike

I wear a canvas holster (that's considerably softer than leather)....nary an issue with M&P45 or P229. Like Mike said, pay attention and this is a non-issue.

I wear a canvas holster (that's considerably softer than leather)....nary an issue with M&P45 or P229. Like Mike said, pay attention and this is a non-issue.

I've used an Uncle Mikes holster for about 3 years with no problem. I just now replaced it with an Infidel from Comp-Tac.

Back
Top Bottom