Glock "safety" plus "good" holster can cause this

CAESAR

NES Member
http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/f...n-cause-accidental-discharges/comment-page-1/

Now of course the holster sucks but can someone describe to me a scenario of a glock not being discharged with its "safety" on where without it it would be discharged.

Before you start getting red. I love glocks. Own few of them but I think they are either for open carry or for winter. because other than plastic (which prints) holster I think its dangerous. Yeh crossbred and others is great leather. But leather will go soft one day.

PS

yeh yeh eyh the best safety is in your head

WOW, I have been carrying in a Gould Goodrich leather holster for years and it is still tight as a drum.

Wow. Lucky guy all he got was a little flesh wound.

I only use Milt Sparks and Don Hume IWB's for any of my pistols but holy shit yeah, I'll be sure to keep an eye on how the leather wears in over time. [shocked]

That one has already made the rounds here. You can tell by just looking at that crease, that, that holster should have been retired long ago and wise probably not a wise choice for a Glock in the first place

WOW, I have been carrying in a Gould Goodrich leather holster for years and it is still tight as a drum.

The holster in question is not a G&G, it's a Galco JAK-202.... its a piece of shit. It has "gay" written all over it.

-Mike

Yup, that's a dupe. And a holster that worn out isn't a good holster. That doesn't worry me in the least. Take a look at your frickin' holster when you put it on and if it is a worn-out POS, then replace it. It isn't hard.

The holster isn't to blame. The Glock isn't to blame. The only one to blame is the cheap-ass dufus who was too cheap to replace his holster a long time after it should have been clear to him that it needed to be replaced.

I've had three leather Galco holsters. All three were crap from the get-go.

So he had actually been aware of the problem ( A crease forming dangerously close to the effing trigger ) and then chose to do nothing about it, besides being careful... that's is not an acceptable response to me, color me shocked.

He should have replaced the holser at the first sign it was no longer holding it's integrity. I don't see how a crossbreed or kinktuk type holster will have that issue, and if mine does, or looks to be developing, I will repace.

That one has already made the rounds here. You can tell by just looking at that crease, that, that holster should have been retired long ago and wise probably not a wise choice for a Glock in the first place

Long ago? The guy had it for over a year

Yup, that's a dupe. And a holster that worn out isn't a good holster. That doesn't worry me in the least. Take a look at your frickin' holster when you put it on and if it is a worn-out POS, then replace it. It isn't hard.

The holster isn't to blame. The Glock isn't to blame. The only one to blame is the cheap-ass dufus who was too cheap to replace his holster a long time after it should have been clear to him that it needed to be replaced.

I've had three leather Galco holsters. All three were crap from the get-go.

This exactly. these threads always bother me a little, it's sort of a similar mindset to anti's... it wasn't glock, it wasn't the shitty holster even, it was the human who effed up, yet the title is talking about the gun and holster "causing" the discharge, instead of the human being negligent.

Right on. This just in when your cheap as shit piece of shit holster is worn out and floppier than liz warrens douchebag. Replace it or take a bullet in the ass.

This exactly. these threads always bother me a little, it's sort of a similar mindset to anti's... it wasn't glock, it wasn't the shitty holster even, it was the human who effed up, yet the title is talking about the gun and holster "causing" the discharge, instead of the human being negligent.

This.

When you blame the object, you remove the responsibility from the dumbass doing the dumbass thing. Whether it is using a gun while committing a crime or shooting himself because you are using garbage equipment.

Safeties and holsters are made as a safety net when human drops the ball. If you are perfect you can easily carry 1911 in position one with safety off and the grip safety pressed or removed. If you stick it into the right holster.

No one answered my question though. Under what scenario the glock safety is going to be useful?

Last edited:
Safeties and holsters are made as a safety net when human drops the ball. If you are perfect you can easily carry 1911 in position one with safety off. If you stick it into the right holster.

No one answered my question though. Under what scenario the glock safety is going to be useful?

When dropped onto a hard surface muzzle up.

Safeties and holsters are made as a safety net when human drops the ball. If you are perfect you can easily carry 1911 in position one with safety off and the grip safety pressed or removed. If you stick it into the right holster.

I carry a 1911 and I do so cocked and locked. But I also carry a Glock and a Kahr. Personally, I don't think any of them is significantly safer than the other (except that the 1911 isn't drop safe).

Stop focusing on the Glock safety. That isn't the lesson to be learned here. The lesson to be learned here is to not use worn-out, POS holsters.

That question might actually matter if people with brains expected that safety to do anything useful, it really doesn't. I'm not sure if its true or not, but I actually heard that it was intended more of a drop safety than anything else- to keep the trigger from moving under its own inertia if the gun was dropped.

This "problem" you are trying to invent isn't exclusive to Glocks, either. a Kahr, an XD, an M&P, etc, could have all discharged with a similar act of lunacy behind the gun. [laugh]

-Mike

Right on. This just in when your cheap as shit piece of shit holster is worn out and floppier than liz warrens douchebag. Replace it or take a bullet in the ass.

Yup. That article was a joke to me. I guess it can wake some shooters up but you should always check your holster, at least once a week at best.

I like it when a gun goes bang if the trigger is pulled. I'm not seeing the problem here.

Exactly my thoughts when reading this article.

I dont have any experience with this holster but when I looked it up after reading it looks like a piece of shit, and as drgrant said it has gay written all over it. Regardless, the holster nor the glock is to blame. That holster is beat to shit and this aforementioned "problem" should have been and probably was caught a while ago. Something like this doesn't just happen instantly, this problem was discovered some time ago and the owner was too cheap and/or lazy to replace the holster. Any competent gun owner inspects his equipment and pays attention when re-holstering his weapon.

If you have a car with an auto trans that slams into gear on every shift, is the car to blame when the transmission shits the bed because you've been driving it like that for months?

People who have non shit holsters (leather or kydex ) that actually pay attention while they're re-holstering don't have this problem. [thinking]

I actually had this problem.. I was paying attention while re-holstering my unloaded and field stripped Glock and the sonofabitch started shooting! I was lucky enough to get out of the way... but I can not say the same thing about the school full of students down the road.

Back
Top Bottom