• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock refusing to do business in MA?

As I said in a previous thread, this has been confirmed by firearms distributors. You call em to order Glocks and they say "Nope, Glock told us not to sell to MA.".

I'm feeling deja vu reading this, because like 6 or 7 months ago? people were saying the same things.

-Mike

That's why I questioned it and was looking for a confirmation. Peicemaker appears to have confirmed it in post #8 (noted above), but didn't offer any other info.

I'm not going to question the validity of this, but it was not made up. It came from Dury's Gun Shop wherever they are located, dated as of 8/24/16.

https://www.durysguns.com/services/law-enforcement

I don't see anything in your post or at the URL to say that Glock won't ship to MA.

I will tell you that the legit LE disties for Glock have "territories" and can't ship into other territories. So likely they can't ship into MA, but for territorial reasons rather than any other reason. I'm sure that Interstate and Atlantic Tactical would be more than willing to sell Glocks to LEOs in MA, and deliver same (Interstate will only ship to another FFL, no direct sales . . . I almost bought a LE Glock there some years ago).

Note: Glock is suing the AG, not the other way.

True, but the lawsuit was in response to her "demanding" information from Glock about accidental discharges (Glocks going off by themselves). There's no doubt that if there was even one instance of this happening, she would have filed suit against Glock.

Same with Remington...this woman is out of control with our tax dollars that could be put to good use somewhere else, e.g., raises for the Legislature, nepotism, expanding and making new state agencies, etc.

I don't see anything in your post or at the URL to say that Glock won't ship to MA.

I will tell you that the legit LE disties for Glock have "territories" and can't ship into other territories. So likely they can't ship into MA, but for territorial reasons rather than any other reason. I'm sure that Interstate and Atlantic Tactical would be more than willing to sell Glocks to LEOs in MA, and deliver same (Interstate will only ship to another FFL, no direct sales . . . I almost bought a LE Glock there some years ago).

That's correct; I never stated that Glock is refusing to ship to MA. In my OP, I stated that a friend of mine, an ex-FFL was told by another non-stocking FFL (as he described the FFL) that Glock was refusing to or was going to stop shipping to MA. All I was doing was asking other FFLs if they knew anything about this for confirmation.

Not enough..... if there is a large percent of them serious about their pledge to defend and up hold the Constitution they should petition their chiefs to deny helping the AG and her un constitutional and abuse of power.

I agree. Some do take it seriously and others not so much. Let's face it, not everyone understands what we go through here in MA. LE has had the privilege of having a bubble around them sheltering them from this nonsense so some fall in to that crowd. With that bubble popped or threatened, more will wake the hell up.

During the GOAL rolling rally I was up front with the motorcycles next to the two Troopers that were providing support for the ride. Someone noticed that they were both carrying S&W M&P 9mm handguns instead of Glocks. They indicated they were carrying the S&Ws for a bit now. Overall would make sense seeing S&W is a MA located company.

During the GOAL rolling rally I was up front with the motorcycles next to the two Troopers that were providing support for the ride. Someone noticed that they were both carrying S&W M&P 9mm handguns instead of Glocks. They indicated they were carrying the S&Ws for a bit now. Overall would make sense seeing S&W is a MA located company.

Are you sure that the firearms were 9mm? MA state troopers have been carrying M&P .45s since about 2011 unless they recently switched over to 9mm.

For me, this is not an issue. I can't go to a LGS and purchase a new Glock, and if I want a used one it is at least 20% more than new. Glock did me no flavors, so if LE can't get them I ready don't care.

For me, this is not an issue. I can't go to a LGS and purchase a new Glock, and if I want a used one it is at least 20% more than new. Glock did me no flavors, so if LE can't get them I ready don't care.

It wasn't Glock that refused to sell guns in MA. it was the BS AG's Consumer Safety Regulations that stopped Glock sales.

Maybe not... Best response is ALL police details refuse to provide her any coverage.

back in the 90's i used to see a porsche parked near the old bpd headquarters (berkely or clarendon st?) MA license plate DETALZ (might have been DETALS)

Last edited:
So the others made theirs compliant but Glock didn't care enough about this market.
Pretty sure they tried to make it compliant and were told it wasn't good enough then Glock was also denied when they asked for something specific to follow that would make it compliant. So the response from AG was basically "you're wrong and I'm not going to tell you why".

I agree. Some do take it seriously and others not so much. Let's face it, not everyone understands what we go through here in MA. LE has had the privilege of having a bubble around them sheltering them from this nonsense so some fall in to that crowd. With that bubble popped or threatened, more will wake the hell up.

Not until all exemptions are dropped and LEOs have to leave duty arms at the station and private arms are not allowed on PD property will they even begin to see.

Not until all exemptions are dropped and LEOs have to leave duty arms at the station and private arms are not allowed on PD property will they even begin to see.

That would definitely have the effect. I don't see that happening anytime soon, however no one thought the AG would pull this ugly rabbit out of a hat either. I disagree with the "begin to see" part though. If you think they are completely blind to what's going, guess again.

That would definitely have the effect. I don't see that happening anytime soon, however no one thought the AG would pull this ugly rabbit out of a hat either. I disagree with the "begin to see" part though. If you think they are completely blind to what's going, guess again.

Not Blind, but not impacted and not really giving two shits (for the most part). They still get paid, they still get to buy what they want, and the non-gunnie cops really don't want citizens to have them. It's a strong win in their book.

Not sure if serious, most LEOs wouldn't care because most of them view guns as appliances. There are exceptions, and most of them already support us, but thanks for playing. I'm not sure why gun owners get a murderboner parroting this "I hope the kopsch get ****ed!" we found unicorns, phantasm, as if it's actually going to do anything tangible, although I would admit that if certain "non LE" restrictions, for example, like the NY and CT capacity bans, were forced on everyone (not just the citizens) and the kopsch were forced to obey that shit too, the unions actually would probably do something and go apeshit over it, for a change.

Not Blind, but not impacted and not really giving two shits (for the most part). They still get paid, they still get to buy what they want, and the non-gunnie cops really don't want citizens to have them. It's a strong win in their book.

The non gunnie cops aren't "buying what they want" anyways because they're annoyed with even having to carry a gun on duty to begin with.

-Mike

Last edited:
State Police never carried Glocks, they were issued Sigs and now M&P's.

The non gunnie cops aren't "buying what they want" anyways because they're annoyed with even having to carry a gun on duty to begin with.

-Mike

This, folks here can't seem to absorb this. Most cops in MA are either anti or ambivalent and would just as soon be issued a nice Cross Pen and not have to carry a gun at all.

They don't buy guns, ammo, mags. They use what they are issued but ONLY when they are paid OT and GIVEN the ammo to shoot.

So I just tried to order a Glock from my distributor

And.........
924ce88d849f912ff42abc1791da9ee8.jpg

Not a Glock guy but does this really matter? At least for us, not FFL's?
The 'list' doesn't matter to us so......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom