Glock Question

LuvToGoFast

NES Member
1. Is it true that if you have a Glock 20, you can shoot .40 if you use a glock 22 barrel?

2. Also it is true that If you have a Glock 22, you can switch to a Glock 31 Barrel to make it shoot .357 Sig
And with a Conversion barrel(and Mag) it will shoot 9mm...

3. Would that mean that if you Start with a Glock 20, with barrels and Mags, it could potentially shoot all 4 calibers?

It dosen't sound right but i'm bored at work.

I can shoot three calibers with my Sig p226, 9, 40 and 22 with separate slides, barrels and mags. So other than mags and barrels you may need different slides too.

40 and .357Sig are easy, just a barrel swap to go from one caliber to another, the magazines don't need to be swapped either.

I thought I read the extractors were the issue for using 9mm conversion mags and barrels in a G22.

As for 10MM, I guess it too would rest on the ability of the extractor to work with the different cases.

Lone Wolf makes a 9mm conversion kit for the G20, from what I saw there was a requirement to change the recoil spring too

I can shoot my G23 as a 40, change the barrel to a G32 357 Sig barrel and shoot 357Sig without any other changes even the mag can be used for either caliber. With a 9mm conversion and 9mm mags I can shoot 9mm the only other change for 9mm is the recoil spring. No need to change ejector or extractor.

Wait. You shoot 40's from a 10mm bbl????

I guess its possible. Like 38 in a 357bbl or something. Both headspace on the extraction-groove?? Provided that is the case. I'd have to go look at a pistol to see if it's a shoulder or more of a cone. I wanna say it's a shoulder, which means you should be careful firing 40's in a 10mm.

Interesting.

I get the .40 in a Glock 20 thing, not that'd I do it, 10mm isn't all that expensive or unavailable and I have a .40 if I want to shoot .40..

But what I wonder about is on the other conversions, if you are re-using the slide, are you ever sighted in right after a barrel change?

(Maybe you are I'd just anticipate having to push sites around, not really something you want to do much)

The extractor - the metal poker that removes a round from a full magazine- has a different angle.

9mm < .40

extractor:-a part of a firearm that pulls the spent round out of the chamber. ejector:- a part of a firearm that throws the spent round out of the firearm.

The 9mm ejector is slanted further in.

I would not bet my life on a barrel change unless the ejector matches.

You can get a new ejector by switching the trigger housing.

1. Is it true that if you have a Glock 20, you can shoot .40 if you use a glock 22 barrel?

2. Also it is true that If you have a Glock 22, you can switch to a Glock 31 Barrel to make it shoot .357 Sig
And with a Conversion barrel(and Mag) it will shoot 9mm...

3. Would that mean that if you Start with a Glock 20, with barrels and Mags, it could potentially shoot all 4 calibers?

It dosen't sound right but i'm bored at work.

Even if any of these things actually work, the end result is always AIDS.

-Mike

Wait. You shoot 40's from a 10mm bbl????

I guess its possible. Like 38 in a 357bbl or something. Both headspace on the extraction-groove?? Provided that is the case. I'd have to go look at a pistol to see if it's a shoulder or more of a cone. I wanna say it's a shoulder, which means you should be careful firing 40's in a 10mm.

Interesting.

.40 Short & Weak out of a G20.

Shooting 40 in a G20 is not a good idea the 10 mm barrel is chambered much deeper the the 40. The 40 round is not able to head space properly and is just hanging on the extractor. This is a good way to destroy the extractor or have an unsupported 40 round come apart in the chamber. This is not advised. If you have a G20 or a G21 you can swap calabers using conversion barrels and different magazines. There are 40 conversion barrels available for the G20 and you can use the same 10mm magazine for the 40. No other changes except a recoil spring if the 40 ammo dosent eject properly.

Doing Glock conversions on the G22 and G17 you can only convert a G22 with a conversion barrel because of the breach cut in the slide the breach cut on the G17 slide is too small to convert to 40 there are no conversion barrels to convert a G17 to 40 for that reason the same goes for the G19 and G23. I have been doing Glock conversions for a long time including some odd ball calibers and have a great deal of experience. If you have any questions contact me.

a glock 20 can accept conversion barrels for .357 sig, .40 S&W, or 9mm dillon (9x25)
I might be missing some other very random chambering? some will shoot .40 through it but the cartridge will headspace on the extractor rather than the chamber (suboptimal). I have a 357 sig conversion barrel for the G20 and shooting even the warmest underwood ammo feels like mouse fart.

G22 barrel itself would not directly fit into a G20

Last edited:
.357 sig barrel and .40 barrel can be swapped in the g22/g23/g27 no problem.

As far as converting to 9mm, to do it right ur gonna spend a couple hundred in parts so imho you'd be really better off just spending the extra money and getting a g19/g17/g26 so u dont have to play musical parts.

As far as the g20/g21 go those are a larger frame and slide and dont really make sense to convert down. 10mm and 45acp is about the same cost as .40 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom