• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Pre Ban Mag$

there are guys with a half dozen of them in their closet who don't even realize they are worth extra.
that, yeah, absolutely. some estate sales can be other source. may be some with enough determination can find them, but, usually it is scalpers who get them first now.
and as long as uneducated people support scalpers and buy at their prices - it is all rather futile.

ps. AR pre-bans are easy enough to find, really. when i wanted them, i got 5 of them for, do not recall even, at $25 or $35 each, including the new followers for the upgrade. not a $12, but, not a retarded reptiles $275 neither. i think it was also during covid vacation year, when i had nothing better much to do. :)

Last edited:
it is still utterly unrealistic to keep saying that those items can be found now, in 2023, 'easily' for $40-$60. noway nohow nowhere. a $40 preban - it is what it was 10 years ago.

It's not unrealistic because it makes absolutely no sense to flip mags if you have to have that much capital tied up in them especially in a situation where suddenly the market can change and then you lose all the fluff value. Any flipper that's paying more than like 30-50 bucks for one of those things is basically a retard or they're lying to you about what they actually paid. It doesn't make economic sense to buy from an expensive source.

You're almost as crazy as anyone who actually paid those prices. You spent literally years peddling those mags, patiently waiting to take advantage of some newbie gun owner who doesn't know any better. Good for you, I guess :rolleyes:

If the buyer is that stupid amd doesn't question the price they're literally the entire problem. If people stop paying retard prices, eventuallly the retard prices go away. 🤣 especially considering that those mags are basically a luxury item for ma pant shitters.

i think it was possible to find them may be back in 2015-16 in other states, may be, i think it was 2019 when i asked some of friends i still had in MO to find me some old squared notch glock mags and was told they were all gone, both from stores and gun shows all the same.
but i never cared much to hunt them down, just use new factory 10rd gen5 mags now and do not care.

it is still utterly unrealistic to keep saying that those items can be found now, in 2023, 'easily' for $40-$60. noway nohow nowhere. a $40 preban - it is what it was 10 years ago.
A late acquaintance of mine paid $25 for a square notch G 19 preban in the Tampa area in 2021. There was also hundreds of AR and AK used mags available but he wasn't able to verify if they were true prebans or not. He didn't know which manufacturer's went out of business before the ban or which manufacturer's didn't date stamp their mags.

There is no way that I am paying one cent over MSRP for a mag.

giphy.gif

It's not unrealistic because it makes absolutely no sense to flip mags if you have to have that much capital tied up in them especially in a situation where suddenly the market can change and then you lose all the fluff value. Any flipper that's paying more than like 30-50 bucks for one of those things is basically a retard or they're lying to you about what they actually paid. It doesn't make economic sense to buy from an expensive source.

I think mag bans will lose in court within the next 2-5 years, I hope the flipped feel the burn

I think mag bans will lose in court within the next 2-5 years, I hope the flipped feel the burn

Maybe, I hope so. But I don't think the flippers will get hurt much because they don't pay much for their stuff to begin with. It will be fun to see them essentially forced to go
fleece someone else. Maybe theyll move onto baseball cards or beanie babies or something and just f*** off.

Maybe, I hope so. But I don't think the flippers will get hurt much because they don't pay much for their stuff to begin with. It will be fun to see them essentially forced to go
fleece someone else. Maybe theyll move onto baseball cards or beanie babies or something and just f*** off.
c'mon, there always will be some 'pre-healy' shit to peddle out there. and morons who are ready to buy some stripped ar lowers at $1500 apiece.

i see all the time on the gunbroker a shit like 'rare glock pre-ban magazine, 10 rounds capacity'. and it gets sold, like, a $75-$90 range.

Graphics cards

Graphics cards

After Ethereum changed their mining BS to make it pointless that bottom fell out of that market, hard. Now all these crypto miner types are trying to unload clapped out graphics cards that theyve been ranking on hard @ 100% utilization for 24 x 7 x 365.... yeah the market for nearly burned out GPUs is burgeoning. [rofl]

After Ethereum changed their mining BS to make it pointless that bottom fell out of that market, hard. Now all these crypto miner types are trying to unload clapped out graphics cards that theyve been ranking on hard @ 100% utilization for 24 x 7 x 365.... yeah the market for nearly burned out GPUs is burgeoning. [rofl]
You realize I was joking, right? [thumbsup]

You realize I was joking, right? [thumbsup]
nvidia does not seem to realize.
gotta burn and crash hard as well.

as amd did with they shitty latest 7000 cpus no one wants as you need to dump a perfectly fine mobo and memory you just got for a 3000 series.

Those electronic trump pics he just released are limited edition! Could be a flipping gold mine 😂

A nice but dopey aunt bought every beanie baby when they came out, bought 5 of each, one for each grand kid. She’d wait in parking lots for hours waiting for the stores to open. I told she was crazy, she said they’d pay for their college in 10 years. She would put each one in a zip lock bag and Rubbermaid bin. Whatever they retailed for, she probably bought 1000 of them total. So probably $5k for worthless trinkets.

I originally planned to buy some prebans for my g19, but after considering the price, and the fact that they are polymer and plastic will degrade over the decades, it's just not worth it. If I ran across a square notch for cheap I'd buy 1 or 2, but I'm not exactly looking for one.

As mentioned, metal mags can be expected to last much longer. Baretta prebans still sell for less than some brands charge for new, and theyre metal. New springs and they are good for another 30 years. If you want to run prebans, go with a 92fs, p226, maybe a CZ, etc

Or get some parts kits. When zombies come and the MA government no longer exists go ahead and assemble (IANAL, DYOR)

I originally planned to buy some prebans for my g19, but after considering the price, and the fact that they are polymer and plastic will degrade over the decades, it's just not worth it. If I ran across a square notch for cheap I'd buy 1 or 2, but I'm not exactly looking for one.

Agreed, and chances are, you're already close to end of life for these 30-40 year old mags. I bought 4 G19 prebans around 2018. 2 were U-notches, 2 were squares. I believe I paid $65 ea for the U-notches and $80 ea for the squares. Of those 4 mags, only 1 square survived. Being old as dirt, they just broke. 2 split down the witness holes and 1 had the baseplate lips shear off.

Granted, those prices would actually be considered cheap by today's pricing standard, but I still consider it not worth the money spent. I'll only consider preban mags now that are all metal construction.

The best way to tell what something is worth is by seeing what others pay for the same item.

Gunbroker provides that information.

You can also search the NES classifieds:

So there you have it, Pre Bans are worth $250.

Bump
Bump
And another 45 Bumps.......

The best way to tell what something is worth is by seeing what others pay for the same item.

Gunbroker provides that information.

You can also search the NES classifieds:

Holy shit. This right here is why I don't even bother to look on NES or in Massachusetts in general when I have been looking for "preban" stuff.

There is nothing in the law that prevents you from repairing a split magazine with proper repair parts.
How do I document a mag body in my repair parts to replace a G19 u notch with a crack?

Is that enough to stay out of prison for a 10 year felony charge on a post ban mag?

I never heard of a square not failing or cracking.

That’s why they cost $275.

Decent insurance to stay out of jail for a mag that would last forever.

How do I document a mag body in my repair parts to replace a G19 u notch with a crack?

Is that enough to stay out of prison for a 10 year felony charge on a post ban mag?

That’s why they cost $275.

Decent insurance to stay out of jail for a mag that would last forever.
Don’t ever change.

Look up a few posts. Actually, here, I'll quote him:

I bought 4 G19 prebans around 2018. 2 were U-notches, 2 were squares. I believe I paid $65 ea for the U-notches and $80 ea for the squares. Of those 4 mags, only 1 square survived. Being old as dirt, they just broke. 2 split down the witness holes and 1 had the baseplate lips shear off.
There, now you have.

Squares seem to be the more survivable of the prebans because of full metal liners. U-notch, on the other hand, with their only partial metal liner, are the ones that seem to crack more often because the plastic itself is partially stressed under load--hence the bulging and lack of drop free. The one square I owned that broke was the one where the baseplate lips sheared off.

Back
Top Bottom