• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Pre Ban Mag$

There's lots of prebans for sale around here if you look around. Just saw a Gen2 G17 with 5 preban mags for sale for $250 at a pawn shop.

Carrying 30 year old plastic mags in a carry gun is simply a bad idea. I'll take a 10 rounder that definitely works over a 17 rounder that might work any day.
Obligatory, "Out the shop"

There's lots of prebans for sale around here if you look around. Just saw a Gen2 G17 with 5 preban mags for sale for $250 at a pawn shop.

Carrying 30 year old plastic mags in a carry gun is simply a bad idea. I'll take a 10 rounder that definitely works over a 17 rounder that might work any day.
Except Glock cripple mags have a reputation for being unreliable with JHPs.

I’ll take the extra 5-7 and will replace the internals if I ever get that worried about it.

I’ll take the extra 5-7 and will replace the internals if I ever get that worried about it.
Indeed.

10 round Glock mags don't work well with Hollow Points. They are great on the range with target ammo and you can drop them without worrying about an expensive replacement.

If you get a brand new Pre Ban, you wont have to replace the internals.

I personally haven’t had much luck with the 10 rounders. Consistent FTF from 2 that I own in 2 different pistols. I found that the spring binds causing the FTF. Now I just use them as bench blocks to work on my PCC

My experience with 10 rnd mags has been mixed. My g3 19 had the occasional issue. My g4 had a few issues up until it became a dumpster fire at 7400 rnds. It has run incredibly well with everything since I had it refurbed. I'm around 2800 rnds in. My g4 17 has run since new with no issues. The g5 ran fine until 6000 ish rnds. Also fine since I got it back from Glock after a refurb.

Buy said geezer-glock. Ship Glock to FFL in MA. Sell for $600. Profit so far - $300 after expenses.

Take 5 preban mags. Sell on NES for $150ea. $750.

Buy brandy-new Glock whatever with 5 brandy-new regular-cap mags and pocket. . . . $400?

Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.

Buy said geezer-glock. Ship Glock to FFL in MA. Sell for $600. Profit so far - $300 after expenses.

Take 5 preban mags. Sell on NES for $150ea. $750.

Buy brandy-new Glock whatever with 5 brandy-new regular-cap mags and pocket. . . . $400?

Doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.

I could also keep the frame and sell everything else on NES if I cared. But I don't.

I should've been more specific: I'd rather get a G30/26/48/etc and carry standard 10rd mags than pay $100+ per mag for my G19/17/etc. In fact, I have been carrying a G30 for the last several years and I'm only now going back to a G19 (with pre-bans purchased at reasonable prices) because I wanted a red dot.

it is still utterly unrealistic to keep saying that those items can be found now, in 2023, 'easily' for $40-$60. noway nohow nowhere. a $40 preban - it is what it was 10 years ago.

Easily? No.... but you can bet your ass most of the flippers and people reselling them aren't paying much for them. These things are junk box magazines in any other context outside of this shithole. Paying more than like $30-$50 for those things is retarded. The flippers ain't paying more than that.

10 round Glock mags don't work well with Hollow Points. They are great on the range with target ammo and you can drop them without worrying about an expensive replacement.

10 round glock mags work just fine with anything, please for the love of christ, stop trying to peddle your garbage everywhere. It's insufferably lame. [rofl]

IMHO it's pure garbage, get your gun repaired or get the mags repaired, one or the other is broken. I usually use normal shit with my guns, but ive also owned metric shit tons of cripples as well, and never had a problem with them regardless of bullet type.

10 round glock mags work just fine with anything, please for the love of christ, stop trying to peddle your garbage everywhere. It's insufferably lame. [rofl]

IMHO it's pure garbage, get your gun repaired or get the mags repaired, one or the other is broken. I usually use normal shit with my guns, but ive also owned metric shit tons of cripples as well, and never had a problem with them regardless of bullet type.
Look it up on Glock Talk.

This has been an ongoing issue for years and Glock has admitted as such.

If you look hard enough this has also been covered in industry blogs for almost 20 years.

I disagree, but if Reptile keeps liking my posts I reserve the right to reconsider my position.

But once you realize that a bad cop is going to jam you up whether your regular cap mag is pre-ban or not, your perspective changes…
The bigger issue is if you have to use a firearm in self defense. In some states, an obvious case of self defense would result in no charges, LTC loss, or anything.

In MA, expect the result to be more like "The shoot was justified, but the ADA wants a win - can we get the gun owner on anything else?".

- Expect effort to be expended to research the ban status of any > 10 round mag
- If that fails, expect the prosecutors to look for something else - like did you unsafely store the gun by setting it out of reach so you do not appear to be a threat to responding officers
- And if they can't get you on that, were you double parked at the time of the incident?

Last edited:
Look it up on Glock Talk.

This has been an ongoing issue for years and Glock has admitted as such.

If you look hard enough this has also been covered in industry blogs for almost 20 years.

Yeah, go on GT if you want to get your brain filled with shit, really fast. [rofl] no thanks.

Signed, a guy that has sold thousands of cripplemags and never had anyone bitch about them (Well, other than them being crippled).

Additionally Magpul makes 10rd mags that seem to work just fine in Glocks too, FWIW. So there's that, if an alternative is needed.

Just so happens that I just did an inventory of my pre-ban mags. At rapetile valuation, I have a nice nest egg for retirement. [rofl] At reasonable prices, well, it's nothing special.

Yeah, go on GT if you want to get your brain filled with shit, really fast. [rofl] no thanks.

Signed, a guy that has sold thousands of cripplemags and never had anyone bitch about them (Well, other than them being crippled).

Additionally Magpul makes 10rd mags that seem to work just fine in Glocks too, FWIW. So there's that, if an alternative is needed.

Aaaaaactually, I've had issues with Magpiul Glock mags. LOL. No. Seriously.

Paying more than like $30-$50 for those things is retarded
if you have some extra square notch g17 mags you want to sell me for $50 - i will gladly get a couple. i do not need them that much, but i can spend a $100 on them.
will you sell me some?

Aaaaaactually, I've had issues with Magpiul Glock mags. LOL. No. Seriously.

Get your gun fixed or something. 🤣 I'm not familiar with this planet you guys are (apparently) on. I have piles of glocks, piles of oem mags, piles of magpuls..... and they all work.

Back
Top Bottom