• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock owners

GSSF - Glock Shooting Sports Foundation.

Its a practical shooting league supported by Glock.

I don't know if they still do it, but back when I was more involved, part of the buzz was that they gave out a free Glock to everyone who finished 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, etc.

So other than the guy who came in first, it was pretty much like a raffle with a 1 in 5 chance of winning a new gun.

Don

GSSF - Glock Shooting Sports Foundation.

Its a practical shooting league supported by Glock.

I don't know if they still do it, but back when I was more involved, part of the buzz was that they gave out a free Glock to everyone who finished 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, etc.

So other than the guy who came in first, it was pretty much like a raffle with a 1 in 5 chance of winning a new gun.

Don
Cool! Their service is ridiculous (in a good way). How do we set this up with them?

They are never going to officially have one in MA, due to the AG and the regs, but we can un-officially do one if we get access to some targets, stands and some steel playes at harvard. Have a NES GSSF match :)

Met up with Mike-Mike this AM. He was great. Tried 3 Glocks and although none fit the bill for me. I enjoyed shooting them. The best part was what I left there with....more knowledge and an improvement on my shooting skills, thanks to Mike. He showed me a few things I was doing wrong and helped me out correcting them. I think I owe them a clothes pin. LOL

Thanks again Mike, it was much appreciated.

Met up with Mike-Mike this AM. He was great. Tried 3 Glocks and although none fit the bill for me. I enjoyed shooting them. The best part was what I left there with....more knowledge and an improvement on my shooting skills, thanks to Mike. He showed me a few things I was doing wrong and helped me out correcting them. I think I owe them a clothes pin. LOL

Thanks again Mike, it was much appreciated.

Comeon Al,

Which ones did you try and which ones did not fit the bill?

Don

p.s. I may be heading to HSC Monday AM. if you are around. I put over 1500 rounds through my G19 this week and it ran flawlessly.

Don,
I just sold my P938. The 43 was just as small in my hand. The 26 was nice but the thickness with the short grip wasn't just right. With the extended mag it was awesome, but like Mike said, if you're going to use the 26 with the extended mag, you may as well get the 19. The 19 is great. I fired enough to know that the 19 was the most comfortable and the 43 and 26 won't do it for me.

Don,
I just sold my P938. The 43 was just as small in my hand. The 26 was nice but the thickness with the short grip wasn't just right. With the extended mag it was awesome, but like Mike said, if you're going to use the 26 with the extended mag, you may as well get the 19. The 19 is great. I fired enough to know that the 19 was the most comfortable and the 43 and 26 won't do it for me.

I know the G4 fanboys will say only get new, but I like all 4 of my Gen II glocks better, 19,19,21,30

I know the G4 fanboys will say only get new, but I like all 4 of my Gen II glocks better, 19,19,21,30

I'm glad you like your Gen IIs. Do you really have two 19s, or is that a typo? For various reasons, it's a great idea to have two of whatever your EDC is (no need to answer if you really have two, but kudos if you do).

I'm not a Glock "fanboy," but I would say that with the Modular Back Strap System it's nice to be able to have a smaller or larger grip on the Gen4 than you get on the earlier generations unless you have expensive custom work done. For me, the Gen4s made the difference between shooting well with a Gen4 or having to look for another brand of pistol because the earlier Glock models didn't work for me (proper alignment of the pistol with my forearm and trigger reach issue).

Also, I really like the grip texture much better on the Gen4s... no slippage when your hands are wet (training in the rain), so I imagine that texture would help with bloody hands as well.

I totally agree with you mike-mike about the 26 with extension , i still have one 26 that sits in the safe, but the 19 is carried more now than ever because of it

They are never going to officially have one in MA, due to the AG and the regs, but we can un-officially do one if we get access to some targets, stands and some steel playes at harvard. Have a NES GSSF match :)

North East Glock Shooters Sports Federation Ultimate Competition

NEGSSFUC!

The AG can sit on it. It's completely legal to have an official Glock competition in MA. Possession of a Glock isn't a crime, but Glock USA might be hesitant to sponsor it. Quite sad.

I'd definitely be up for this meetup at HSC after the breakfast, it sounds like fun. I love shooting the G23. I'm looking to pick up a 30SF next.

That is what i mean as glock will never sponsor one because the crappy AG regs..

I would love to enter a gssf to try and win a glock.

I would be more than willing to let you shoot my gen 3 G22 or Gen 2.5 G27. Dimensionally, they are the same as the 9mms, though the .40 has a little different (more) recoil. I can also let you try and Advantage Arms conversion on the G22. Next week, I can also make a 29SF available for you to try. I shoot out of Monson.

Back
Top Bottom