Glock or XD, which is better?

XD is better. It goes on first and cleans the hair. Glock is better. It leaves the hair silky and smooth. Oh, really, fool? Really.

For the money, I would say go with the Glock. The fact of the matter is both are essentially "illegal" to us little peons in MA (yes, they got on the list, but then good ol' Coakley rejected it for those who are not LEOs). However, there are several ways you can get a hold of these pistols legally. The problem I find is with the XDs (especially compacts) is that the owners are SCREWING you because they know the legal XDs are rare. That is why I ended up buying Glock instead. Actually, I got two.....one Glock 33 (compact with .357 and .40 barrels) and one Glock 30 (compact in .45 ACP). Both were Gen. 3 Glocks. When I've seen nice XDs, people had them for well over $1k, I paid $800 for each of my Glocks (now, those were whole packages, I would guess the factory items alone should go for $600 - $650). I love how they shoot and have had no problems. I haven't personally fired the XD alternatives, but at the price most are selling.....I'll stick with my Glock. That is just my two cents.

Last edited:
The problem I find is with the XDs (especially compacts) is that the owners are SCREWING you because they know the legal XDs are rare. That is why I ended up buying Glock instead. Actually, I got two.....one Glock 33 (compact with .357 and .40 barrels) and one Glock 30 (compact in .45 ACP). Both were Gen. 3 Glocks. When I've seen nice XDs, people had them for well over $1k, I paid $800 for each of my Glocks. .

Too funny

Attachments

• irony2.jpg
    irony2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 6
For the money, I would say go with the Glock. The fact of the matter is both are "illegal" to us little peons in MA. However, there are several ways you can get a hold of these pistols legally. The problem I find is with the XDs (especially compacts) is that the owners are SCREWING you because they know the legal XDs are rare. That is why I ended up buying Glock instead. Actually, I got two.....one Glock 33 (compact with .357 and .40 barrels) and one Glock 30 (compact in .45 ACP). Both were Gen. 3 Glocks. When I've seen nice XDs, people had them for well over $1k, I paid $800 for each of my Glocks. I love how they shoot and have had no problems. I haven't personally fired the XD alternatives, but at the price most are selling.....I'll stick with my Glock. That is just my two cents.

Utter bullcrap. they are not illegal to us "peons" as you put it. Their is no onus on us to own them. It is on the FFL who sells/transfers them. The guns arent "legal" or "illegal". they are MA-compliant and not MA-compliant. Learn the not so subtle difference.

ETA: There are no MA compliant XDs, bnut there ARE MA compliant Glocks, so you got even THAT wrong.

Oh, and you are commenting about how it is ridiculous someone paid 1k for an XD yet you paid 800 for each of your glocks?! THAT is some funny crap right there.

Last edited:
[popcorn] this never ends well...

personally, like them all, but I can see where people are coming from with regard to the glock grip angle issues, but I like the 3rd gen glock finger grooves. Still undecided on the RTF2 glocks... Never held an xD I didn't like, especially like the xDm. But, I like me a good Sig too...

Yes, [popcorn]. I can't believe this thread took this long to get people flinging poo at each other.

BTW, XD's are better because Glock's explode. [devil2]

Utter bullcrap. they are not illegal to us "peons" as you put it. Their is no onus on us to own them. It is on the FFL who sells/transfers them. The guns arent "legal" or "illegal". they are MA-compliant and not MA-compliant. Learn the not so subtle difference.

ETA: There are no MA compliant XDs, bnut there ARE MA compliant Glocks, so you got even THAT wrong.

Oh, and you are commenting about how it is ridiculous someone paid 1k for an XD yet you paid 800 for each of your glocks?! THAT is some funny crap right there.

Okay two points here. First, yes, you are right about the FFL. I should have been more clear, but the result is that it is still difficult to get, as you rely on FTF. Second, both Glocks were Gen 3 and were entire packages (yes, I should have mentioned that before). One included the extra factory barrel, 3 extra mags, and much more. The other included extra mags and all kinds of customizations. So no, the $800 was not just for the items as they ship from the factory.

I felt the same, but over time I found there are numerous websites showing Glocks still firing under hideous conditions (dirt, water, sand, being dropped from a plane). Now, I've never had a problem with ANY Glock. You really just shouldn't put non-jacketted ammo through it (yes, I know Mike is going to disagree). Sigs are still my favorite from a quality perspective, but they don't produce the same variety of compact/lightweight guns.

Damn, if I knew guys were getting 1k+, I would have sold my XD40 Subcompact a long time ago. [rolleyes]

Hey, if you have an XD 45 compact for under that we need to talk!!! After 6 months I can't find them. I saw one on here a month or so ago....they wanted $1400....I couldn't pay that much for a $600 gun.

Yes, [popcorn]. I can't believe this thread took this long to get people flinging poo at each other.

BTW, XD's are better because Glock's explode. [devil2]

LOL, reminds me of one of my favorite old Man Show skits [laugh] Any gun will go boom with excessive chamber pressure, one example that I've personally seen is two SW99's with blown out triggers & cracked frames from the same thing.

Personally I prefer Glocks, they have a much better trigger reset. The XD is a fine handgun as well though.

Glock - KISS = win

XD - better LCI, cocked indicator and grip safey...

whatever, I have both but carry my Glock 40 (fotay) [laugh]

i also have an M&P with a standard, MA trigger I like too.... [rofl]

You know, people can disagree on points. You are being petty an small.

You know, the post I replied about to you was mostly about FACTUAL information you had WRONG.

I saw that G33 in the classifieds, and it is a fantastic gun, I am glad you enjoy it. I regret selling mine, but it funded other toys that I really enjoy, too. I am not debating the opinion between XD and glock. I love them both, I own both. Each does something different for me. The only gun I have a strong opinion about is the M&P series. I do not like them one bit.

if i've got one for $999, do you want it?

Wow, thanks for the buck. Not like I've done business with you before or anything!! LOL

In all seriousness, If someone has a XD 45 compact for a reasonable price, let's talk. The $1k number was a generalization, but any reasonable offer on a complete kit I want to consider.

You know, the post I replied about to you was mostly about FACTUAL information you had WRONG.

I saw that G33 in the classifieds, and it is a fantastic gun, I am glad you enjoy it. I regret selling mine, but it funded other toys that I really enjoy, too. I am not debating the opinion between XD and glock. I love them both, I own both. Each does something different for me. The only gun I have a strong opinion about is the M&P series. I do not like them one bit.

So let's put it in more generals terms. On average, I see more reasonable deals with Glock compact packages than I do with XD compacts. Does that sound better?

So let's put it in more generals terms. On average, I see more reasonable deals with Glock compact packages than I do with XD compacts. Does that sound better?

yeah, "reasonable" can be subjective, but yes, especially as of late, I do agree. PArt of that also has to do with the fact that before this compliance crap was developed, Glock was already make some models of their guns as Gen 3. XD was built after the compliance stuff came in, so they were NEVER allowed to be transferred to us peons. But, yes, I agree.

Wow, thanks for the buck. Not like I've done business with you before or anything!! LOL

In all seriousness, If someone has a XD 45 compact for a reasonable price, let's talk. The $1k number was a generalization, but any reasonable offer on a complete kit I want to consider.

just kidding, no xd 45s. I didn't pay over MSRP for my xds or glocks.... but I can certainly understand why someone would drop twice MSRP on a gun they really want, especially in this state. I'd do it, should I really want the gun in question.... Supply and demand, if you want it, sometimes you gotta put your money behind it.

Back
Top Bottom