Glock MOS Slide

EddieZoom

NES Member
Currently shooting a Gen4 G17 for IDPA. Thinking of getting a MOS G17 slide so I could shoot USPSA Carry Optics with the same gun (slide change only after adding a red dot).

Anybody doing this ? Good idea or stupid idea ?

You'd also probably want some differently configured magazines for carry optics. CO allows for as many rounds as you can stuff into your mag as long as it's 140mm long or less. You could shoot with 10 rounders but you'll be at a bit of a disadvantage.

I just put together a CO Glock for my wife. Due to this stupid state and the cost of pre-ban 9mm mags I went with 40 minor. The fact that I already owned 13 pre-ban square notch 40 mags and, 7 with 140mm extensions made the decision for me. I ended up picking up a police trade in 22 and had the slide milled locally. I'd compare the cost of MOS slide (+ all parts if you get it bare), a used slide + machine work, a whole gun + machine work. Personally unless it's a significant savings I'd rather have two full guns than 1.5 guns ;-)

FullSizeRender (2).jpg FullSizeRender (1).jpg

ˆˆ I agree ˆˆ

You should consider having your current G17 milled for your optic, which may save you a little money and allows the optic to sit lower than on the MOS because it doesn't require the mounting plate.

I had this done to my G17 by Primary machine and I'm happy with the results. It ended up costing me around $300 which included the milling for my optic (which I sent in with the slide), a new milled dovetail in front of the optic for co-witness rear sight, included new Dawson Precision front and rear night sights, and cerakote finish. Money well spent in my opinion.

Glock Optic Milling

Back
Top Bottom