• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock model

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
So my beloved, but much abused Glock 19, gen 2 that I've had since the late 80s went back to Glock for a repair and it came back with a gen 4 frame. The serial number went from 2 letters and three numbers to one letter and 6 numbers.
I really liked the gen 2 as it was. I'm going to call Glock and see if they have any gen 2 frames so I can put it back like it was. I doubt they do, otherwise they wouldn't have given me a gen 4, but it can't hurt to ask.
But now that it's a Frankenglock I wonder what model I should call it. Maybe a gen 2/4.
What do you think?

So my beloved, but much abused Glock 19, gen 2 that I've had since the late 80s went back to Glock for a repair and it came back with a gen 4 frame. The serial number went from 2 letters and three numbers to one letter and 6 numbers.
I really liked the gen 2 as it was. I'm going to call Glock and see if they have any gen 2 frames so I can put it back like it was. I doubt they do, otherwise they wouldn't have given me a gen 4, but it can't hurt to ask.
But now that it's a Frankenglock I wonder what model I should call it. Maybe a gen 2/4.
What do you think?

Wouldn't that be 1/2?

What was the problem to begin with? Was it something that you could have foreseen them replacing the frame for?

If you don't want finger grooves, ask Glock to send you a Gen 5.

Their customer service is second to none and they just might send you a Gen 5.

Never understood why people get so picky about finger grooves and rails, you're only ever going to use it once. Remember, pull trigger, count to 3, throw, and cover!

I prefer gen 2 as well. And I have a gen 2 with a gen4 slide. (Runs great.)

I think gen 2 slides on gen4 frame is a no go.

I was always told that Gen 2 and 3 work together but Gen 4 is unique to itself mostly, as is Gen 5.

alright, first, op, not calling you out here. glock fans have been told you can't use a gen 2 slide on a gen 4 frame and glock sending you a 4 frame back with your gen 2 slide...well, put yourselves in our shoes.

i just put a gen 2 slide on my poor, brand spanking new, bought 5 years ago and never had a reason to use it because of the plethora of glocks i own, gen 4. gonna be hard to explain without photos.

it fits and cycles, but...looks silly as hell because at the very front of the gen 4 frame, there is more room to accommodate the double spring fixture, which is larger than on the single spring unit. when you look at the gun from the front, well, it's like having a window big enough to look right in. i don't know if this is a safety issue but sure will let dirt and debris in no problem. so much for the "dust cover."

my best guess is they sent back a gen 3 frame. the 4 would have interchangeable back straps. did they send the extra back straps as well?

Michelle Viscusi is a Glock Model...

michelle+glock+smirk+axa+.jpg
017fd3eba4b6bc59ef77f24e50d946bb.jpg
michelle+glock+purp+.jpg

Michelle-Viscusi6.jpg

Last edited:
alright, first, op, not calling you out here. glock fans have been told you can't use a gen 2 slide on a gen 4 frame and glock sending you a 4 frame back with your gen 2 slide...well, put yourselves in our shoes.

i just put a gen 2 slide on my poor, brand spanking new, bought 5 years ago and never had a reason to use it because of the plethora of glocks i own, gen 4. gonna be hard to explain without photos.

it fits and cycles, but...looks silly as hell because at the very front of the gen 4 frame, there is more room to accommodate the double spring fixture, which is larger than on the single spring unit. when you look at the gun from the front, well, it's like having a window big enough to look right in. i don't know if this is a safety issue but sure will let dirt and debris in no problem. so much for the "dust cover."

my best guess is they sent back a gen 3 frame. the 4 would have interchangeable back straps. did they send the extra back straps as well?
Ah, that makes sense. It must be a gen 3 frame, I guess. It has an accessory rail and finger grooves and it looked like a gen four when I looked up a pic. But you're most likely correct.
Either way, I was perfectly happy with my old gen 2 and for reasons that make zero sense I liked the small serial number.
I shouldn't complain. Glock put a brand new frame on a thirty-something year old gun for free after I beat the snot out of the old one.

I'm betting you could put up a WTT in the ads and trade your Franken for an ancient Gen2. Someone would want to upgrade. Especially someone wanting to try that CAA MCK thing. (Although they may be fudged by the slide as well. But you need a Gen3-5 frame. And no, a P80 won't work, I tried.)

Back
Top Bottom