Glock model 20, 10mm

paracarry

NES Member
I saw a Glock 20, 10mm, in a local shop, just curious, if there is much interest in them anymore, ammo being pricey and all. It was in excellent condition with 3 prebans. I am not a big Glock guy, I do have a few but this was the first I had seen. Anyone?

I saw a Glock 20, 10mm, in a local shop, just curious, if there is much interest in them anymore, ammo being pricey and all. It was in excellent condition with 3 prebans. I am not a big Glock guy, I do have a few but this was the first I had seen. Anyone?

15 rounds of 10mm is pretty awesome.

They always seem to sell pretty quickly whether it be on NES or in a store. Someone posted on on here a couple of weeks ago around noon and it was gone by the afternoon

Great gun, great caliber, if you reload it is even better.

It is the gun that should have been out there as an alternative to the .45ACP but there were law enforcement agencies that could not handle the power so once the LEO market was gone it really became an orphan round.

15 +1 200 grain buffalo bore rounds on tap.... Thats Chocked full of bad ass. However I think a glock 21 with a aftermarket 6 inch 10mm barrel may be a better option. Or you could always get one of each!

Had a guy shooting a G20 next to me on an indoor range, holy crap was that loud, the muzzle flash was impressive too.
He said they were handloads, but not the hot ones. [rolleyes]

I going to be getting a 10mm barrel for my 21 shortly. I love my 21 and it's 14 round capacity, but the 10mm round seems like a fun beast to shoot.

Have a 29 with the big mags...as said above...you get a lot of looks. Just got a 40 barrel for it too...fun, but not nearly as fun as unloading 16 buffalo. Id get it, and if not, ha send me a PM ill go get it!

Sonny had a Bren Ten and a Colt Delta Elite, but both were custom made in 9mm-blank since no one was making 10mm blanks at the time.

I have a Glock 20 10mm with an after market 4.6" and 6" barrel (and a .40 S&W barrel). I love it.

I also have a Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander, love that one as well.

Yes it's pricey to shoot if you don't reload (more incentive to reload) but it's a blast.

While they're not generally mainstream, there is interest in them and they're rare enough that interest is generally at or above supply, so they sell quickly. One of these days, I still need to do a 10mm carbine project gun.

Buy it, you wont regret it, i shoot my G20 better than my G23. If you search enough online you can find "cheeper" good ammo. My Father shot it and he absolutely loves shooting it, its not the same recoil as say a 357 mag, it feels better. It's just big and badass!!!!

You can also convert the G20 to shoot .40 S&W, .357 sig and 9x25 Dillon with a KKM conversion barrel or barrel from Storm Lake, Lone Wolf or others.

Yes you can, and it is funny to watch the .40 short and weak brass just dribble out of the ejection port because it is softer then the 10mm. It is pretty good for running failure drils. [laugh]

I had a G20, it was nice. Sold it because I thought I was getting out of MA sooner rather than later [frown]. I made up for it with a Colt Delta Elite and a S&W 1076 though [smile]

I need to get one at some point. Perfect woods gun imo. Check out the hand load data, some impressive loads from 135 gr all the way up to 200gr

sent it....from the Evo

Yes you can, and it is funny to watch the .40 short and weak brass just dribble out of the ejection port because it is softer then the 10mm. It is pretty good for running failure drils. [laugh]

I have a heavy wolf recoil spring in mine and don't bother swapping it out when I run .40 S&W through it. I don't have problems with failures - though you're right, the .40 S&W brass makes a neat little pile just right of your firing position while the full house 10mm brass flies across the room.

I have a heavy wolf recoil spring in mine and don't bother swapping it out when I run .40 S&W through it. I don't have problems with failures - though you're right, the .40 S&W brass makes a neat little pile just right of your firing position while the full house 10mm brass flies across the room.

I am using a .40 barrel in my G29 with the OEM recoil assembly, so that is most likely why I occasionally get failures to extract.

I need to get one at some point. Perfect woods gun imo. Check out the hand load data, some impressive loads from 135 gr all the way up to 200gr

sent it....from the Evo

Yup. It's my carry of choice while hiking in NH. And Double Tap offers 2 different 230gn bullets. Their stacked "Equalizer" (135gn JHP over 95gn lead ball) and a 230gn hard-cast, gas-checked lead flat nose. Just in case 200gn isn't enough bullet for you

- - - Updated - - -

I am using a .40 barrel in my G29 with the OEM recoil assembly, so that is most likely why I get failures to extract on occasion.

Does the G29 use a two spring progressive recoil assembly?

Back
Top Bottom