• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock magazines in MA

If a person has an LTC large capacity w/out any restrictions, and they purchase a glock 17 gen 2, what is the best way to obtain extra magazines that are "preban", I have read & heard that you aren't able to use new magazines as they aren't made before a specific date (September 13, 1994) and aren't preban.

Along with this, if I can find a preban magazine with more than 10 rounds, is that legal if it was made before that date (September 13, 1994)?

So basically, I'm interested in buying a glock from fsguns but the used glock they have for me only comes with 1 magazine, I want this for a range gun and obviously that would get pretty annoying to just have 1 mag.

Not $200. unless they are the 30+ rd mags that were made for the G18.

Myself, and many others sold pristine G17 U-channel mags for $70 each. The elusive square backs do go for more money but in the $90-110 range.

It's like saying pre-ban Colt 9mm AR mags sell for $200. They show up at that price on NES but the ads seem jus sit there and build up bumps. I find that asking price absurd, since UZI mags are convertible and readily available for about $25, so buyers are asked to pay $175 for the last round hold open feature.

come to a gun shop in New Hampshire and rifle through the bins of use magazines and see if you can find one sometimes you can even get the shop owner to swap out new magazines into a trade in that has pre bans. personally I prefer 10-round magazines for target shooting over high-capacity.I find it easier to load 10 10 round magazines then it is trying to stuff 17 or 33 rounds into a magazine and break my thumb in the process

come to a gun shop in New Hampshire and rifle through the bins of use magazines and see if you can find one sometimes you can even get the shop owner to swap out new magazines into a trade in that has pre bans. personally I prefer 10-round magazines for target shooting over high-capacity.I find it easier to load 10 10 round magazines then it is trying to stuff 17 or 33 rounds into a magazine and break my thumb in the process

Now this is the type of reply we like to see. Thank you for the input sir, have a great rest of your weekend.

Get a bunch of nice, new reliable 10 round mags and work on your reloading skills. You will find that if you want to start Shooting matches, having 10 ten round magazines will be much better than 2 or 3 of the 17 rounders.

the same is true for just shooting at the range. I tell most people to just load 5 at a time when practicing. By forcing yourself to stop and reload you can think about what you are doing right or wrong and work on it.

op, i have 3 tired u notch g17 mags, 2 with a little bit of splitting along the back seam, nothing a little gorilla tape won't fix. but i'll sell all 3 to you for $365. go green and i'll take 10 bucks off for ya.

Did you ask Carl if they have any in stock? Also try Precision Point in Woburn, he gets them occasionally. Or just buy a couple of brand new 10 rounders for about 25 bucks a pop.

PS just to be clear, magazines over 10 round capacity, unless you are a cop, must be of pre random date in 1994 (effective date of the Federal AWB)

10 round or less capacity can be manufactured on any date right up til now

There are TONS of 10 round magazines out there new or used, for short money

Unless you have a friend that has them that isn't going to rape you you're going to overpay for them. just stick with any decent 10 round mag and forget about the idea if you're concerned about staying legal. Or if you're traveling in states far from Mass go to gun shops, and look in the junk bins, you might be able to find an old square notch or u notch. that isn't going for cosby rape prices, otherwise the flippers get a hold of them and then charge over a hundred bucks for them at this point..... basically after Obama got elected the cheap pre bans all dried up.... The flipper culture, combined with ignorant nipplehead post 2013 gun owners basically ruined any chances of you getting something that was reasonably priced on the open market. Once the flippers started getting a boner basically they bought up all the cheap prebans, and just sat on them for a few months, and then now they're rolling them for two to three times for what they cost. Don't blame them for being capitalist but the basic deal is they wouldn't be priced that way unless people were paying too much for them.

Not even worth wasting the time to do it- the flippers have already scoured most of the adjacent States... I know this because I was one of those dudes that used to go through the bins.

I visit Alabama often enough and check any gunstore I see and scour any gunshows I go to down there. There are none hiding away down there, the market is too efficient and out-of-state sellers are wise to it, they realize what they have.

Not $200. unless they are the 30+ rd mags that were made for the G18.

Myself, I and many others sold pristine G17 U-channel mags for $70 each. The elusive square backs do go for more money but in the $90-110 range.
fixed your english. Myself. lol. rarely used correctly in a sentence and this is not an instance of correct.

Because you recently sold them for $70 is only proof of you under selling the market, not proof that the market is that low.

Current market prices
u-notch $100-$120
sq-notch $200-$250
32rd glock $300+++

u-notch was pretty solid at 80-90 before covid and then spiked

Yes, you can always find someone under selling the market, if you try hard enough, but if you want to get the mag, now, then the pricing is at least where I state above and possibly higher. It has not stopped rising during covid + riots.

I will buy u-notch by the pickup truck at $70 each and the same for sq-notch at $110. That leaves significant room for profit. Fewer mags available + more glock owners = higher prices

fixed your english. Myself. lol. rarely used correctly in a sentence and this is not an instance of correct.

Because you recently sold them for $70 is only proof of you under selling the market, not proof that the market is that low.

Current market prices
u-notch $100-$120
sq-notch $200-$250
32rd glock $300+++

Yes, you can always find someone under selling the market, if you try hard enough, but if you want to get the mag, now, then the pricing is at least where I state above and possibly higher. It has not stopped rising during covid + riots.

I will buy u-notch by the pickup truck at $70 each and the same for sq-notch at $110. That leaves significant room for profit. Fewer mags available + more glock owners = higher prices
Thanks for the grammar correction.

Wow, I didn't know that they spiked that high. I sold off all my U-notch mags over the last 6 months. The last 3-some were sold to a former co-worker probably a month or so pre-CV-19.

I have a ton of pre-ban AR mags to get rid of but haven't posted them yet.

Wow, I didn't know that they spiked that high. I sold off all my U-notch mags over the last 6 months. The last 3-some were sold to a former co-worker probably a month or so pre-CV-19.

Len, I don’t think you were wrong. Yes, gun broker charges a hefty premium for anything labeled “pre ban” that’s nothing new. They are definitely readily available for $70-80. It doesn’t take a lot of work- a day or 2 of looking through NES or armlist and they come up. In the peak of Covid I bought a Glock 17 pre ban mag for $75 shipped and 2 Glock 19 pre bans for $100 total. I found, and purchased them the same day I got my LTC. It isn’t rocket science people lol just gotta keep your eyes pealed.

Last for the OP, I didn’t take note of which models they were, but I saw a number of various Glock pre bans go on NES this afternoon for under a hundred. I’ve noticed people tend to post pre ban WTS ads Thursday-Monday on armslist and NES. Just careful of armslist scams, if it’s too good to be true then it probably is.

Current market prices
u-notch $100-$120
sq-notch $200-$250
32rd glock $300+++

Not all that long ago there was no dealer that would ever do this... demand must be enormous to make buying at 70 a good idea. Judging from what I have seen the past few weeks, it certainly smells like it is. When I was working shows several years ago (think like 2013-16) the deal was more or less that those things were basically junk, you got them for dirt or as mint frosting when you bought old pre 98 glocks, picked them out and priced at 50-60 bucks just because of desperation/moron factor. Hell I used to just give away U notches to friends because while still useful, I hate the f***ing things. [laugh] I will say that I have noticed that after sandy hookmaster a lot of stuff that was just ensconced in a cloud of BS has actually turned into a market reality. That's when the flipper culture in gun stuff really went into overdrive gear, because of the flood of new gun owners not being of the same archetype as the ones before that. The willingness to pay stupid prices definitely changed. Before Sandy Hookmaster it didn't take much of a price hike before people would stop buying. Nowadays with this covid shit there are a lot of people doing the pant shitting hysterics dance, flapping arms and all...

Back
Top Bottom