Glock magazine warranty question

Wickedcoolname

NES Member
Years ago I sent an older G19 to Glock for service and they sent it back repaired, plus they replaced the old 15 round mag with a brand new one for free.
Today I was rummaging around in my parts bin and I found another old 15 round G19 mag that is cracked in a few places.
If I send it off to Glock do you think they will warranty it and send back another 15 rounder, or do you think they will send back a Mass. neutered one? Or maybe they don't warranty old mags at all.
Figured I'd ask here first before I call them.

I doubt you'll even get them to take in a gun from MA because that means it has to come back to a MA FFL before it goes to you. Seen someone go through this before with a cracked frame that they couldn't get warrantied. Even just the mag, they probably wont send a new one of same capacity. If you have spare time a phone call is free but I wouldn't expect much.

I just sent in my G45 Gen 5 to get the night sights replaced and they replaced the old 10 round magazines for me free of charge. I do not think they will replace your cracked preban magazines with new mint standard-free-state capacity magazines. But they could make an exception and help you out like they helped me out. It would be worth calling Glock and speaking with one of their customer service representatives.

I doubt you'll even get them to take in a gun from MA because that means it has to come back to a MA FFL before it goes to you.
well, not entirely true. a gun sent for repair can be shipped back to the senders home. how they treat a replaced frame that may have a different serial # than what was sent in, i don't know. never did a replaced frame with glock...but shipped many a gun in for their free check up and oil change.

I doubt you'll even get them to take in a gun from MA because that means it has to come back to a MA FFL before it goes to you. Seen someone go through this before with a cracked frame that they couldn't get warrantied. Even just the mag, they probably wont send a new one of same capacity. If you have spare time a phone call is free but I wouldn't expect much.
By Glock policy, yes,

By law, no. It is even lawful to send a replacement with a different serial number under federal law.

well, not entirely true. a gun sent for repair can be shipped back to the senders home. how they treat a replaced frame that may have a different serial # than what was sent in, i don't know. never did a replaced frame with glock...but shipped many a gun in for their free check up and oil change.

Had a Walther pistol serviced, it returned to my home but only because it was the same frame. New frame means new serial number (unless you got one of them sig's) and new serial number means new firearm, new firearm means 4473.

Had a Walther pistol serviced, it returned to my home but only because it was the same frame. New frame means new serial number (unless you got one of them sig's) and new serial number means new firearm, new firearm means 4473.
Federal law allows a manufacturer to replace a gun with a like one without use of an FFL if this is done for repair or maintenance purposes. That being said, I have never encountered a manufacturer that did not voluntarily impose the not required by federal law step of using an FFL as an intermediary.

Federal law allows a manufacturer to replace a gun with a like one without use of an FFL if this is done for repair or maintenance purposes. That being said, I have never encountered a manufacturer that did not voluntarily impose the not required by federal law step of using an FFL as an intermediary.

Well then we should list them ALL in the Boycott thread. ;)

Ruger would not even take my preban 30 round magazines (Ruger factory) for test firing purposes so every manufacturer is different.

Glock warrantees the mags.

If you have a bunch of old cracked pre bans, they will replace them with 10 rounders in Mass.

You have to send them to Glock and they will send the new ones back.

If you happened to get a pre ban mag back to you - consider yourself very lucky.

I sent them a M19 just last year for a refurb. Had no issues whatsoever with shipping to and from my ffl.

If you have a bunch of old cracked pre bans, they will replace them with 10 rounders in Mass.
Hey, a brand new 10-rounder is far superior to a broken Pre-ban... from a self-defense point of view...
Don't white-knuckle them shitty old mags, pre-ban or not.
Buy new, Live to fight another day.

10 rounds of .45acp in a G21 is a pretty good defensive platform.

Back
Top Bottom