• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock MAG repair/rebuild question

kro77

NES Member
Hi all,

I picked up an older u notch glock 9mm mag. I was at the range today and I loaded it and the base plate pipped off.

Is this a simple rebuild with a new base plate or is there a chance the actual body is toast and I am out a couple bucks?

Thanks for your input, K

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Attached are photos of the mag and what happens when you put it in the Glock, let me know what you guys think.

uploadfromtaptalk1454268580273.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1454268595054.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1454268607344.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1454268622782.jpg

That baseplate looks extremely loose. Doesn't fit well at all... Hopefully a new baseplate solves your issue and the problem isn't with the actual magazine body itself.

Hi all,

I picked up an older u notch glock 9mm mag. I was at the range today and I loaded it and the base plate pipped off.

Is this a simple rebuild with a new base plate or is there a chance the actual body is toast and I am out a couple bucks?

Thanks for your input, K

Attached are photos of the mag and what happens when you put it in the Glock, let me know what you guys think.

View attachment 157422View attachment 157423View attachment 157424View attachment 157425

The 9mm u notch and square notch magazines have different part number and slightly

The 9mm u notch and square notch magazines have different part numbers and slightly different shapes, but I don't think that is your problem. It appears that someone used a floor plate from a .45 magazine, which is slightly larger than the 9mm. You also don't show the insert (pictured) below for the magazine.

I don't know enough about the tango down floor plate, but it does have a hole for an insert plate...maybe it comes with it. You could have purchased a complete 9mm u-notch repair kit (spring, follower, insert, floor plate) for less than the cost of the tango down floor plate.

ThumbnailHandler.jpg

Thanks for the note. The floor plates should never here Tuesday and will share my results. I assume you recommend glock meister for the rebuild kit?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the note. The floor plates should never here Tuesday and will share my results. I assume you recommend glock meister for the rebuild kit?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I think Glockmeister sells the parts separately. Another online site, Glockparts.com sells a complete kit. (I checked, in stock at $14.95 for a G19 NFML mag body). Other companies must sell them too or you can buy the parts directly from Glock.

Zoom

Magazines | Magazine Rebuild Kits
Magazine Rebuild Kit NFMLComplete rebuild kit for your older non full metal lined magazines (NFML). The NFML mags have a rounded shape on the back of the magazine tube at the top
Item: MRBK Manufacturer:Glock Inc.

• [*=left]1
    [*=left]2
    [*=left]3
    [*=left]4
    [*=left]5

Read (0 reviews) Write A Review

Product OptionsPistol Model: Glock 17 Glock 19 Glock 21 Glock 22 Glock 23
starting at:$14.95

Last edited:
I think Glockmeister sells the parts separately. Another online site, Glockparts.com sells a complete kit. (I checked, in stock at $14.95 for a G19 NFML mag body). Other companies must sell them too or you can buy the parts directly from Glock.

Zoom

Magazines | Magazine Rebuild Kits
Magazine Rebuild Kit NFMLComplete rebuild kit for your older non full metal lined magazines (NFML). The NFML mags have a rounded shape on the back of the magazine tube at the top
Item: MRBK Manufacturer:Glock Inc.

• [*=left]1
    [*=left]2
    [*=left]3
    [*=left]4
    [*=left]5

Read (0 reviews) Write A Review

Product OptionsPistol Model: Glock 17 Glock 19 Glock 21 Glock 22 Glock 23
starting at:$14.95

Got the floor plates and installed them. And it is working as expected. I had to sand down the vickers plate a little to get the mag release to engage properly.

uploadfromtaptalk1454532156061.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1454532166809.jpg

Back
Top Bottom