glock lower reciever

If I found a gen4 lower receiver for a glock from out of state, could I purchase it even though I live in MA? Im still not completely clear on the out of state buying laws...
Also, would the gen4 lower receiver fit all gen glock slides and internals(19 to 19 23 to 23 etc.)

im not 100% sure but if it has the serial number on it then its a firearm and has to be document as such so you need an FFL. and since your in ma its not gonna happen?

correct me if im wrong.

If I found a gen4 lower receiver for a glock from out of state, could I purchase it even though I live in MA?

Also, would the gen4 lower receiver fit all gen glock slides and internals(19 to 19 23 to 23 etc.)

No you can't (depending on which set of laws you want to follow).
ETA: You are talking about a frame for a Gen 4 Glock made after 10/21/1998. The BATFE see's it as a firearm (classified as "other" on the 4473) and MA see's it as a part that does not require a transfer because it is a non functioning firearm. Acme see's it as a Glock made after 10/21/98. More important than asking here if you can buy it, is to ask your MA dealer if they will do the transfer.

Yes they will.

Last edited:
Feel free to buy uppers all day long without involving an FFL, but the silly plastic lower on a Glock is what contains the serial number. So if you're in MA and not an LEO it's no good to you.

What Acme said is true. Because Ma considers it a part some dealers MAY transfer a frame to you (I think it has to be stripped?) but not the whole gun. It all depends on how the dealer views it but from my understanding, it is legal.

What Acme said is true. Because Ma considers it a part some dealers MAY transfer a frame to you (I think it has to be stripped?) but not the whole gun. It all depends on how the dealer views it but from my understanding, it is legal.
True. There is no clear case law on the status of a Glock lower that is not stripped, however, it it very clear that a stripped lower does not meet the state definition of "firearm". There are plenty of dealers who will transfer a stripped lower ... and plenty who won't unless they could legally sell a complete gun based on the particular lower.

Back
Top Bottom