glock info

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that i cant buy a glock from a retailer unless its a pre 1998 gun but what if i buy just a frame and a slide and just build one? dose anyone know if you can just buy "the parts" separate and build a glock from the frame up?

Also, that wouldn't work anyway. Sure, if you had an AR that was in post-ban configuration, you could safely travel in the car with it if you had the proper permit, and have field stripped it down and put it away. It would be an incomplete gun and you would not be arrested. But to go through all of the trouble of building a Glock from the frame up, KNOWING that you are doing it to avoid trouble with legality, doesn't seem worth it for me.

Also, that wouldn't work anyway. Sure, if you had an AR that was in post-ban configuration, you could safely travel in the car with it if you had the proper permit, and have field stripped it down and put it away. It would be an incomplete gun and you would not be arrested. But to go through all of the trouble of building a Glock from the frame up, KNOWING that you are doing it to avoid trouble with legality, doesn't seem worth it for me.

Not sure what you are getting at here. Compliance is only binding on the dealers. If I build a Glock tomorrow it will be legal to own in MA. You just have to FA-10 it within 7 days of it being fireable.

This is no different than what you would do if building a 1911 or some other gun.

The OP could get himself a timberwolf frame or something and built out a Glock if he wanted. All completely legal.

He would just need to find someone to do a frame transfer- and we're not going to discuss that here for obvious reasons.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom