• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock inbound; but the routing???

allen-1

NES Member
I got an email yesterday that a Glock 41 I've been waiting for has shipped, and it actually shipped 2 weeks ahead of the projected date.

Glock is based in Smyrna, Georgia. I live in Bryan County, Georgia - and the gun's going to an FFL in Savannah Georgia.

So, riddle me this, Batman - why does Fedex tracking show that the gun's in Memphis, Tennessee?

Yeah, yeah - hub or something - but seriously?

Did you get the MOS version?
I didn’t, I got mine as soon as it came out. But I just sent my slide to C&H to get it milled for MOS plates. They got it yesterday, so now the wait begins. At least you should have yours before I get mine back…

I got an email yesterday that a Glock 41 I've been waiting for has shipped, and it actually shipped 2 weeks ahead of the projected date.

Glock is based in Smyrna, Georgia. I live in Bryan County, Georgia - and the gun's going to an FFL in Savannah Georgia.

So, riddle me this, Batman - why does Fedex tracking show that the gun's in Memphis, Tennessee?

All overnight FedEx packages go there first.

I bought a gun in Merrimack NH and the FFL shipped it to my FFL in Littleton MA (aka The Mill) on the same day I pursued. It went to Concord NH, then Springfield MA, then Newark NJ, them back to Springfield MA, then somewhere in the middle that I can’t remember and then finally to Littleton MA. What is a 35 minute drive took 7 days!

Did you get the MOS version?
I didn’t, I got mine as soon as it came out. But I just sent my slide to C&H to get it milled for MOS plates. They got it yesterday, so now the wait begins. At least you should have yours before I get mine back…
I did not.

Timing's an issue here. I'm leaving town Tuesday afternoon, headed north for a couple of months. The 41's coming into my FFL Tuesday afternoon, (gods willing and the crick don't rise). So I'll swing through my FFL Tuesday, pick up the gun and keep going. I'll shoot it up north to make sure it's good, then send the slide to C&H and start looking for a used 21 slide to keep bare for GSSF. The 41 isn't legal for GSSF, except for competition - and I shoot my 34 for that division.

If I ship the slide to C&H, it's not a firearm, so it's pretty easy. The trick is going to be dropping off an RMR at C&H Monday...

How would you run shipping logistics?

I heard a story, many moons ago, when FedEx was a revolutionary concept: There was a bog company in CT, and they had a huge skyscraper all to themselves. Inter-office mail would take 3-4 days: Envelope gets put in the inter-office mailbox Monday. Picked up monday afternoon. Tuesday it would get sorted. Wednesday it was brought to the right floor. Thursday addressee got it.

FedEx would get it to the right desk the next day, by going throug Memphis. The FedEx bill got the attention of the company, and they changed their system.

Their system works.

I heard a story, many moons ago, when FedEx was a revolutionary concept: There was a bog company in CT, and they had a huge skyscraper all to themselves. Inter-office mail would take 3-4 days: Envelope gets put in the inter-office mailbox Monday. Picked up monday afternoon. Tuesday it would get sorted. Wednesday it was brought to the right floor. Thursday addressee got it.
How about intra-office mail? [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom