Glock Hearing - Can you attend?

have my comm 2a pledge pin (surprised i haven't seen it mentioned on NES before the O.P.) and will be there if possible

Anyone from metrowest area have room for a passenger? I hate Boston navigation.
challenge coin in pocket!

Ditto. I absolutely hate driving into the city with a passion. If I can meet someone in metrowest and get a ride in I'll pay the parking. I'll follow knuckle dragger's lead and wear a jacket and tie. It would be well worth taking a day from work to give them some support.

Take commuter rail into South or North Station...depending on your location.

20 minute walk from South Station. I think North Station is even closer.

Wearing a t shirt and sitting quietly by myself is disrespectful?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yes, it is. This is a court of law. Do you go to church in a "God is dead" t-shirt? Would you go to your daughter's high school or college graduation in a t-shirt?

This isn't a protest, it's civic engagement. The gun control crowd, including the AG, is trying to depersonalize these issues by framing them as challenges to the firearms industry and 'gun lobby'. To the extent that her actions are effect to Massachusetts citizens, she wants to marginalize those individuals as a no more than a small group of despicables made up of swamp-dwelling, mouth-breathing, misogynistic, homo-phobic and racists white male insurrectionists. Show up to court in a 'Tyranny' or 'Heil Healey' t-shirt and you just play into that narrative.

I'll break away for this, do we have a rally point?
No, don't 'rally'. Come to the courtroom by 2pm, find a seat, listen to the arguments and learn. I'm having trouble getting some of the documents uploaded, but I'll try to post an outline of the case before the hearing.

I may be able to make this. Glock's been good to me and I agree, this is the support we should be giving them. Comm2A pin will be in order.

This is serious business, let's keep it professional.

I work near Fenway so likely will drive and park closer, so may be able to take the long way and give rides to some folks who are outlying

Good luck. I was met with a FU when I suggested people to present themselves in a proper and more professional appearance.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/318247-Sterotypes

It's the "I don't care what others think" extreme attitude. And in many things I don't care what others think, BUT you need to have a limit on this because ultimately you have to live in the same world as others and their perception of you will affect how they treat you and how much respect they show for your opinion, and even your rights.

Dressing for the occasion is a very old saying that is as true now as it has been in the past. And showing what is perceived by others as a positive reinforcement of your cause will help you, just as playing into a negative stereotype will hurt you, and your cause.

Ask yourself this. Is this about YOU owning a gun or is is it about preserving everyone's right to own one?

BTW I'll try to be there, it looks good right now. And I'll be wearing my Comm2a and NSSF pins.

It's the "I don't care what others think" extreme attitude. And in many things I don't care what others think, BUT you need to have a limit on this because ultimately you have to live in the same world as others and their perception of you will affect how they treat you and how much respect they show for your opinion, and even your rights.

Dressing for the occasion is a very old saying that is as true now as it has been in the past. And showing what is perceived by others as a positive reinforcement of your cause will help you, just as playing into a negative stereotype will hurt you, and your cause.

Ask yourself this. Is this about YOU owning a gun or is is it about preserving everyone's right to own one?

BTW I'll try to be there, it looks good right now. And I'll be wearing my Comm2a and NSSF pins.

I totally agree with you. Especially when we are trying to shape public opinion. When it comes to the courts. If you happen to be a poor homeless person. Who can't afford a Brioni suit; regardless of how you dress in court you should expect equal protection under the law.

The way the law or the lack there of has been applied by the judicial system lately. I got a chuckle out of Knuckle Dragger demand that we show respect to the institution.

If the church was still using threats of violence and imprisonment. In order to make the people conform. Then by all means wear a "God Is Dead" shirt into a church.
History was shaped by renegades. Where is our modern day Thomas Paine?

I got a chuckle out of Knuckle Dragger demand that we show respect to the institution.
The system is all about respect. Even a DA attempting to get someone the death penalty will refer to the defendant politely and professionally - as in "Mr. Smith needs to die" rather than "We gotta kill the scumbag".

If the church was still using threats of violence and imprisonment. In order to make the people conform. Then by all means wear a "God Is Dead" shirt into a church.
History was shaped by renegades. Where is our modern day Thomas Paine?

Are you volunteering or just waiting for someone else to do it?

I might be able to do a half day at work and bug out early and make an appearance with you guys.

-Mike

It's a Motion for Protective Order so it will be more than 5 or 10 minutes. It depends, too, on how many cases are on the docket that day and whether this case is first, second, third, etc. on the list.

This will be my first time in Superior Court, but I think they schedule individual cases like the federal courts do. I don't believe this is the 9am cattle call you see in district court.

Back
Top Bottom