• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock gen 5

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
I never thought I have to ask a Glock question, but here it goes. .Can a MA. FFL sell, or transfer a Glock Gen.5 receiver to a MA. resident?

I asked three FFLs, and got three different answer. I just didn't know that if you owned a gen 5 Glock, and wanted to sell it to someone threw
an FFL. All you had to do was take it apart and transfer the lower threw the FFL.

I asked three FFLs, and got three different answer. I just didn't know that if you owned a gen 5 Glock, and wanted to sell it to someone threw
an FFL. All you had to do was take it apart and transfer the lower threw the FFL.
Pick the FFL that gave you the best answer for what you wanted?

There are ways...

MGL chap 140 sec 121
''Weapon'', any rifle, shotgun or firearm.
"Firearm'', a stun gun or a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged and of which the length of the barrel or barrels is less than 16 inches or 18 inches in the case of a shotgun as originally manufactured; provided, however, that the term firearm shall not include any weapon that is: (i) constructed in a shape that does not resemble a handgun, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun including, but not limited to, covert weapons that resemble key-chains, pens, cigarette-lighters or cigarette-packages; or (ii) not detectable as a weapon or potential weapon by x-ray machines commonly used at airports or walk- through metal detectors.
"Rifle'', a weapon having a rifled bore with a barrel length equal to or greater than 16 inches and capable of discharging a shot or bullet for each pull of the trigger.'Rifle'', a weapon having a rifled bore with a barrel length equal to or greater than 16 inches and capable of discharging a shot or bullet for each pull of the trigger.
"Shotgun'', a weapon having a smooth bore with a barrel length equal to or greater than 18 inches with an overall length equal to or greater than 26 inches, and capable of discharging a shot or bullet for each pull of the trigger.

Frame does not seem to be a Weapon so not regulated and no restrictions on sale by a MA Dealer.
FFL is a federal license and an FFL can transfer you anything. MA requires a MA Dealers license to transfer Weapons.

So find an FFL that will transfer you the frame. Your seniority here I would have thought you had already figured out the frame game and how it was played [cheers]

I never paid much attention to it because I never did one, and the only reason I asked was that I was looking for
a gen 5 and someone wanted to sell it to me threw an FFL by taking it apart, and transferring the lower threw the FFL.
I picked one up from another member did an EFA-10,and now I am the owner of a Glock 19 Gen. 5.

I never paid much attention to it because I never did one, and the only reason I asked was that I was looking for
a gen 5 and someone wanted to sell it to me threw an FFL by taking it apart, and transferring the lower threw the FFL.
I picked one up from another member did an EFA-10,and now I am the owner of a Glock 19 Gen. 5.

What made you not go with the first seller using the ffl ?

What made you not go with the first seller using the ffl ?
Why play silly games if you don't have to, The first one, go to the FFL do NICS check if you are delayed return to FFL. You also have to pay for transfer, and deal with going into a place that you might get covid. The second one. in this case, meet up at highway rest stop do EFA-10 from a distance, and go on my merry way. Legal and faster than a drug deal.

Last edited:
no doubt a eFA-10 is the easiest way to go in MA, and I love hearing yet another (unconfirmed but assumed true) story of how effn STUPID the M.S.P. re, and that dope is a Sergeant to boot ( jack booted too!)

no doubt a eFA-10 is the easiest way to go in MA, and I love hearing yet another (unconfirmed but assumed true) story of how effn STUPID the M.S.P. re, and that dope is a Sergeant to boot ( jack booted too!)
I basically had to point out that a MSP Trooper in Ballistics was full of shit when he wrote his report that a standard Norinco SKS was an 11 rd (plus 1 in the chamber) and used 11 rd clips. The trooper had 15 yrs experience in 2 different state police forces and TTBOMK still works in our MSP ballistics lab certifying guns and their "capabilities"! Nothing surprises me here.

I’m sensing some sarcasm from MAGA Arms 😂

And this is why you should NEVER ask police a question about Mass gun laws!!!!!!!!!

I talked to my friend and he called an NRA instructor for clarification. Turns out Gen 5 Glocks are only illegal if your LTC was issued pre-Healey. And Len-2A is absolutely right. The police are way overated. Sting's solo work is so much better.

Why play silly games if you don't have to, The first one, go to the FFL do NICS check if you are delayed return to FFL. You also have to pay for transfer, and deal with going into a place that you might get covid. The second one. in this case, meet up at highway rest stop do EFA-10 from a distance, and go on my merry way. Legal and faster than a drug deal.
This 1000% and I rarely buy guns from gun shops anymore. I have no reason to buy neutered ma compliant guns and most shops don't stock anything I would want anymore anyway.

I am not saying not to support your local gun shop, and there are many times when we need them
I just went the easiest way for myself.

Back
Top Bottom