• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock frame

Neveuxpr

NES Member
So I've go a unique question regarding a Glock frame only transfer in MA. Hypothetically, I was thinking of getting an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit for the 19 and mating it up with a frame only purchase to be bought. I've got a 19 it could be run on but I'd like to make an exclusive .22lr. I know the 44 exists but the Advantage kit comes with an optics ready slide and the 44 does not.

How would that work? The frame would need to be registered, no? The Advantage kit doesn't require an LTC to buy so I don't see how you'd be registering that serial number to a different serial frame that has no upper.

Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I duno in mass but normally the only part of the gun that needs serial is the frame/receiver, which in this case is the lower half. That’s all that needs a transfer. Nobody has to know what’s in that frame. Glock serialized more than they have to.

So I've go a unique question regarding a Glock frame only transfer in MA. Hypothetically, I was thinking of getting an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit for the 19 and mating it up with a frame only purchase to be bought. I've got a 19 it could be run on but I'd like to make an exclusive .22lr. I know the 44 exists but the Advantage kit comes with an optics ready slide and the 44 does not.

How would that work? The frame would need to be registered, no? The Advantage kit doesn't require an LTC to buy so I don't see how you'd be registering that serial number to a different serial frame that has no upper.

Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks!
I am not a lawyer, that said, if I am reading this correctly, you have a G19 already, and are getting a second frame to use with a .22lr kit.

There is a Fed requirement to do a 4473 when buying the frame from a dealer.

Once you assemble the .22 kit to the G19 frame, you now have a "firearm" according to MA law and must complete an EFA-10.

Use the serial number for the frame when you EFA-10.

Purchase a frame from Lone Wolf have it shipped to your dealer have the dealer transfer the frame to you on a 4473.. Purchase a Glock 19 upper on Ebay if you want or some where else have it sent to your home. Install, the G19 upper on your frame install the 22 kit. now you have a firearm and it needs to be Regestered. Regester the firearm on the Portal EFA10 as a Lone Wolf 22 now you have completed what you were looking to do. If the AA conversion Kit is a complete and ready to go upper you dont have to purchase another slide just install the AA Conversion upper on the new Lone Wolf frame and now you have a firearm and it needs to be Regestered. Regester the firearm on the Portal EFA10 as a Lone Wolf 22 now you have completed what you were looking to do. Remember if you use a Lone Wolf frame this firearm is not a Glock it is a Lone Wolf.

OK you want to make a dedicated 22 based on a G19 frame and a Agency Arms upper you are going to buy for the project

( have you considered a P80?)

If you can get a G19 frame transferred to you, once you put the Agency Arms slide on it and it is capable of firing a round you have 7 days to eFA10 the "transaction"

If you were just going to slap the AA 22 conversion on your existing already in the system G19 upper, nothing needs to be done

If you are getting an actual Glock branded frame with a serial it is going to be "registered" unless you are buying it in a back alley
If you are get a Glock clone incomplete frame once you build it and it can fire you "register" it in the required amount of days
If you are buying a Glock frame with a serial you would have done the federal requirement. Once you get the slide and it functions you set the timer for the state registration part

Glock serialized more than they have to.
They did this because a ton of non US countries that they sell guns in, either more parts or different parts need serials. Some countries demand the barrel/slide or "pressure holding devices" be serialized because they realized that was the hardest part for someone to manufacture...... look at walthers and many CZ, same thing. Although I have two CZ P10s and one American, the US made P10C i have, it has no barrel serial.

This is in MA right?
Yes. I know an FFL would do the frame transfer but unsure how you register it on the website because you wouldn't normally have to register the .22 conversion so you can't use that info as the slide.

Yes. I know an FFL would do the frame transfer but unsure how you register it on the website because you wouldn't normally have to register the .22 conversion so you can't use that info as the slide.
If it's a dedicated host, it's a 22 caliber firearm with an the model and serialization info from the frame.

I assume your G19 is already registered? If so, remove slide, attach AA slide, enjoy?
Two different scenarios. I want to get a dedicated separate frame for the kit, which I don't have. Wasn't sure how it would get registered because the website wants model and serial and caliber and you wouldn't enter the 22 kit serial number and caliber.

Buy the frame. Buy the kit. Put it together. Register it as 22lr. Done. Did this with a 21sf in 460 Rowland. Probably the only Glock registered in Rowland.
Yes in Ma.your only registering the frame.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and forget about the AA conversion kits. They don’t work anywhere near as well as you have been led to believe. I have 2 of them, for a 17 and a 19.

If you want a decent .22 with a full size gun feel look into the Taurus TX22 or the Sig P322. If you want the ability to mount an optic on the slide, than consider the TX22 Compact or the P322.
They will both be cheaper and serve you much better than the AA conversion kit.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and forget about the AA conversion kits. They don’t work anywhere near as well as you have been led to believe. I have 2 of them, for a 17 and a 19.

If you want a decent .22 with a full size gun feel look into the Taurus TX22 or the Sig P322. If you want the ability to mount an optic on the slide, than consider the TX22 Compact or the P322.
Thanks for the feedback. I considered the P322 but with the leading issues with the barrel and your chances of getting a crap one, I steered away from that. Currently have a Ruger 22/45 but wanted a combat style 22 as well. Couldn't find the Taurus tx22, just the competition model that's MA legal.

Two different scenarios. I want to get a dedicated separate frame for the kit, which I don't have. Wasn't sure how it would get registered because the website wants model and serial and caliber and you wouldn't enter the 22 kit serial number and caliber.
Ah, then, as others already said, just use the serial that's on the frame. If you do a P80 or something and the frame doesn't have a serial, then you can either leave that field blank or write NA (I don't remember which works). The serial on the AA slide is totally irrelevant.

I’ll second this. I also have the kit and even recommended ammo still jams a lot.

Thanks for the feedback. I considered the P322 but with the leading issues with the barrel and your chances of getting a crap one, I steered away from that. Currently have a Ruger 22/45 but wanted a combat style 22 as well. Couldn't find the Taurus tx22, just the competition model that's MA legal.

Did you call around to other FFLs? Not sure where you’re located, but if you call around, some FFLs might not stock the TX22, but they can/will get one. I’d start with the Mill.

Did you call around to other FFLs? Not sure where you’re located, but if you call around, some FFLs might not stock the TX22, but they can/will get one. I’d start with the Mill.
I'm in MA but a distance away from Littleton, though I've used them a bit before. Appreciate the feedback!

Does anyone know if you have a full registered Glock, then separate the frame and slide, sell the frame, do you need to do an EFA-10? (it shouldn't have a barrel length now, etc.?)
You've just described a frame transfer.

Also if you don't need to do an EFA-10 how do you update the MA Gun Portal that you no longer have that Glock registered, since you sold the frame?
You don't. The database will never not say you own the firearm. Even if you transfer the whole firearm to someone else, filing the appropriate eFA-10 for the transfer, you will always show as having received it.

It's not a registry of firearms.

It's a registry of firearm transactions.

When a future owner assembles a slide to that frame and dutifully records having done so, a search of the system will show that you each received the pistol. A careful examiner will see that one came after the other, and assume what happened.

But your record will ALWAYS include that pistol.

If you are getting an actual Glock branded frame with a serial it is going to be "registered" unless you are buying it in a back alley
If you are get a Glock clone incomplete frame once you build it and it can fire you "register" it in the required amount of days
If you are buying a Glock frame with a serial you would have done the federal requirement. Once you get the slide and it functions you set the timer for the state registration part
It depends on what you mean by "Regiestered". Recorded in manufacturers, distributors and dealers books - certainly.

Reported to the state of MA as a firearm sale (de-facto but incomplete "registration") - Only if the dealer files an E-FA10 which is not appropriate or required for a object like a stripped frame that is not a firearm, rifle or shotgun under MA law.

OK, so let's say I make a cast mold of my current G19 frame. Then I make a plastic "frame" out of that, grind it all out and then fit all the parts to it. Next, I forge a length of bar stock into the proper dimensions and use a milling machine to make a slide. Lastly, I get a piece of SS and mill and drill it into a barrel.

My question is. . . . . when am I required to buy the .22 kit? LOL

...an E-FA10 which is not appropriate or required for a object like a stripped frame...
rob, i assume the nomenclature for a pistol frame is the same as a rifle lower...stripped for both means no fire control parts are installed. this changes if the hypothetical glock frame is stuffed and ready to go with a slde topping it off....no?

Does anyone know if you have a full registered Glock, then separate the frame and slide, sell the frame, do you need to do an EFA-10? (it shouldn't have a barrel length now, etc.?)

Also if you don't need to do an EFA-10 how do you update the MA Gun Portal that you no longer have that Glock registered, since you sold the frame?
There is no way to update the gun will always be registered to you.

They seem to be a bit hit or miss. I have the kit for the 17, (Gen 3), and it hasn't given me any issues. I run Remington Golden Bullets, (got a bucket of them), in it. Thing I dislike the most is the loading of the mags, but that's pretty much true for every .22 I own.

I'm going to sell mine at some point, since I picked up a G44, and thus have no need for it any more.

Back
Top Bottom