• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Factory Repair Problems for Massachusetts Residents?

Hi, I recently purchased a gen 2 Glock 19 from my local dealer (a consignment sale). After bringing it home, I noticed that the frame was cracked. The dealer was pretty cool about it and said that he'd send it to Glock for repair/replacement. So far, though, Glock hasn't authorized him to ship it, no doubt because of the state of Massachusetts won't let new Glocks be sold here. I assume that it will require a new frame and serial number. Has anyone had any experience with this and did it work out or not?

Nope, I think your wrong here. Glock should accept any shipment from FFL. Must be some other reason or maybe they are just slow to respond.

Nope, I think your wrong here. Glock should accept any shipment from FFL. Must be some other reason or maybe they are just slow to respond.

They should absolutely accept it. The problem is they cant send it back (or so they think) since it will get a new gen 3 replacement frame. The trick will be to get them to send the gun back in parts. Stripped frame to ffl, everything else to customer. That won't happen, though, because Glock doesn't care about MA bullshit.

OP's best bet is to find a new Gen 3 frame online and find a willing ffl to transfer it (such things do exist). Stripped frames are not exactly expensive and are not firearms under MA law.

A met someone a few years ago who sent a cracked G17 Gen 2 frame for repair and they sent him a brand new Gen 3. I didn't ask any further questions, my mind was blown.

Did you notice this prior to buying it? If it goes back with a nice trigger job, it won't have it when returned. So I have heard.

Having a serial number that corresponded in some way would be ideal, even if that slowed the process down somewhat, and having a Gen3 frame would be great, since that's what I would have done anyway if I lived in a normal state. I just want to know if it's going to get sorted out in the end.

the likely issue is glock will replace it then your FFL has to transfer the new one to you. if its a dealer selling gen 2 glocks then he probably doesnt want to transfer a gen 3/4. thus your “hold up” is likely the dealer, not glock.

have you fired the gun at all? if the frame is cracked i would either take on the issue by calling glock myself or ask your dealer for refund/credit. a consignment gun w cracked frame means nobody inspected it before taking from prior owner. some of this should fall on the dealer.

my feeling would be get your $$ or credit back. if you paid w credit card even better since the dealer really cannot maintain a charge if he has the product in his possession. then go buy a nice new gen 3 or 4 and be happy.

How long have you given for the response?

If things are legit, then it will be taken care of legally. That is all you have to know, and a little bit of searching would have told you so with multiple examples.

Ive not had any issues with warranties from Glock.
It falls under gunsmithing so there's no 4473 involved.
They will send back a gen 3 frame from what ive experienced.
There is a form Glock sends you to fill out. Then you wait for the RMA number.

I inquired about upgrading a gen 2 to a gen 3 and was told by Glock that they could only replace the frame under warranty or for a leo. Ya know , cuz Massahoositts. A crack should be covered under warranty and a straight forward swap. I’d call Glock directly.

there's only one confirmed "I got a new frame" post here.
everything else is hearsay, "they said" "I hear." I don't know what to think.

It falls under gunsmithing so there's no 4473 involved.
They will send back a gen 3 frame from what ive experienced.
There is a form Glock sends you to fill out. Then you wait for the RMA number.
unless they send the new frame out with the same number as came in, I would say it most certainly would have to be sent to a dealer and transferred to the owner.
I is my understanding that one can send a gun in for service but only that gun can be returned to the residence. if a new frame has a different serial number, well it's not the same gun is it? I doubt glock would open that can of worms.

Shoot the crap out of it until it explodes in your hand, then call Maura, tell her how unsafe Glocks are, she'd be happy to spend taxpayer money to sue Glock for Billion$$. You won't get any money, but you will be able to sleep at night knowing you helped keep a poorly engineered, unsafe mankiller out of the hands of uninformed, ignorant, stupid subjects of the Commonwealth.

1) ship them the frame only unless they require the complete gun.

2) they will most likely replace the frame with a gen 3 frame. I beleive it will have a new serial number that means it is a replacement frame.

3) if you send them the frame and they send back a new gen 3 frame, the dealer shouldn’t have any problem transferring it. If they do then go find a new dealer.

4) look into it but might need to do a new EFA-10 if it’s only a frame transfer. Once you put on the old lower you built a new pew.

1) ship them the frame only unless they require the complete gun.

2) they will most likely replace the frame with a gen 3 frame. I beleive it will have a new serial number that means it is a replacement frame.

3) if you send them the frame and they send back a new gen 3 frame, the dealer shouldn’t have any problem transferring it. If they do then go find a new dealer.

4) look into it but might need to do a new EFA-10 if it’s only a frame transfer. Once you put on the old lower you built a new pew.

If Glock took the Gen2 frame back and kept/destroyed it, I think you would need to EFA-10 it to that fact. If you get into trouble and they do a raid on you, they will waterboard you until you give up the Glock, even if you don't have it. If you tell them it was destroyed, and have no papers, they will beat you even harder.

I would try to return it to the dealer and find another one. I would not want a gun with non matching numbers.

If Glock took the Gen2 frame back and kept/destroyed it, I think you would need to EFA-10 it to that fact. If you get into trouble and they do a raid on you, they will waterboard you until you give up the Glock, even if you don't have it. If you tell them it was destroyed, and have no papers, they will beat you even harder.
it's up to glock to file papers on the desrtoyed frame. the op has transferred the gun to the dealer, it's on his books now. whatever happens, old gun or new frame, will need to be transferred back to the op from that dealer. i doubt the dealer took it back in without any paperwork involved.

it's up to glock to file papers on the desrtoyed frame. the op has transferred the gun to the dealer, it's on his books now. whatever happens, old gun or new frame, will need to be transferred back to the op from that dealer. i doubt the dealer took it back in without any paperwork involved.
Good point. I neglected to think about FFL involvement

there's only one confirmed "I got a new frame" post here.

everything else is hearsay, "they said" "I hear." I don't know what to think.

unless they send the new frame out with the same number as came in, I would say it most certainly would have to be sent to a dealer and transferred to the owner.
I is my understanding that one can send a gun in for service but only that gun can be returned to the residence. if a new frame has a different serial number, well it's not the same gun is it? I doubt glock would open that can of worms.
They send it with paperwork from glock detailing the new serial and old serial and that the old frame is destroyed per ATF specs.
They did ask for it to go through an FFL though. I just detailed the repairs and new # in my book and out to the customer.

They don't send back a new frame with the old S/N. Fed Law says that it does NOT have to go thru a dealer back to the owner. However, because "Mass" some mfrs do ship only to a MA FFL. In which case you damn well better have an understanding with the FFL that he'll give it to you and not freak out if it is a Gen 3 frame.

I talked to my FFL tonight. He finally got ahold of someone at Glock who could give him an answer- it took 10 days. They said they would accept the busted frame and send back a good Gen 2 or 3 frame or a new gen 3 frame, depending on what they have on hand (if it's not new, why do they have it, anyway?). He said it will probably take 2 or 3 weeks, but that Glock would sort it out and I wouldn't have to pay for any of it. Thanks everybody for the advice and info.

Back
Top Bottom