• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock AR15 finally?

Lol it's cute everytime someone posts this yet nobody can actually prove that a KB caused that damage, especially when its pretty obvious that it's way more likely an M80 or something
did that. I have seen pics of a guy who ACTUALLY SHOT HIMSELF IN THE HAND with the business end of a .45 ACP glock and it didn't do that.

I've seen a lot of KB pics and wounds and none of them are that bad. Hell even a guy who had an M1A blow up in his face didn't have that happen to his hand, and it basically turned
that rifle into sawdust.
Worst I've seen (video) is the guy who's Serbu blew up, now that dude was f***ed up! But there was video of it happening.

That AR180 is what I'm thinking and looking forward too. We did get the Glock 19 X/45 out of the failed pistol contract.

True, but Glock lost out on half a billion on the pistol contract. They also see the same company that ate their lunch in the pistol contract get awarded billions for the next gen rifle contract. I'm sure they're all butthurt about Sig now and want to go toe to toe on whatever other military contracts are out there.

I'm still waiting for the Glock O/U for trap shooting. It's been too long. TOO TOO LONG!

(Honestly - I was on GT for a long time. I never understood this "they need to make a Z" argument. Why? They do something very very well. Why bother with another platform?)

I'm still waiting for the Glock O/U for trap shooting. It's been too long. TOO TOO LONG!

(Honestly - I was on GT for a long time. I never understood this "they need to make a Z" argument. Why? They do something very very well. Why bother with another platform?)

True. And the practically invented the category they do very very well. With AR's, its just another AR that happens to have Glock stampings. They also lose their gold standard appeal on this new platform, as it hasn't been tried and tested in active duty use like their pistols.

Yay a magpul receptical!
I have no strong feeling about it as a firearm, I'm already mentally exhausted by the impending onslaught of glock fanbois declaring it to be the end all be all of AR technologies.

Yay a magpul receptical!
I have no strong feeling about it as a firearm, I'm already mentally exhausted by the impending onslaught of glock fanbois declaring it to be the end all be all of AR technologies.
I think all the Glock fanboys are like..really? An AR? *sigh*

That thing is awesome. It looks just like every other AR-15. How progressive.

Yeah, I feel the same. It's like they started to do something with the ambi controls, but then called it a day early. Not that I'm a Sig fanboy, but Sig at least did dual charging (traditional and side) to make the ambi controls make more sense. Sig also seems to be ahead of the game in terms of in-house suppression, so I do wonder if that is a Glock suppressor with the weird flash hider nipple. Glock will actually be playing catch up in the AR world, and I'm not sure name alone will be enough.

That said, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense they have to do this now. While no one will be able to replace Glock's name as far as trust in a duty use capacity is concerned, lots of companies have caught up and arguably surpassed them in the features department for civilian markets. So lots of recreational non-duty sales are being lost now. Between P80's and every company on the planet wanting to outdo Glock, they have a collectively massive competitor. And for Glock's part, I can respect the "it aint broke" mentality, but that also means they've been very slow to adapt to modern consumer trends. So they most likely need to branch out, as it seems like they aren't going to be making any radical changes to their pistol lineup.

Given the Glock skill with molded plastic, you'd think, assuming this is legit, that 99% of what they'd do would be an improvement, or at least a change, on that factor alone.

Maybe make the lower radically different but the same (so it's unique, but still takes standard AR uppers). THEN you could call it a Glock AR. Now it's just like any other AR.

Given the Glock skill with molded plastic, you'd think, assuming this is legit, that 99% of what they'd do would be an improvement, or at least a change, on that factor alone.

Maybe make the lower radically different but the same (so it's unique, but still takes standard AR uppers). THEN you could call it a Glock AR. Now it's just like any other AR.

But what can be done to an AR lower that hasn't already been done (and is not a gimmick)? Seems like the design has pretty much matured in the 60+ years of market development, and besides the arguably useful ambi controls, not much has actually changed in design intent. Materials and manufacturing have improved, but the base design isn't that far off from the original in concept.

And radical sometimes doesn't pan out. Beretta ARX comes to mind there. Probably a completely fine and serviceable rifle, hindered by the "too far out there" design.

If this is a fake, I applaud the intent to eff with glock fanboys. If real, I’m calling it: Modern sporting rifles have jumped the shark.

But what can be done to an AR lower that hasn't already been done (and is not a gimmick)? Seems like the design has pretty much matured in the 60+ years of market development, and besides the arguably useful ambi controls, not much has actually changed in design intent. Materials and manufacturing have improved, but the base design isn't that far off from the original in concept.

And radical sometimes doesn't pan out. Beretta ARX comes to mind there. Probably a completely fine and serviceable rifle, hindered by the "too far out there" design.
Honestly?

If I were at Glock, and charged with entering the AR market, I would have teamed up with KE Arms/Brownells/InRange to make the monolithic polymer lower. I might also look at ways to attach similar improvements to a molded handguard.

Honestly?

If I were at Glock, and charged with entering the AR market, I would have teamed up with KE Arms/Brownells/InRange to make the monolithic polymer lower. I might also look at ways to attach similar improvements to a molded handguard.

I suppose it might take a name like Glock to fully legitimize a polymer AR lower, despite the fact lots of other platforms have had them for years. ARX being the example I cited above. Although, Beretta went full send on being radical with the design of that thing. I guess what I'm saying is that there's a fine line between tasteful new and full retard abstract.

Back
Top Bottom