• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock announces G44 in .22LR

When Glock looked up “legendary” in the dictionary, I think they looked in the same dictionary that Healey used to look up “copy” and “duplicate”. It seems to drastically broaden definitions.

A .22 Glock isn’t bad. But instead of “Legendary news!”, they should have said “Tune in on Dec 10th for news that will make you think, oh neat”

I'm so confused.

The 44 is a .22. The 22 is a .40.

The 40 is a a .40, but not really, it's a 10mm.

The G45 (which was out BEFORE the 44, which as a reminder is a .22) isn't .45 but 9.

There is no Glock 9 in firearms. There is a Glock 7, but it costs more than I make in a month.

meh.

I already have a Poly80, (that's G17/G34 sized), with a .22 conversion slide on it. It's a fun gun, but my Browning Buckmarks are better plinkers.

I do like my Buckmark, though I want to try a Mark IV just for comparison's sake.

I'm so confused.

The G45 (which was out BEFORE the 44, which as a reminder is a .22) isn't .45 but 9.

There is no Glock 9 in firearms. There is a Glock 7, but it costs more than I make in a month.

Yeah - Porsche did the same thing recently. They had the 996, then 997, but then went to the 991 and 992, but they've already had the 993. Poor planning by the marketing groups.

Last edited:
This reminds me of when Trek teased in April they were going to launch something revolutionary to a degree which hadn't been seen for 30 years. Everyone speculated that it was some new ultralight/stiff/strong composite frame material with graphine. Launch day comes and it is a new helmet liner.

The tough guy bravado here is gayer then Glock releasing a .22 pistol.

I am exactly who this pistol is targeted at, the father with young kids who can't wait to teach them how to shoot in his back yard. I want it with a threaded barrel, but after watching that gay circle jerk release video, I'm in for one either way.

I'm so confused.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "Glock 9" is some sort of curtain rod or knife, given that Gaston was designing those before and the model numbers correspond to the patent number orders.

Honestly speaking here, unfortunately I think they are using this to market towards "ban states," and are planning to adapt to a ban on "military caliber" firearms... I hope my tinfoil isn't wrapped too tight, but I think they would be silly not to potentially accomodate for such an event or to those that live under such rule currently.

Lol but no, it's a great branding move because it gives a product for new shooters to buy, and if it's not shit, it'll turn into a gateway drug" so they'll buy more Glocks. It's something they
should have entertained like 10 years ago...

-Mike

It's a friggan 22, who cares? [rofl] You guys really think double stacking 22 LR is a good idea?

What about quad stacking?
5C29B0A6-AE06-44CC-886F-5FB41536101E.jpeg

Really though, if one wants to mag dump 22lr, there are other options. There’s not much use for it in a .22 Glock that’s most likely going to be used for training and not shenanigans.
For 22lr mag dumps, free states can use this:
A5CDD845-499C-4EEC-9E13-39AB614FC28D.jpeg

OK. Is anybody really "sO dIsApPoInTeD"?
It was obvious this wasn't going to be legendary, but also it's not total bullshit.
Would it be good to have 22 training gun to introduce new shooters to the manual of arms of a glock that is actually reliable? definitely.
Would it be fun to plink with a 22 glock? Sure
Will they come out with different versions and support things like RDS and suppressors? Probably and if they don't the 3rd market will ASAP

Obviously they blew it with overselling the expectation and the product release was one giant cringe-fest.
The one thing I would ding them on is the magazines, with all that revolutionary-cutting-edge-future-tech you would think that they could squeeze at least 20 rounds into a full size magazine. That being said, this is probably being geared to the training segment, and people with limited phyisical capacity, so probably having a magazine that feeds consistanly and is easy to load is probably a bigger functional requirement than capacity. Also I have absolutely no doubt there are companies right now figurng out how to quad stack that sucker or a hopper that will accept a full 350 round box.

It's a friggan 22, who cares? [rofl] You guys really think double stacking 22 LR is a good idea?

Taurus makes a 16-round .22LR. Kel-Tec makes a 30-round .22 Magnum and a 33-round .22LR. This G44 is basically a Ruger Mark IV but without any bells and whistles and no current aftermarket support. Between this and a Ruger Mark IV, which will people buy for the time being?

Like I said before, this pistol is pretty "meh." If it evolves into a platform with more options, then that's going to be more interesting.

This is like the Fallout 76 of the gun world. "Hey guys! We're going to change RPG gaming forever with a busted ass legacy system from Fallout 4 that offers a very bland gameplay!" That's what this pistol is going to be.

Lol but no, it's a great branding move because it gives a product for new shooters to buy, and if it's not shit, it'll turn into a gateway drug" so they'll buy more Glocks. It's something they
should have entertained like 10 years ago...

-Mike

I get selling to newbs but most of us here aren't newbs. I would want this with a bigger mag, milled slide, and other farkles. Newbs think anything they own is cool. Remember the Mosin fad?

Right off the bat, smoked by the Competition.

350 msrp 16 rnd mags

199 msrp, 3 16 rnd mags, threaded barrel!!

Come on glock, atleast try!!

Two junk pistol brands, not even relevant. Especially not Taurus.

-Mike

Taurus makes a 16-round .22LR. Kel-Tec makes a 30-round .22 Magnum and a 33-round .22LR.

All of those are pretty much shit. Otherwise everyone and their brothers uncle would be buying them if they were
decent. They're not.

This G44 is basically a Ruger Mark IV but without any bells and whistles and no current aftermarket support. Between this and a Ruger Mark IV, which will people buy for the time being?

Lol, no, it's not. It's not even in the same league/type of gun, an MKIV is a single action, heavy gun. This is more along the lines of a product that plays vs a SR22 etc.

-Mike

I need one, maybe two. I can’t imagine how I was able to go so long without one...

What about quad stacking?
View attachment 317472

Really though, if one wants to mag dump 22lr, there are other options. There’s not much use for it in a .22 Glock that’s most likely going to be used for training and not shenanigans.
For 22lr mag dumps, free states can use this:
View attachment 317473

I can hear the jamming from here, as well as the cussing of the owner... [rofl]

OK. Is anybody really "sO dIsApPoInTeD"?
It was obvious this wasn't going to be legendary, but also it's not total bullshit.
Obviously they blew it with overselling the expectation and the product release was one giant cringe-fest.

Dissapointed, but not unexpectedly. They way oversold it. This wasn’t a “legendary” release worth of a hyped live stream.
This was worthy of “We’ve got something exciting coming out”.. and then everyone would say “oh cool, I’m gonna get one of those. I could use a .22 Glock trainer that functioned.

All of those are pretty much shit. Otherwise everyone and their brothers uncle would be buying them if they were
decent.

Lol, no, it's not. It's not even in the same league of gun, an MKIV is a single action, heavy gun.

-Mike

Who actually cares about the weight of a Mark IV? Who actually sits down and says "gee, this gun is too heavy for me. I need a Glock .22." A gun with more mass reduces recoil, which for newbs, is a concern.

I'll give you that the operating system is a jumped up Nambu but so what? Besides, we haven't even seen a pricetag for this G44 yet. If Ruger can keep their role as lowest price, reliable .22 pistol, Glock's just going to eat off the top end of the market and people who don't want to be Fudd'y with a Ruger.

Taurus makes a 16-round .22LR. Kel-Tec makes a 30-round .22 Magnum and a 33-round .22LR. This G44 is basically a Ruger Mark IV but without any bells and whistles and no current aftermarket support. Between this and a Ruger Mark IV, which will people buy for the time being?

Like I said before, this pistol is pretty "meh." If it evolves into a platform with more options, then that's going to be more interesting.

This is like the Fallout 76 of the gun world. "Hey guys! We're going to change RPG gaming forever with a busted ass legacy system from Fallout 4 that offers a very bland gameplay!" That's what this pistol is going to be.

I get selling to newbs but most of us here aren't newbs. I would want this with a bigger mag, milled slide, and other farkles. Newbs think anything they own is cool. Remember the Mosin fad?

Can any of those other guns and magazines drop directly into the all of the Glock holsters and mag pouches I already have? No, they can't. That alone makes this worth buying.

decent. They're not.

The problem is a 10rd PMR30 (does that make it a PMR10?) is worthless so you are not going to see a lot of them in MA or similar communist countries. They are near impossible to get and keep in stock if you are selling them on GB and they go for enough over cost on GB that they are actually worth selling. They are also a complete blast to shoot. A 30rd mag dump of 22mag is LOUD and create huge fireballs on every shot.

I have not shot the 22LR 33rd model they just released.

Looks like they will not be shipping until mid/late January so a lot of hype leading up to a release that will have a shortage of supply and frustrated people. It took like 3 months after the 43x release before supply caught up. If you really want the glock 44 (22x2, but not x2 magazine. hmm), then be prepared to wait. and wait. and wait

Can any of those other guns and magazines drop directly into the all of the Glock holsters and mag pouches I already have? No, they can't. That alone makes this worth buying.

Ok, so what you're saying is this is going to sell to Glock fans who already own everything that's GLOCK brand Glock. You just said something to the effect of "I am the target market because I have young kids." Do young kids wear holsters for Glocks? Do young kids or parents thereof have massive collections of Glock stuff? Not usually.

Who actually cares about the weight of a Mark IV? Who actually sits down and says "gee, this gun is too heavy for me. I need a Glock .22." A gun with more mass reduces recoil, which for newbs, is a concern.

On a 22 it's not a concern at all. My point is it's not the same kind of gun, the manual of arms is different, etc. An MKIV, while a nice pistol, doesn't replicate the manual of arms of guns
normally carried for self defense.

While we're on the topic, didn't S&W have an M&P 22 pistol? Not sure what happened with that. It might have been a dog, too...

I'll give you that the operating system is a jumped up Nambu but so what? Besides, we haven't even seen a pricetag for this G44 yet. If Ruger can keep their role as lowest price, reliable .22 pistol, Glock's just going to eat off the top end of the market and people who don't want to be Fudd'y with a Ruger.

Glock will sell scads of them if it's not a POS and it costs less than $500, all day long. Even if its $450 nobody will care, the flints will just keep flinting and adults will have another
gun to buy, assuming its decent. Hopefully they actually tested the design thoroughly so there won't be much teething problems.... but even if they f*** it up, they're pretty good
about making it right, unlike some of the other chronic failbus guns in this class, like the Sig Mosquito which was always a f***ing dumpster fire, and yet they kept selling it.... [laugh]

-Mike

Glock needs to develop fool-proof ignition, higher pressure, defensive-grade .22lr ammo for their gun.
Maybe there would be a carry market for those who can't even rack a standard Glock slide.

They make Baby Glocks, how about Granny Glocks...?

Back
Top Bottom